Post-Credit Scenes
83625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / F
Offline
Posted 7/28/12
Quite a few anime have scenes after the credits these days. If you're leaving off previews (and I can't understand why a lot of series here do that) we don't get to see them. The scene after Humanity has Declined this week is an example of this. Your viewers didn't get to see it; only the fansub downloaders did. Sometimes these scenes are just omake, but sometimes they're crucial to the plots of the series to which they belong. And even if they're just omake they're still a part of the enjoyment of the show.

Can you please make sure to include them on all series in the future? Thanks!
The Wise Wizard
99889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

sunflower33 wrote:
Can you please make sure to include them on all series in the future? Thanks!

Keep in mind CR wasn't aware of the missing material from the Humanity Has Declined episode until they were informed by a viewer; that was the way they received it.

Given that in the vast majority of these cases, CR must receive the episode before it airs in Japan to complete the subtitling in time for simulcast, how would you propose they make certain the episode is complete, aside from trusting the publisher has delivered the complete episode?

In my time at CR, this is the first such incident I can recall of missing material at the end of an episode. Certainly a number of other series have had material after the ED and it has been included.

83625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / F
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

TheAncientOne wrote:

Keep in mind CR wasn't aware of the missing material from the Humanity Has Declined episode until they were informed by a viewer; that was the way they received it.

Given that in the vast majority of these cases, CR must receive the episode before it airs in Japan to complete the subtitling in time for simulcast, how would you propose they make certain the episode is complete, aside from trusting the publisher has delivered the complete episode?

In my time at CR, this is the first such incident I can recall of missing material at the end of an episode. Certainly a number of other series have had material after the ED and it has been included.



They're obviously not receiving entire episodes for many series lately (the previews have been missing on half that I watch this past year), I would expect them to raise the issue and ask that the deliveries be complete. If bookstores get books with missing pages, they take the issue up with the publisher after consumers complain and inform them about it. They don't just trust them to do it correctly the next time.

64866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

sunflower33 wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:

Keep in mind CR wasn't aware of the missing material from the Humanity Has Declined episode until they were informed by a viewer; that was the way they received it.

Given that in the vast majority of these cases, CR must receive the episode before it airs in Japan to complete the subtitling in time for simulcast, how would you propose they make certain the episode is complete, aside from trusting the publisher has delivered the complete episode?

In my time at CR, this is the first such incident I can recall of missing material at the end of an episode. Certainly a number of other series have had material after the ED and it has been included.



They're obviously not receiving entire episodes for many series lately (the previews have been missing on half that I watch this past year), I would expect them to raise the issue and ask that the deliveries be complete. If bookstores get books with missing pages, they take the issue up with the publisher after consumers complain and inform them about it. They don't just trust them to do it correctly the next time.



I havn't noticed any missing Omakes or endings. The Jinrui episode this week was the first time I recall anyone else bringing up missing parts of the episode.

If there are so many missing parts from so many episodes how come you havn't been reporting them? Just what episodes are missing certain parts?
83625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / F
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

-Chris311- wrote:

sunflower33 wrote:
They're obviously not receiving entire episodes for many series lately (the previews have been missing on half that I watch this past year), I would expect them to raise the issue and ask that the deliveries be complete. If bookstores get books with missing pages, they take the issue up with the publisher after consumers complain and inform them about it. They don't just trust them to do it correctly the next time.


I havn't noticed any missing Omakes or endings. The Jinrui episode this week was the first time I recall anyone else bringing up missing parts of the episode.

If there are so many missing parts from so many episodes how come you havn't been reporting them? Just what episodes are missing certain parts?


As I say above, starting last year about half of the series stopped include previews of the next episodes, previews which were available with the fansubs, so obviously it's not case of them not being available: it's them not being provided to CR. I hadn't been reporting them because while I dislike not having previews I can live without them. And, when it happened with omake in the past I thought it was an aberration and did what everyone else appears to be doing, which is nothing. But today when I didn't see anyone else reporting the missing omake here I thought it was time someone did. How will CR know if no one says anything?
64866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

sunflower33 wrote:


-Chris311- wrote:

sunflower33 wrote:
They're obviously not receiving entire episodes for many series lately (the previews have been missing on half that I watch this past year), I would expect them to raise the issue and ask that the deliveries be complete. If bookstores get books with missing pages, they take the issue up with the publisher after consumers complain and inform them about it. They don't just trust them to do it correctly the next time.


I havn't noticed any missing Omakes or endings. The Jinrui episode this week was the first time I recall anyone else bringing up missing parts of the episode.

If there are so many missing parts from so many episodes how come you havn't been reporting them? Just what episodes are missing certain parts?


As I say above, starting last year about half of the series stopped include previews of the next episodes, previews which were available with the fansubs, so obviously it's not case of them not being available: it's them not being provided to CR. I hadn't been reporting them because while I dislike not having previews I can live without them. And, when it happened with omake in the past I thought it was an aberration and did what everyone else appears to be doing, which is nothing. But today when I didn't see anyone else reporting the missing omake here I thought it was time someone did. How will CR know if no one says anything?


All of the shows I have been watching (Which includes almost all simulcasts this year) I have not noticed any episode missing a preview that should have had one.


Its better if the episodes that are missing parts can be reported as if there are a large number of episodes without previews that should be present then it may be a much larger problem.

Can you give just one example so that I, and the CR staff, can better understand what it is that you are referring too? Getting the problem sorted out sooner rather than later would be the best thing to do.
The Wise Wizard
99889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

sunflower33 wrote:
But today when I didn't see anyone else reporting the missing omake here I thought it was time someone did. How will CR know if no one says anything?

I take it you didn't click on the link in my response to you. Not only was it already reported, but action is already in process.

Here is the thread that contains the message I linked to:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-770559/part-of-humanity-has-declined-ep-4-missing

83625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / F
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


sunflower33 wrote:
But today when I didn't see anyone else reporting the missing omake here I thought it was time someone did. How will CR know if no one says anything?

I take it you didn't click on the link in my response to you. Not only was it already reported, but action is already in process.

Here is the thread that contains the message I linked to:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-770559/part-of-humanity-has-declined-ep-4-missing




I didn't realize the brown color denoted a link. I don't use this forum and had no idea. I had run a couple of searches to check and they came back with no results. Since this is already being addressed, my post is irrelevant and I consider the matter to be closed. Thank you, and thanks to CR for responding promptly.

You must be logged in to post.