First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Marrying your Best Friend
Posted 7/27/12 , edited 7/27/12
Do you ever think you would marry your best friend someday? Or even fall in love with them? Do you know anyone who did?

- Personally, I had experience dating my best friend of 15/16 years. Problem was that he actually did love me, but I didn't love him romantically. It ended so badly that we haven't spoken to each other in over a year, and avoid each other at all costs. So yes, it really bites because I really miss him a lot...

I guess though, that it would be wonderful to marry your best friend since that person really "understands" you. If I loved them I would.
61368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
Marry your best friend after falling in love with them ..... YOU DIDN"T EVEN LOOK DID YOU, YOU LAZY PRICK. over 7 billion people on this planet and you fall in love with the person you have always been around your whole life.... that's what i would say if I heard someone say that to me.
4475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
Hmm, I think that marrying ons best friend would be tough. A lot of obstacles, but personally, I would love to marry someone who knows me well and understands me. So why not?
I do, they've been dating for 3 years now and going strong. (childhood best friends at that too.)
4761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
Sure, if both parties were interested that would be fantastic.
21154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
Marrying your best friend...

I think that's awesome.

I would ask my best female friend out...But like that MTV show "Friendzone", I wouldn't want to be the guy that gets rejected and told "I just want to be friends."

Owww...I would be emotionally destroyed, for a while anyways.
Posted 7/27/12
It's illegal.
12241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F / Tampa Bay, Fl
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
I think the person you end up marrying should be your best friend. You have to build a relationship on trust and admiration first, which is often how you feel about your best friend.
57179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/12

Kyoko_Sensei wrote:

I think the person you end up marrying should be your best friend. You have to build a relationship on trust and admiration first, which is often how you feel about your best friend.


Good luck with that... More likely that we'll all end up "sleeping with the enemy."
Posted 7/27/12

NothingLikeYou wrote:


Good luck with that... More likely that we'll all end up "sleeping with the enemy."


Not you, cause you're alone!
57179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
I haven't been alone in ages...but I'm sure you are.
Posted 7/27/12

NothingLikeYou wrote:

I haven't been alone in ages...but I'm sure you are.


Oh, denial.~
Posted 7/27/12

a619ko wrote:

Marrying your best friend...

I think that's awesome.

I would ask my best female friend out...But like that MTV show "Friendzone", I wouldn't want to be the guy that gets rejected and told "I just want to be friends."

Owww...I would be emotionally destroyed, for a while anyways.


Does that mean you like your best friend more than a "friend"?
21154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/12

magicuser360 wrote:


a619ko wrote:

Marrying your best friend...

I think that's awesome.

I would ask my best female friend out...But like that MTV show "Friendzone", I wouldn't want to be the guy that gets rejected and told "I just want to be friends."

Owww...I would be emotionally destroyed, for a while anyways.


Does that mean you like your best friend more than a "friend"?


Yes, I have feelings for her.

Deep down, I would just love to cuddle and hug with her, all day.

We've been friends since 1st grade...
Posted 7/27/12

a619ko wrote:


magicuser360 wrote:


a619ko wrote:

Marrying your best friend...

I think that's awesome.

I would ask my best female friend out...But like that MTV show "Friendzone", I wouldn't want to be the guy that gets rejected and told "I just want to be friends."

Owww...I would be emotionally destroyed, for a while anyways.


Does that mean you like your best friend more than a "friend"?


Yes, I have feelings for her.

Deep down, I would just love to cuddle and hug with her, all day.

We've been friends since 1st grade...


That's actually really sweet and touching. Personally, if your feelings continue like this, I think you should tell her how you feel. Even if you get rejected, it's still better to have them out. Then, the other person will tell you how they honestly feel, and you can move on with your life and find someone else.
21154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/12



That's actually really sweet and touching. Personally, if your feelings continue like this, I think you should tell her how you feel. Even if you get rejected, it's still better to have them out. Then, the other person will tell you how they honestly feel, and you can move on with your life and find someone else.


It's...Well...

I would totally do it, and I've told my self I'd do it...some day...
It's just, I can't deal with rejection. Specially if she rejected me or friend zoned me.
My hear would be shattered, I would be feeling terrible for days.

I know that's all negativity, I should stay positive if I'm going to do this.

What you said though, I might just do that. Tell her how I feel...If she says no, then I will just move on.
Heartbroken and feeling empty. Or happy and filled with joy...
It's all part of life. I'll move one.

Thanks for the friendly advice
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.