First  Prev  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  Next  Last
Fall 2012 anime
24594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Decent addition.

Hoping tomorrow isn't Suki-tte Ii na yo (seems like a very soppy shojo story), and then it's A.N. Other
53311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Not the one I wished for but it looks interesting so I will give it a chance for sure. Wednesday has turned into a good day for anime here.
74431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Mediafactory simulcasts seem to be getting later and later... First they were on half a day delay, then 1 and a half days, and now 2...
69868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/12 , edited 10/10/12

AsuraCryin wrote:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/10/10-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-the-pet-girl-of-sakurasou-anime

-Broadcasting every Wednesday starting 10/10 at 12 P.M. Pacific Time (3 P.M. EDT)
-Available in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

More disappointment for Latin America. They only get two more bites at the cherry, plus any series that may be hung up in negotiation and don't have a box.

And the Nordic countries drop down to 67%, but they may have a better chance for one or both of the remaining licenses, since they are not likely to be Sentai sublicenses.


llamaben wrote: Mediafactory simulcasts seem to be getting later and later... First they were on half a day delay, then 1 and a half days, and now 2...

It certainly could be the production timetable of the animation production studio, with the animation production studio requesting, as one example, a later delivery of material for subtitling, or the contractor that puts the episodes on the master tapes requesting a later date for delivery of the copy of the master tape to Crunchyroll.

But don't neglect the possibility that they are simulcasting against a later broadcast in the broadcaster pool. That would give a quite haphazard pattern of delay, which wouldn't have anything to do with the main animation studio production pipeline.
The Wise Wizard
79589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
Updates to initial post:

Added information on Crunchyroll simulcast of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo).


It should be noted Funimation posted the first two episodes of Kamisama Kiss (Kami-sama Hajimemashita), so it will only be delayed 2 days from the first broadcast going forward, not 9.
74431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/12

agila61 wrote:


llamaben wrote: Mediafactory simulcasts seem to be getting later and later... First they were on half a day delay, then 1 and a half days, and now 2...

It certainly could be the production timetable of the animation production studio, with the animation production studio requesting, as one example, a later delivery of material for subtitling, or the contractor that puts the episodes on the master tapes requesting a later date for delivery of the copy of the master tape to Crunchyroll.

But don't neglect the possibility that they are simulcasting against a later broadcast in the broadcaster pool. That would give a quite haphazard pattern of delay, which wouldn't have anything to do with the main animation studio production pipeline.

None of the delays in any Mediafactory simulcasts on Crunchyroll match up to any secondary airing stations (except for Queen's Blade Rebellion, which I was accounting for - it was half a day after the secondary station's broadcast).

As this is the first one that's on a 2 day delay, I won't discount the possibility that this is a one off case at the request of another party. However for their other CR simulcasts (Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Medaka Box, Queen's Blade Rebellion, Nakaimo and Medaka Box Abnormal) it is obvious that this .5/1.5 day delay is a Mediafactory policy that's being forced into the contracts.
69868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/12

llamaben wrote: As this is the first one that's on a 2 day delay, I won't discount the possibility that this is a one off case at the request of another party. However for their other CR simulcasts (Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Medaka Box, Queen's Blade Rebellion, Nakaimo and Medaka Box Abnormal) it is obvious that this .5/1.5 day delay is a Mediafactory policy that's being forced into the contracts.

Looking at the timing of the broadcasts ~ a little later after midnight the same evening in Osaka and Kanagawa, the 12th in Nagoya and the 13th on subscription satellite BS-11, it seems it could well be materials delivery.

That is, a premier simulcast would need the copy of the master tape to be available a day or two early, especially if the master tape has to be air freighted.

If Mediafactory doesn't want to commit to a copy of the master tape being available earlier than the television stations need it, that could easily be the afternoon of the 8th, Tokyo time, especially since Osaka (2:20 am broadcast, 1:50 after the premier broadcast) is only a few hours package express away on the bullet train. If Yamaguchi or Hokkaido were in the broadcast pool with an early enough broadcast, they might have to have the master tape available earlier.

And, obviously, if a particular station insisted on a schedule with more leeway, they'd probably accommodate them, while Crunchyroll is not in a position to make any such demands.

(The first reaction is "digital delivery would fix that", but if the source of the materials sets a digital materials delivery that is the day after they deliver material for copying onto the master tapes for the TV stations, you'd be no better off. At least you can be confident they will get the materials available to be recorded onto a master tape in time for TV broadcast)
22480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Pa, USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
And so the drama begins with Funi. Code : Breaker was supposed to be released at 10 am cst and is still unavailable on the roku app, hulu, or the android app and when I try and watch it on the site I get the error "stream not available". They do have Kamisama Kiss up on the site and the app but the kicker is that had a later air date listed on the site. I'm hoping this isn't a sign as to what is going to happen from here on out.
1081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/12 , edited 10/10/12
Hope CR will stream Seitokai no Ichizon S2.
53311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/10/12

paganchick wrote:

And so the drama begins with Funi. Code : Breaker was supposed to be released at 10 am cst and is still unavailable on the roku app, hulu, or the android app and when I try and watch it on the site I get the error "stream not available". They do have Kamisama Kiss up on the site and the app but the kicker is that had a later air date listed on the site. I'm hoping this isn't a sign as to what is going to happen from here on out.


I can't anything to work on funi. They have brought in a programmer so says the webmistress in the tech support forums. Funi sucks. Wish Crunchyroll had got all those shows.
57114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.K.C.
Offline
Posted 10/10/12


Avenz255 wrote:

I'm not asking CR to go under (in the red) in acquiring popular shows, because either way the popular shows are gonna be licensed for DVDs/BDs. For example, CR acquired SAO for streaming but Aniplex will have the exclusive right to produce the DVDs/BDs. Even if KyoAni created a crappy (like 3/10) show, it will get released in DVDs/BDs because of the "KyoAni" name alone.



seanohara wrote:

That's exactly why it'd be a mistake for Crunchy to try and outbid FUNI on top tier shows -- I'd much rather they spend money on stuff like Hanasaku Iroha and Chihayafuru which may never be released in the US otherwise (in some cases, may not even get fansubbed) than to blow money on shows that will be released one way or another.


I think every recent anime show (since mid 2000, min 12 episodes) has been fansubbed or with CR/Funi/TAN/etc. CR has the advantage over other streaming content providers for other media devices like PS3, Android/Apple/Windows/other internet devices along with 720/1080 HD streaming which is the main reason I bought my yearly membership.
CR has so much potential (their design/layout/interface + HD stream and ability to watch anime with any screen) but not able to achieve better than average programs. I would want quality programming to go with the HD streaming. For example, no point in watching Ixon Sego in 1080p, I consider that as a filler for lack of content this season.
Baax 
27440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 10/10/12 , edited 10/10/12

hpulley wrote:
I can't anything to work on funi. They have brought in a programmer so says the webmistress in the tech support forums. Funi sucks. Wish Crunchyroll had got all those shows.


I was poking at the site last night and saw a play button (which I haven't seen for a month) and some new error messages, so someone's been doing something in there. Sill no videos, though...

The Wise Wizard
79589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/10/12 , edited 10/10/12

paganchick wrote:

And so the drama begins with Funi. Code : Breaker was supposed to be released at 10 am cst and is still unavailable on the roku app, hulu, or the android app and when I try and watch it on the site I get the error "stream not available".

Try refreshing the screen. On the first attempt, I got an ad (for "X Factor"), and then the same error message. After refreshing the screen, I got another ad (for Disney Channel programming) and the episode started and played in Chrome with no problem.

I tried it in Firefox and got the same exact result (and the same ads for the first and second attempt as under Chrome); the "stream not available" error the first time, and the video playing fine after the refresh.

Frankly, it makes me wonder if the problem might actually be with the "X Factor" ad, and not the video itself.

37388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/12

Avenz255 wrote:

I think every recent anime show (since mid 2000, min 12 episodes) has been fansubbed or with CR/Funi/TAN/etc. CR has the advantage over other streaming content providers for other media devices like PS3, Android/Apple/Windows/other internet devices along with 720/1080 HD streaming which is the main reason I bought my yearly membership.
CR has so much potential (their design/layout/interface + HD stream and ability to watch anime with any screen) but not able to achieve better than average programs. I would want quality programming to go with the HD streaming. For example, no point in watching Ixon Sego in 1080p, I consider that as a filler for lack of content this season.


There's still stuff that doesn't get translated -- Gyrozetter's been out of a week without anyone subbing it, and I doubt anyone will pick up Nanafa or Aikatsu if CR doesn't do it; last season Joshiraku only got subbed because one guy in the entire fansub community was interested, and the group doing Gakkatsu gave up after ten episodes.

And you know, people do have different tastes. Let's say CR could've acquired PsychoPass if they hadn't spent money on Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun -- well, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is my second favorite series so far this season. I'd much rather have both shows legally available, even if they are split between two different services, than to only get one streaming.
34486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
So, uh... Anime On Demand have put the first episode of To Love-Ru Darkness up, but not the first episode of Magi...
First  Prev  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.