First  Prev  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  Next  Last
Fall 2012 anime
65113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/3/12

Zensunni wrote: Is it just me, or is the CR slate looking much smaller than the Summer season? Like 10 fewer shows... Is it just that there are fewer Fall series than Summer, or is it that other players are stepping up their game?

There's no way to tell, yet, since there's no definite relationship between the number of boxes part way through the announcement season and the number of boxes they end up with. With 13 continuing series, they only need 17 new simulcasts to hit 30 again, and that is only three more boxes. Three more boxes showing up a little late would be nothing unusual.

Since TAN decided they want three exclusive streaming anime, then that effectively takes three delayed seasonal streams from Sentai off the table.

Home video distributors still get first dibs, so if FUNimation expands their licensing and if Viz picks up another one, that would take some off of the table.

On the other hand, there are more series in Fall than in Summer, and there could be some direct streaming licenses of series that are not going to get picked up for R1 home video release which are just still in negotiation with Crunchyroll. Obviously a lot of the series announced so far do not include South America, and with the Latin American version of their web, they might push a little bit harder for Latin American streaming rights.
jree78 
56676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/3/12

agila61 wrote:


Zensunni wrote: Is it just me, or is the CR slate looking much smaller than the Summer season? Like 10 fewer shows... Is it just that there are fewer Fall series than Summer, or is it that other players are stepping up their game?

There's no way to tell, yet, since there's no definite relationship between the number of boxes part way through the announcement season and the number of boxes they end up with. With 13 continuing series, they only need 17 new simulcasts to hit 30 again, and that is only three more boxes. Three more boxes showing up a little late would be nothing unusual.

Since TAN decided they want three exclusive streaming anime, then that effectively takes three delayed seasonal streams from Sentai off the table.

Home video distributors still get first dibs, so if FUNimation expands their licensing and if Viz picks up another one, that would take some off of the table.

On the other hand, there are more series in Fall than in Summer, and there could be some direct streaming licenses of series that are not going to get picked up for R1 home video release which are just still in negotiation with Crunchyroll. Obviously a lot of the series announced so far do not include South America, and with the Latin American version of their web, they might push a little bit harder for Latin American streaming rights.


They need 5 more boxes not 3. TBS is TBS if it doesn't have Media Factory doing the rights smaller chance Crunchyroll gets it. Funimation must be pushing hard for Psycho Pass and Robotics:Notes they premiere next week. Magi and JoJo's is a toss up. Crunchyroll should have a monopoly on all streaming that's my opinion.
133488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/3/12
24134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Dallas, Texas
Offline
Posted 10/3/12
All the way for:

Btooom
codebreaker
medakabox abnormal
21375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Towson, Maryland
Online
Posted 10/3/12


Given the daytime timeslot and the fact its a popular battle shonen, I'd say a year at minimum. Maybe more. I feel it could be the next Fairy Tail for A-1.
70370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/3/12

RyanSaotome wrote:



Given the daytime timeslot and the fact its a popular battle shonen, I'd say a year at minimum. Maybe more. I feel it could be the next Fairy Tail for A-1.

Given the timeslot Magi is definitely not a continuous series - with the announced "end point" it's most likely 26 eps, though 3-cour is possible. Gyrozetter is A-1's potentially long running series.

The new fall titles thread also confirms that it's from Aniplex USA, as expected. The thread also implies that SAO is Aniplex USA (I know it's obvious, but has it actually been announced yet?)
AMC44 
20096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / P.R
Offline
Posted 10/3/12 , edited 10/3/12
nvm
65113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/3/12 , edited 10/3/12

jree78 wrote: They need 5 more boxes not 3.

Yeah, 5. Doesn't change the point, of course ~ they've added 5 more after this point in a season a number of times, so assuming they won't get there based on the boxes up at this point in time is premature.

I remember reading a complaint about "why did you 'pick' THIS series when THESE series are out there", and of the four "better" series that they listed as proof that Crunchyroll was not "picking" the "good shows", Crunchyroll has now announced two and is likely to announce a third.

So guessing what is going to happen based on incomplete information is a bit silly, when by next week Monday we'll actually know ~ and we'll have far more information whether it was some other licensor picking up the streams or some production committees still being reluctant to license simulcast streams.


RyanSaotome wrote: Given the daytime timeslot and the fact its a popular battle shonen, I'd say a year at minimum. Maybe more. I feel it could be the next Fairy Tail for A-1.

Its taking over a time slot from Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, which was Fall 2011 to Summer 2012. So a minimum half year, planned full year run would be reasonable. With 13 volumes out by July 2012, they ought to have the material for a year.
38198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Montclair
Offline
Posted 10/3/12

llamaben wrote:


RyanSaotome wrote:



Given the daytime timeslot and the fact its a popular battle shonen, I'd say a year at minimum. Maybe more. I feel it could be the next Fairy Tail for A-1.

Given the timeslot Magi is definitely not a continuous series - with the announced "end point" it's most likely 26 eps, though 3-cour is possible. Gyrozetter is A-1's potentially long running series.

The new fall titles thread also confirms that it's from Aniplex USA, as expected. The thread also implies that SAO is Aniplex USA (I know it's obvious, but has it actually been announced yet?)


If it's from Aniplex USA, it's kind of odd since they said the license was up in the air when they were asked about in on Saturday. Suppose it's possible they haven't actually decided to pick it up in full though. Since it could potential be 3-4 cours I guess it would be a bit of a gamble to do so.
17750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/3/12

Ninjahare wrote:

llamaben wrote:
The new fall titles thread also confirms that it's from Aniplex USA, as expected. The thread also implies that SAO is Aniplex USA (I know it's obvious, but has it actually been announced yet?)

If it's from Aniplex USA, it's kind of odd since they said the license was up in the air when they were asked about in on Saturday. Suppose it's possible they haven't actually decided to pick it up in full though. Since it could potential be 3-4 cours I guess it would be a bit of a gamble to do so.

Besides the language in the CR news forum post, Magi now has a page on Hulu (along with SAO). Streaming on both Hulu and CR seems to be the pattern for Aniplex USA shows.
34515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 10/3/12 , edited 10/3/12

hatguy12 wrote:


Ninjahare wrote:

llamaben wrote:
The new fall titles thread also confirms that it's from Aniplex USA, as expected. The thread also implies that SAO is Aniplex USA (I know it's obvious, but has it actually been announced yet?)

If it's from Aniplex USA, it's kind of odd since they said the license was up in the air when they were asked about in on Saturday. Suppose it's possible they haven't actually decided to pick it up in full though. Since it could potential be 3-4 cours I guess it would be a bit of a gamble to do so.

Besides the language in the CR news forum post, Magi now has a page on Hulu (along with SAO). Streaming on both Hulu and CR seems to be the pattern for Aniplex USA shows.


I think a lot of us already thought that Sword Art Online was Aniplex USA's. I wonder if they'll announce that at NYAF/NYCC as their new big license acquisition. Also interesting that Aniplex USA apparently will have two Fall shows(Magi and Blast of Tempest).

I was really looking forward to seeing Magi and glad that Crunchyroll got it.

EDIT: Next one is Girls Und Panzer

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/10/03-1/crunchyroll-adds-girls-und-panzer-anime-to-fall-lineup


Girls und Panzer (check the link for more soon) will be available in the following territories: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, and South Africa.

70370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/3/12 , edited 10/3/12
Dammit, another delayed series.
20496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/3/12
Thanks for the focus on the UK, most appreciated :)

Do we think this is it for CR?
362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 10/3/12 , edited 10/3/12
Maybe CR is trying to make something to watch on Wednesday, the new titles airing in Wednesday in this season are only Jormungand: Perfect Order and Initial D Fifth Stage. Though I also hope they aren't delaycast.

Only 2 boxes left in the lineup page, I wonder if CR going to add more at this point..
jree78 
56676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/3/12
One of the boxes is obviously Medaka Box Abnormals, the other one is a mystery if Aniplex gets another show it could be Robotics;Notes which would be interesting.
First  Prev  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.