First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
56505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 8/15/12 , edited 8/22/12

observantzani wrote:

I'm curious as to why Shimao hasn't revealed that it's him in Hazuki's body.... Is there some kind of rule for body possession for ghosts? I really thought they would answer it in this week's episode. Well either way, there were some powerful lines discussed in the recent episode.


For people who believe in spirits demons and angels and maybe in the Bible, it actually make sence.Each one of us has spirits and each has a will of its own. You have a choice to accept or reject the invitation.Spirits who have their own body are stronger but if weaken in the will and mind then .possessions happens .Demon possession happens that way too and not the Supernatural way ok.

And there are people who more intune with the spirits, believe me my sister in one of them but it can be a gift or a curse and it doesnt happen all the time.

I know not everyone believe in such things because seeing is believing but I know that the wandering spirits do exist , I had my share of true ghost story ok.

So for me this body possession thing in this anime is believabl
e
50480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/16/12
Now we know...
50401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / PA
Offline
Posted 8/16/12
Good episode, terrible hats return.
21902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 8/18/12
Is it me? or is this show getting messed up? Talk about playing with someone s emotions... Shimao needs to let Rokka move on AND now he is confusing her too! This show is getting goooood. That's some drama right there.
141708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/21/12
I finally started this series today. Great episode and start first of all and loved the OP/ED song.

Within first 5 minutes, there's already drama with supernatural elements into it. Anyways, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and Noitamina once again lives up to its name.

Challenge declared:

16098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/22/12
I really like this one too. Looking forward to the nest episode.
141708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/23/12
Definitely a bit confused about episode 8 with the message:



Anyways, it looks like Hazuki-kun wants to be with the manager still but without complications from the ghost husband of Rokka. It also seems that Rokka still loves her husband. Might re-watch this episode to get a better understanding again.
61187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 8/23/12

stark700 wrote:

Definitely a bit confused about episode 8 with the message:




Yeah, I'm not sure about the symbolism with that one. I liked how the "red thread of fate" was introduced in the episode. Shimao is such a thread blocker. ;)

With only 3 episodes left, it looks like we are heading towards the major confrontation. I think Rokka knows what's going on, but doesn't want to believe it is true.
50401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / PA
Offline
Posted 8/23/12
I think Rokka figured it out as well. This episode has me starting to dislike Shimao, he's just being selfish now.
61707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/25/12

stark700 wrote:

Definitely a bit confused about episode 8 with the message:



Anyways, it looks like Hazuki-kun wants to be with the manager still but without complications from the ghost husband of Rokka. It also seems that Rokka still loves her husband. Might re-watch this episode to get a better understanding again.


How I understood it was, in layman's translation: "If I die, will you still remember me?". I think the bones metaphor has something to do with Shimao's eccentricity. It definitely is memorable to recall a weird statement like that if ever. Also bones symbolizes the remnants of a living body, which we can assume is what's left of Shimao living in Rokka's heart.

As for your statement on Hazuki, it's natural that he doesn't want the complications. No one wants to entangled with someone so held up in the past. This is why Rokka x Hazuki's relationship is quite reminiscient of that Yano x Nana in Bokura Ga Ita. Well maybe that's just me.

Episode 8 is more of a stepping up for Hazuki. For him to truly be Rokka's side, he must reclaim his body and rightful role as the main character.
141708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/25/12 , edited 8/25/12

observantzani wrote:

How I understood it was, in layman's translation: "If I die, will you still remember me?". I think the bones metaphor has something to do with Shimao's eccentricity. It definitely is memorable to recall a weird statement like that if ever. Also bones symbolizes the remnants of a living body, which we can assume is what's left of Shimao living in Rokka's heart.

As for your statement on Hazuki, it's natural that he doesn't want the complications. No one wants to entangled with someone so held up in the past. This is why Rokka x Hazuki's relationship is quite reminiscient of that Yano x Nana in Bokura Ga Ita. Well maybe that's just me.

Episode 8 is more of a stepping up for Hazuki. For him to truly be Rokka's side, he must reclaim his body and rightful role as the main character.


I can agree with the first part of what you're saying as the bones does seem to symbolize a bit of a metaphoric symbol. Bones is the remnants of a human's body once an individual passes away, it's what's being left behind hence being a part of Shimao that Rokka can still hold on to as well as remember.

I don't remember much from Bokura Ga Ita as I've watched the series a long time ago but it definitely has connections. There's also a manga I can relate to this in a way but also in different form.

I think that all of the main characters are going through emotional and confused pain right now. I was hoping Hazuki x Rokka's relationship would progress a bit as I assumed he would get his body back this episode but it turned out to be otherwise. Originally, I thought he'd want Rokka to move on and find a new man. But in his case, it seems that parts of him still wants her to love him again.

I'm not sure what else will happen so but with 3 episodes left to air, I'm hoping for a good ending coming from the drama of these three main characters.
61187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 8/25/12

observantzani wrote:


stark700 wrote:

Definitely a bit confused about episode 8 with the message:



Anyways, it looks like Hazuki-kun wants to be with the manager still but without complications from the ghost husband of Rokka. It also seems that Rokka still loves her husband. Might re-watch this episode to get a better understanding again.


How I understood it was, in layman's translation: "If I die, will you still remember me?". I think the bones metaphor has something to do with Shimao's eccentricity. It definitely is memorable to recall a weird statement like that if ever. Also bones symbolizes the remnants of a living body, which we can assume is what's left of Shimao living in Rokka's heart.


Interesting. And that sparked a thought: It could be a play on words. A common fertilizer is... bone meal.
61707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/25/12

stark700 wrote:


observantzani wrote:

How I understood it was, in layman's translation: "If I die, will you still remember me?". I think the bones metaphor has something to do with Shimao's eccentricity. It definitely is memorable to recall a weird statement like that if ever. Also bones symbolizes the remnants of a living body, which we can assume is what's left of Shimao living in Rokka's heart.

As for your statement on Hazuki, it's natural that he doesn't want the complications. No one wants to entangled with someone so held up in the past. This is why Rokka x Hazuki's relationship is quite reminiscient of that Yano x Nana in Bokura Ga Ita. Well maybe that's just me.

Episode 8 is more of a stepping up for Hazuki. For him to truly be Rokka's side, he must reclaim his body and rightful role as the main character.


I can agree with the first part of what you're saying as the bones does seem to symbolize a bit of a metaphoric symbol. Bones is the remnants of a human's body once an individual passes away, it's what's being left behind hence being a part of Shimao that Rokka can still hold on to as well as remember.

I don't remember much from Bokura Ga Ita as I've watched the series a long time ago but it definitely has connections. There's also a manga I can relate to this in a way but also in different form.

I think that all of the main characters are going through emotional and confused pain right now. I was hoping Hazuki x Rokka's relationship would progress a bit as I assumed he would get his body back this episode but it turned out to be otherwise. Originally, I thought he'd want Rokka to move on and find a new man. But in his case, it seems that parts of him still wants her to love him again.

I'm not sure what else will happen so but with 3 episodes left to air, I'm hoping for a good ending coming from the drama of these three main characters.


I've heard of this title but since I rarely read mangas, I'm don't know how it's connected. I'll definitely watch it if becomes an anime eventually.

Anyway, it's the emotional pain and confusion which makes Natsuyuki Rendezvous good. You can't full side with one character because there's so much gray areas and complications. Your expectations would probably happen soon though. The Rokka Thumbelina in Hazuki's "dream" world did mention that a part of Shimao wants to her to find a new man. Shimao just needs closure, which I suspect will be given to him in the next episode.

I'm also hoping for a great ending. But it's quite tricky to be able to do so. If they are able to deliver it well, this anime will seal its spot as the best for Summer 2012.
61707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
I've always wondered why Natsuyuki aka snow-in-summer was the flower used in the title. I'm pretty sure it has a huge significance considering it was the seeds that Shimao left behind for Rokka. So I decided to search the flower meaning but ultimately failed. Although I found an interesting line from this site. Snow In Summer is common in rock gardens, and as a ground cover. Many people also use it as border edgings, or along sidewalks. Because it can be invasive, you may have to control the spread of this plant, if you grow it in your flower garden along with other flowers. Shimao is that very Natsuyki. He needs to be controlled so the other flowers may grow, which is referring to Hazuki.

Hahahaha, or maybe I'm just reading into the meanngs a little too much. But I would love to hear your opinions on this!
61187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 8/26/12
Doesn't sound bad to me. Thanks for looking that up.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.