Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Americans Portrayed In Anime
944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
I think Cowboy Bebop is probably the only anime that is somewhat realistic in their representation of "Americans" (even though there isn't really a USA on that show).
16020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Maine, USA
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
I've noticed that they always seem to have their eyelashes portrayed very differently.
Mazzzz 
9178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
When I think of American sterotypes Bandit Keith from YuGiOh comes to mind. But my all time favorite american portrayal in anime has to be the baseball team in Samurai Champloo (Episode 23 i believe).
17312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Online
Posted 10/25/12
My favorite thing about American's in anime is that native English speakers are almost never hired for VO work so if you're sitting around watching subtitle anime you'll periodically see an American speaking hilariously wonky sounding English
27061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Arizona
Online
Posted 10/25/12
it sounds about right, but the problem is.... they are all skinny (very few exceptions at least) in reality, most americans are fat with a few that arent...... they have the weight ratios backwards!
22139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 10/26/12
my cousin was watching some weird anime where all the main characters are "valley girls" and she thought it was a show about american highschool girls *facepalm*
413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/26/12
sometimes the "engrish" is so awesome I feel like it must be intentional. anyone else think this?
4617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Everett/Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 11/4/12

crash1187 wrote:

it sounds about right, but the problem is.... they are all skinny (very few exceptions at least) in reality, most americans are fat with a few that arent...... they have the weight ratios backwards!


It depends on the area where you live.. Arizona and most of the south in general tends to be pretty hefty.

Here in Washington a majority of people seem to be well below the "average" American weight. =P
27061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Arizona
Online
Posted 11/4/12

Saffuran wrote:


crash1187 wrote:

it sounds about right, but the problem is.... they are all skinny (very few exceptions at least) in reality, most americans are fat with a few that arent...... they have the weight ratios backwards!


It depends on the area where you live.. Arizona and most of the south in general tends to be pretty hefty.

Here in Washington a majority of people seem to be well below the "average" American weight. =P


most of the people around me are skinny or at least not too far over weight, but then again I live in tempe so its basically a college town. but even outside of it a fairly large amount arent that over weight. texas tho.... o dear god, i thought they were all gonna try to eat me
4617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Everett/Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 11/4/12 , edited 11/4/12

crash1187 wrote:


Saffuran wrote:


crash1187 wrote:

it sounds about right, but the problem is.... they are all skinny (very few exceptions at least) in reality, most americans are fat with a few that arent...... they have the weight ratios backwards!


It depends on the area where you live.. Arizona and most of the south in general tends to be pretty hefty.

Here in Washington a majority of people seem to be well below the "average" American weight. =P


most of the people around me are skinny or at least not too far over weight, but then again I live in tempe so its basically a college town. but even outside of it a fairly large amount arent that over weight. texas tho.... o dear god, i thought they were all gonna try to eat me


You guys did have Heart Attack Grill though. :3

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/
11583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 11/7/12 , edited 11/7/12
This is how Americans sound like to Japanese lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcs2m3H-3Y0
12232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/7/12
They are right though, I mean look at the way we portray them in comedy and such, it's partially true. What they are saying is traditionally Americans, or people on this side of the world change boyfriends/girlfriend almost as much as they change their underwear. We don't have the same concepts of honor, tradition, or marriage. The Japanese work very hard no matter what it is they do, this side of the world, we all want it easy and handed to us. Instant gratification.
42201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 11/7/12

KillerZEK87 wrote:

This is how Americans sound like to Japanese lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcs2m3H-3Y0


what Hagimura says: FAHK YUH!! MUTHAH FUHKA!!

what Tsuda hears: pera pera perapeara perarichou perarinco!

Top Comment Win. I love Seitokai Yakuindomo. Funny show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyMAumtgt8 This is great too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x39Jp-z61M Also this. This is the best example.
11583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 11/7/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


KillerZEK87 wrote:

This is how Americans sound like to Japanese lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcs2m3H-3Y0


what Hagimura says: FAHK YUH!! MUTHAH FUHKA!!

what Tsuda hears: pera pera perapeara perarichou perarinco!

Top Comment Win. I love Seitokai Yakuindomo. Funny show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyMAumtgt8 This is great too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x39Jp-z61M Also this. This is the best example.


First time I ever saw that show I was like "WHAT IS THIS?!?!"

Nice videos, very intimidating shouting hamburger and hotdog lol.
15475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 11/7/12 , edited 11/7/12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5p1_hR2Ws


Revy which isn't really that bad english but for a character that is supposed to be american that is horrible
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.