Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Most Underrated Anime in Existence?
24929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jackson, MS
Offline
Posted 1/13/13
Symphogear. I series that I loved and thought didn't get the attention it deserves.

13159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/13/13 , edited 1/13/13
Chobits ~ although manga was soo much better

32310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Central Texas
Offline
Posted 1/13/13

mipegg wrote:

I think maybe... X/1999 (the series not the film)


I was going to say this, although I like the movie as well.
mipegg 
16320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/13/13

psychotron81 wrote:


mipegg wrote:

I think maybe... X/1999 (the series not the film)


I was going to say this, although I like the movie as well.


The move is decent.,. if you've seen the series. Its alot like rebuild of eva, good in itself but great with the series.
10153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/13/13 , edited 1/13/13

YokuramaTalks wrote:

Daily Lives of High School Boys is definitely the most underrated anime of this year since many people completely looked pasted when I thought it was one of the most funny anime I've ever seen.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11843/Danshi_Koukousei_no_Nichijou


Daily Lives of High School Boys is probably the funniest anime I've seen! Definitely underrated.
32310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Central Texas
Offline
Posted 1/13/13

mipegg wrote:


psychotron81 wrote:


mipegg wrote:

I think maybe... X/1999 (the series not the film)


I was going to say this, although I like the movie as well.


The move is decent.,. if you've seen the series. Its alot like rebuild of eva, good in itself but great with the series.


I actually saw the movie first which left me mostly confused with the lack explanation for what all is going on but that was part of what I liked about it. I have only seen a few scattered volumes of the series but I just bought the whole thing plus the movie yesterday and I am waiting eagerly for it to get here. Is was only like $20 at RightStuf so why not?

Btw what is this eva you speak of? I might like that too.
mipegg 
16320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/13/13

psychotron81 wrote:


mipegg wrote:


psychotron81 wrote:


mipegg wrote:

I think maybe... X/1999 (the series not the film)


I was going to say this, although I like the movie as well.


The move is decent.,. if you've seen the series. Its alot like rebuild of eva, good in itself but great with the series.


I actually saw the movie first which left me mostly confused with the lack explanation for what all is going on but that was part of what I liked about it. I have only seen a few scattered volumes of the series but I just bought the whole thing plus the movie yesterday and I am waiting eagerly for it to get here. Is was only like $20 at RightStuf so why not?

Btw what is this eva you speak of? I might like that too.


Evangelion, its... a love or hate thing really
380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/13 , edited 1/13/13
Under-rated should means a series that's very good but doesn't have the exposure, popularity and/or selling very well. Not just your favorite series.

Looking through the thread, these series are definitely NOT under-rated. They have had high exposure, were popular and sold very well.

Bakemonogatari
12 Kingdom
Baccano
Higurashi
Steins;Gate
Time of Eve
Nana
Angel Beats
Clannad
The World God Only Knows
Gungrave
Usagi Drop
Elfen Lied
Aria the Animation
Honey and Clover
Great Teacher Onizuka
Samurai Champloo
Haibane Renmei
Hanasaku Iroha
Soul Eater
Black Lagoon
Prince of Tennis
Sket Dance
Full Metal Panic
Desert Punk
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Canaan
Solty Rei
Basquash
Kemono no Souja Erin
Sketchbook - full colors
Seitokai no Ichizon
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Kanon
Serial Experiments Lain
Ergo Proxy
Paranoia Agent
Paprika
Ah! My Goddess
[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Fullmetal Alchemist
Claymore
Wolfs Rain
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
Chihayafuru
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad
Welcome to the N.H.K.
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Deadman Wonderlan
Gintama

How can any of the above be consider under-rated if they did extremely well, especially in Japan. Try picking something that you think is really good but is not widely viewed and do not have the sales to support it
10611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/13/13
Comedy: Gintama, Level E, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Fantasy: Magi

can't think of anything else atm
42289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/13/13 , edited 1/13/13

Waterst1 wrote:

Under-rated should means a series that's very good but doesn't have the exposure, popularity and/or selling very well. Not just your favorite series.

Looking through the thread, these series are definitely NOT under-rated. They have had high exposure, were popular and sold very well.



How can any of the above be consider under-rated if they did extremely well, especially in Japan. Try picking something that you think is really good but is not widely viewed and do not have the sales to support it


Birdy the Mighty: Decode didn't do so well in Japan, nor did Deadman Wonderland or The World God Only Knows. What about The Skullman? Ever heard of that show? It's pretty good and is probably not as widely viewed as most. There's also RideBack, Denpa teki na Kanojo, Gasaraki, and Texhnolyze. What I think everyone really means is not so much under-rated, but as over-looked.


josaius wrote:

Comedy: Gintama, Level E, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Fantasy: Magi

can't think of anything else atm


I'm pretty sure those are all highly rated, I know Gintama definitely is.



13945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sembach AFB, Germany
Offline
Posted 1/13/13

keroro103 wrote:

Chobits ~ although manga was soo much better



manga in general is always better than anime. the reason behind this is because there are things you can show in a manga chapter that you cant show on a television series
Posted 1/13/13

Djinn16 wrote:

that means no Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, One Piece, etc.


Personally for me it'd have to be Eureka 7. Loved that anime!
13550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 1/14/13

josaius wrote:

Comedy: Gintama, Level E, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Fantasy: Magi

can't think of anything else atm


They ain't under-rated.
10611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/14/13 , edited 1/14/13
well, i just kinda went along with previous posts. given this other definition, i'd say Humanity has Declined, Tari Tari, Natsume Yuujinchou, Hyouka, and Hanasaku Iroha. of course, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.
42289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/14/13 , edited 1/14/13

mipegg wrote:


psychotron81 wrote:


mipegg wrote:


psychotron81 wrote:


mipegg wrote:

I think maybe... X/1999 (the series not the film)


I was going to say this, although I like the movie as well.


The move is decent.,. if you've seen the series. Its alot like rebuild of eva, good in itself but great with the series.


I actually saw the movie first which left me mostly confused with the lack explanation for what all is going on but that was part of what I liked about it. I have only seen a few scattered volumes of the series but I just bought the whole thing plus the movie yesterday and I am waiting eagerly for it to get here. Is was only like $20 at RightStuf so why not?

Btw what is this eva you speak of? I might like that too.


Evangelion, its... a love or hate thing really


Yes, it's more or less a love or hate thing with Eva. The Rebuild of Evangelion movies are basically reboots of the original TV Series, Neon Genesis Evangelion. There are four movies planned and so far three have been released with the latest one being November 17, 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_2jxwRC6sk ~ Rebuild of Evangelion 1: You Are (Not) Alone Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAneKiXKh9E ~ Rebuild of Evangelion 2: You Can (Not) Advance Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4RxD56JIPY ~ Rebuild of Evangelion 3: You Can (Not) Redo Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3cXnssH88 ~ Fanmade Compilation Trailer

I'm pretty sure you can find the full versions of 1 & 2 on Youtube somewhere. As for 3, camprips or you'll just have to wait till it's released on DVD/Blu-ray.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.