First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Eye Contact
71193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 3/3/13
I noticed while on interviews if you use direct eye contact with an employer usually they will turn away. Most aren't used to people giving direct eye contact for the entire interview.
8371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/3/13
maybe... but it might depend on who we are talking with.
8371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/3/13
Indeed :))
2423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / The land down under
Offline
Posted 3/3/13
I don't like it if the other person looks at the features of my face as I am talking. I mean really, my mom and friends do it even though I have nothing on my face.
For me, I like to keep eye contact as much as possible and its really important to do so during job interviews apparently. Of course when I am thinking of something during the conversation I'll stare off in another direction.
29156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Oregon
Offline
Posted 3/3/13
I find it difficult, so I'll usually look at or around somewhere else on the face, or keep it to short bursts. Most contact is uncomfortable either way, though I find it more difficult to deal with people when I've just woken up until I'm at 100%.
22960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 3D world
Offline
Posted 3/3/13
Eye contact is important during interviews as it shows you arent shy. If you really don't like to make eye contact then look at their nose, its close enough to the eyes that it would look the same
Posted 3/3/13
I'm not shy on eye contact but for some reason when I look someone in the eyes I feel like I'm peering into their soul. Not even joking. it just feels personal for some reason.
22584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/4/13
I'm terrible at eye contact, but most people can't tell the difference if you look at the bridge of their nose instead. If there's a lot of background noise, then I'll look at their mouth when they're talking so that I can understand them better.
4961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/4/13

chase6565 wrote:

I'm not shy on eye contact but for some reason when I look someone in the eyes I feel like I'm peering into their soul. Not even joking. it just feels personal for some reason.


Sometimes I feel like that too, especially if they're staring at me and our eyes meet....if I think they're attractive....makes me want a male harem.



JOKING!!!!
18457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pinellas Park, FL
Offline
Posted 3/4/13
Sexiest and most under appreciated thing in the world.
Posted 3/5/13
Depending on who i make contact with : 3

if its a guy i would like be , " Sup and nods "

and if its a girl ? err.. can't imagine what i will do . get nervous and look away .
27001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your mind
Offline
Posted 3/5/13
I always maintain eye contact when having a discussion with someone, you can tell a lot from watching a person's eyes as they speak. It is not difficult for me though I was raised to maintain eye contact as a sign of respect for the person speaking to me. I am so used to it now I'll lock eyes with someone who could be yelling right in my face and I won't even blink.
27605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / In My imagination.
Offline
Posted 3/5/13 , edited 3/5/13
Its not difficult but if im having a conv with someone somehow I'd look at their lips.. i dont know why i just do and its just awkward because while i'm looking i'm thinking "is he/she thinking that i want to kiss them?" then "oh right, the eyes choi, the eyes" lol
9998 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/5/13

choieraebin wrote:

Its not difficult but if im having a conv with someone somehow I'd look at their lips.. i dont know why i just do and its just awkward because while i'm looking i'm thinking "is he/she thinking that i want to kiss them?" then "oh right, the eyes choi, the eyes" lol


Lol. That's happened to me before. But I am good at looking straight at their eyes.
27605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / In My imagination.
Offline
Posted 3/5/13

mojojooo wrote:


choieraebin wrote:

Its not difficult but if im having a conv with someone somehow I'd look at their lips.. i dont know why i just do and its just awkward because while i'm looking i'm thinking "is he/she thinking that i want to kiss them?" then "oh right, the eyes choi, the eyes" lol


Lol. That's happened to me before. But I am good at looking straight at their eyes.


Why would we look straight into their eyes when physically their lips are moving? lol its like a distraction or something.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.