First  Prev  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  Next  Last
PlayStation 3
54753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 1/11/13

Bjaker wrote:



*whispers*
Chris... can you put that in Bjaker speak for me?
What is the -exact- problem and what needs to be done?


How about a visual aid?

In the attached screencap is what the queue looks like after someone has finished watching episode 12 of the first season.


Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/11/13 , edited 1/11/13




God bless!
Poking the engineers about this now.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/11/13


Should be fixed now....
54753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 1/11/13 , edited 1/11/13


Bjaker wrote:



Should be fixed now.... :o


That was quick, thanks.


Masamunez wrote:

I'm having issues when I try to view later episodes of "Seitokai no Ichizon." Actually, anything beyond episode 12, like episode 0 that just came out. I have viewed the others before episode 0 came out. When it did become available, my queue jumped to episode 1 of season 2 even though I hadn't viewed the newest available episode. When I try to go in the episodes and scroll right or hit R2 to go to season 2, the screen goes black and I have to hard shut off my PS3. This only occurs with this series. Any ideas how to resolve it?


Is this problem fixed for you now?
19230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / one mile from a d...
Offline
Posted 1/11/13

beardfist wrote:

Just to clarify, is that kbps and mbps or KBps and MBps (bit or byte). Also are you on a shared connection of some sort?



I typed it as it appeared on my screen, exactly. What it all means, you'll have to check with psn.
19230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / one mile from a d...
Offline
Posted 1/11/13

Bjaker wrote:



Is there any way you can test a wired connection?


Well the router is in the garage at one end of the house and I am at the other end. In between that is a wireless router extension. And I do not have a tv in the garage, nor am I going to take one out there to check...It's winter dangit

20247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Moorhead, Minnesota
Online
Posted 1/11/13 , edited 1/12/13
So I finally figured out to set mature settings on to see shows on the PS3. Now all shows are showing, but The Pet Girl of Sakurasou absolutely REFUSES to retrieve information.

Slim, 120GB PS3 from 2012 are the stats of my PS3.

I really want to watch this show on my PS3, but it's not letting me. Well I could always use my xbox where it shows. The point is that only the PS3 version of the show has problems.

Edit: It seems to be fixed now.
4055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 1/11/13 , edited 1/12/13
I've encountered a few problems with the PS3 app, I'm using a Slim 120GB PS3 with a wired connection (cable broadband with advertised speeds of 22 Mbps down/5 up.)

Speedtest.net shows an average of 15 Mbps down/5 up testing against servers in California, I'm in Kansas. Against near by servers I get around 22 Mbps down/5 up. The ping response time is 90-100ms for California and around 30ms nearby. Jitter is 5ms anywhere.

The main issue I'm having is on all streams and it's the constant back and forth switching between 480p and 720p. When I start a stream it's a hassle to get it to switch to 720p and once it does, it'll be 720p for a few minutes, then drop to 480p for anywhere from 20-30 seconds to 1 minute, then back to 720p, and it repeats like that. This happens anytime during the day or night, not just peak hours. Pausing it for a while to let it buffer doesn't affect it. I'm watching on a 60 inch 1080p TV and the resolution switch is very apparent and distracting.

I've also encountered a few times where it will randomly rewind 5 seconds on it's own.

EDIT: I've figured out the cause of this problem and it was on my end. I have DD-WRT installed on my router and under IP Filter Settings I had the TCP Timeout setting set to 120 seconds instead of the default of 3600. Changing it back to 3600 made a drastic difference. Now the app defaults to 720p from the start and it hasn't switched to 480p at all, it's stayed constant 720p which is wonderful. That may have been cause of the random rewinds too. All is good now. /EDIT

The last issue concerns From the New World episode 14 which when played through the app has what looks like wavy interference throughout the episode and it also looks softer and has more compression noise then the previous episodes do. I think it's just a bad encode.
14029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/13

-Chris311- wrote:



Bjaker wrote:



Should be fixed now.... :o


That was quick, thanks.


Masamunez wrote:

I'm having issues when I try to view later episodes of "Seitokai no Ichizon." Actually, anything beyond episode 12, like episode 0 that just came out. I have viewed the others before episode 0 came out. When it did become available, my queue jumped to episode 1 of season 2 even though I hadn't viewed the newest available episode. When I try to go in the episodes and scroll right or hit R2 to go to season 2, the screen goes black and I have to hard shut off my PS3. This only occurs with this series. Any ideas how to resolve it?


Is this problem fixed for you now?


Yeah, it's fixed.

I have another problem.
Episode 11 of Yurumates3Dei is jumping about 20 seconds in. Since the episodes are only 3 minutes long, it skips almost 1/6 of the episode. I've tried it a few times and it keeps doing it. Can you look into it?
54753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 1/12/13 , edited 1/12/13

chronoclast wrote:

The last issue concerns From the New World episode 14 which when played through the app has what looks like wavy interference throughout the episode and it also looks softer and has more compression noise then the previous episodes do. I think it's just a bad encode.


Have you checked the video on the website to see if it does the same thing? I took a look at it on my PS3 and didn't notice any wavy interference or artifacts. The episode does look a bit soft, but when I compared it to episode 13 (I haven't started this series yet) it looks like episode 14 shows the grain filter a lot more because there are a lot more dark scenes, which may be causing the softer look. I also compared it to a fansub release and the fansub release was the sharpest, but they applied a filter to it to remove the grain. The RAW had the grain, and I prefer watching it how the anime studios made it.

EDIT: Also, thanks for updating your post with the solution you found for your first problem with the videos switching between 480p and 720p. Have you been in contact with Bjaker? This is something that may be of interest for him that he can add to his list of troubleshooting steps for other people having similar issues. If not, I can shoot him a PM to bring his attention to your post.
4055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 1/12/13

-Chris311- wrote:


chronoclast wrote:

The last issue concerns From the New World episode 14 which when played through the app has what looks like wavy interference throughout the episode and it also looks softer and has more compression noise then the previous episodes do. I think it's just a bad encode.


Have you checked the video on the website to see if it does the same thing? I took a look at it on my PS3 and didn't notice any wavy interference or artifacts. The episode does look a bit soft, but when I compared it to episode 13 (I haven't started this series yet) it looks like episode 14 shows the grain filter a lot more because there are a lot more dark scenes, which may be causing the softer look. I also compared it to a fansub release and the fansub release was the sharpest, but they applied a filter to it to remove the grain. The RAW had the grain, and I prefer watching it how the anime studios made it.

EDIT: Also, thanks for updating your post with the solution you found for your first problem with the videos switching between 480p and 720p. Have you been in contact with Bjaker? This is something that may be of interest for him that he can add to his list of troubleshooting steps for other people having similar issues. If not, I can shoot him a PM to bring his attention to your post.


I just checked the episode on the site at both 1080p and 720p at full screen and I see the wavy interference towards the left and rights edges at around the 15 minute mark for an example. In the solid areas the waves move from top to bottom.

As for the artifacts, the dark scenes is what I was referring to on that. The grain is perfectly fine, I agree with you that shouldn't be messed with, it's just the blocky compression looked a little worse than normal. That's not really a big deal though.

I haven't contacted Bjaker. You can let him know about it if you want to.
54753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 1/12/13 , edited 1/12/13


I took another look and I can see the wavy stuff as well at around the 15 minute mark, although I would have never noticed it if someone didn't point it out. I'll shoot a PM to BazouKasuma and get his opinion. He may be able to check the source file they received to see if it also produces the wavy thing.

The other artifacts you are describing I think may be banding (more noticeable in dark areas where there is a color gradient), which is caused by the type of compression CR is using and the fact that it is a lower bitrate. The same banding is present in the fansub episode I am using as a comparison that is using a much higher bit rate, but it is very subtle compared to CR's release. Banding is something I notice sometimes, but it is something I am willing to deal with if it means the episode will stream smoother due to using less bandwidth. Although, the banding on CR episodes is still not as bad as some movies I have watched on Netflix streaming, especially with Netflix's new codecs that they just recently switched to. To get rid of banding requires upping the bitrate to insane levels, and that is sadly not something that can be achieved on a streaming site until every user has super fast internet connections, which may be 20+ years from now. :(

Anyhoo, I'll send a PM to Bjaker and Bazoukazuma for ya.
25752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Honnōji Gakuen
Offline
Posted 1/12/13
New issue that came up for me today and happened twice: Currently watching season 2 of Bleach. When I'm done watching, I press the PS button and select "Quit". What happens is that the system appears to be processing the request but my PS3 will all of a sudden restart (3 or 4 beeps will be heard).

The issue where pressing Square to browse through episodes causes my PS3 to freeze/crash is still on going.
Engineer
87993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/14/13

-Chris311- wrote:



I took another look and I can see the wavy stuff as well at around the 15 minute mark, although I would have never noticed it if someone didn't point it out. I'll shoot a PM to BazouKasuma and get his opinion. He may be able to check the source file they received to see if it also produces the wavy thing.

The other artifacts you are describing I think may be banding (more noticeable in dark areas where there is a color gradient), which is caused by the type of compression CR is using and the fact that it is a lower bitrate. The same banding is present in the fansub episode I am using as a comparison that is using a much higher bit rate, but it is very subtle compared to CR's release. Banding is something I notice sometimes, but it is something I am willing to deal with if it means the episode will stream smoother due to using less bandwidth. Although, the banding on CR episodes is still not as bad as some movies I have watched on Netflix streaming, especially with Netflix's new codecs that they just recently switched to. To get rid of banding requires upping the bitrate to insane levels, and that is sadly not something that can be achieved on a streaming site until every user has super fast internet connections, which may be 20+ years from now. :(

Anyhoo, I'll send a PM to Bjaker and Bazoukazuma for ya.


The source video for From the New World episode 14 seems to have the same artifacts. We'll look into it.
9030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
Can someone please from crunchyroll dev team to look into why the crunchyroll ps3 app hard crashes my ps3 are use of the app for an hour veiwing content. After viewing content for abvout an hour and browsering within the app, it blanks my tv screen and i can hear the ps3 system error noise notification going off indicating the app crashed. After that point I am stuck on the blank screen and i can not do anything and I can't even use the ps button to bring up the xmb menu to quit out of the app.. The only way to get out from this is a hard rest on the ps3 by pressing the power button. Can someone please look into this.

my specs

ps3 slim 120GB model
ISP ATT U-verse 12mbps service
ps3 is connected via WIFI
First  Prev  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.