First  Prev  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  Next  Last
Post Reply Sword Art Online Discussions
38617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13

GaIaxy wrote:

Yeah, I mean... I just really wondered what happened to the characters like the girl who is in the opening of the show and in the second episode. I will watch more episodes tomorrow and see if the show picks up.

Edit- Also, sorry about the thread and posting in it after you said to post in here. Did not catch that.

No worries. I just think the mods try to keep series conversations collected is all.

Episodes 5-6, and then 8-14 are stories about Kirito and Asuna (7 introduces a friend of Asuna's who you'll see again occasionally, but she's mostly a side character like the ones from 3-4). There's a pretty dramatic shift in episode 15 that takes the show in a different direction, and it's kind of up to you if you like how things end up there or not.

Properly the second half of the show is a sequel to the Sword Art Online story arc, rather than a part of it.
768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
My only issue with the show after watching it during begin to end of simulcast was:
This is only my view, it was a somewhat okay story but at least felt better then same burn out crap harem anime or the love story with the super rude character being a main love interest. I could see why the younger crowd would get hyped about SoA though.
38617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13

AsuraCryin1980 wrote:

My only issue with the show after watching it during begin to end of simulcast was:
This is only my view, it was a somewhat okay story but at least felt better then same burn out crap harem anime or the love story with the super rude character being a main love interest. I could see why the younger crowd would get hyped about SoA though.


To be fair I have to give the story props for making me that angry about what was happening to one of the characters.

5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
lol watching the fifth episode now. lol at kirito caring for the npc's lol what the hell. why would anyone care about the npc's lives???
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
also this show goes against itself a couple times. in the first episode, kirito says you dont feel pain in the game to the red haired guy while in several episodes when people get hurt they are in agony...
2191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
Have the light novels been translated?
79327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

Shiek2005 wrote:

Have the light novels been translated?


Some of them yes
32463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

Shiek2005 wrote:

Have the light novels been translated?


novels 1 - 11 have all been fully translated. novel 12, which was released not too long ago, hasn't been translated yet.
2191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

AnimeKami wrote:


Shiek2005 wrote:

Have the light novels been translated?


Some of them yes


Official or fan translations?

32463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

Shiek2005 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Shiek2005 wrote:

Have the light novels been translated?


Some of them yes


Official or fan translations?



fan translations. no official translations in the works, yet.
2191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

aidenraine wrote:


Shiek2005 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Shiek2005 wrote:

Have the light novels been translated?


Some of them yes


Official or fan translations?



fan translations. no official translations in the works, yet.


Thanks!
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
watched a couple more episodes and it is growing on me. though i still think its moving by super fast. seems like a bunch of stuff is happening in between episodes.
38617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/13 , edited 5/1/13

GaIaxy wrote:

also this show goes against itself a couple times. in the first episode, kirito says you dont feel pain in the game to the red haired guy while in several episodes when people get hurt they are in agony...

The game can transmit experiencing pain to the user. But if I remember right it wasn't activated until after Kayaba Akihiko informed all the players that SAO was now permadeath (and the pain threshold wasn't pushed up to 100%).

It might also be a mind-over-matter thing, since later someone gets their hand cut off without much pain. I do remember the pain threshold becoming an important mechanic in the final fight at the end of the series, though.
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 5/1/13

Insomnist wrote:


GaIaxy wrote:

also this show goes against itself a couple times. in the first episode, kirito says you dont feel pain in the game to the red haired guy while in several episodes when people get hurt they are in agony...

The game can transmit experiencing pain to the user. But if I remember right it wasn't activated until after Kayaba Akihiko informed all the players that SAO was now permadeath (and the pain threshold wasn't pushed up to 100%).

It might also be a mind-over-matter thing, since later someone gets their hand cut off but doesn't seem to be in much pain. I do remember the pain threshold becoming an important mechanic in the final fight at the end of the series, though.


ah alright that makes sense
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / indonesia
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
<3 this
First  Prev  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.