Remove this ad
First  Prev  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  Next  Last
PlayStation 3
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 5/15/13

Jolly_Old_Bean wrote:

When are they going to patch this buggy App? A lot of people are complaining about the same problems and i've yet to hear anything helpful, like maybe a statement how you have acknowledged these persistent problems and are actively working to fix them?

-Sometimes episodes refuse to playback? Check.

-Black screens? Check.

-The app suddenly boots you back to the PS3's XMB(Xross Media Bar) menu when you click to watch a video? Check.

-PS3 freezes and you have to do a hard reset? Check.

Standard PS3 160gb model... Netflix never crashed my PS3 before. Not even the crappy web browser crashes my PS3 as often as this app does when I'm watching videos on it, I'm just saying... time to pull out the big can of RAID CR 'cause your app has a huge bug's life problem.



Get comfy because I've been trying to light a fire under their ass for a while, I tried to be patient at first but that fades when you see no indication of actual progress being made or at least being told about to address these issues. They should get some of those Netflix engineers on the phone and ask them how to fix it seeing as I've never once had an issue with their app AND they continue to patch and upgrade it.

The kicker is using the PS3 app is a perk of being a subscriber, while I hear the Roku app works far better with less issues and can be used even if you don't subscribe.
11013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/13

tommythecat wrote:
Get comfy because I've been trying to light a fire under their ass for a while, I tried to be patient at first but that fades when you see no indication of actual progress being made or at least being told about to address these issues. They should get some of those Netflix engineers on the phone and ask them how to fix it seeing as I've never once had an issue with their app AND they continue to patch and upgrade it.

The kicker is using the PS3 app is a perk of being a subscriber, while I hear the Roku app works far better with less issues and can be used even if you don't subscribe.


This site is quick to respond to you when you accidentally post on the wrong thread and lock them down, but when it comes to responding to real issues all I hear is crickets...
10027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/15/13
the app crashes quite often. almost every time i move to the next episode. without back out to the main area and let the app reload everything. which can take 2 -5 mins. even then it can still crash sometimes. other then that and some lag when flipping through shows or episodes. its pretty good.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
33245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 5/16/13


Moderators and Staff are different.
The Mods are not paid to be here.

Just because we are silent and not responding to every post does not mean that we don't see what is going on / don't hear you.

Apologies for any inconvenience.
18701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/13
320gb PS3 with a wireless connection. Noticing the same problems as other people have stated. I may be wrong but I believe one problem is how quickly the program can buffer content. I have most often had the program crash when scrolling through longer lists of episodes. And I normally return to the queue or episode list in favor of the autoplay, due to lag and pixelation issues. Are the modem and the program buffer sufficient to handle the amount of data that is being streamed? Could the stream data be compressed or reduced better/more?
17086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/13
I'm still seeing crappy picture quality on the PS3 version. For comparison, I tried Crunchyroll on the 360, and the picture was leaps and bounds better on the 360 version. Same connection, same TV, everything. Why is it this way, especially when the app was released first on PS3?
18306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/18/13
lately when I'm browsing thru my queued videos it laggs videos get mixed up (example, the title of the anime does not match the image which also looks corrupted) then when I try watching a episode it crashes and screen goes gray and I'm forced to do a hard restart
50747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 5/19/13 , edited 5/19/13

tommythecat wrote:
They should get some of those Netflix engineers on the phone and ask them how to fix it seeing as I've never once had an issue with their app AND they continue to patch and upgrade it.



Netflix has the luxury of having 150 times the amount of paid customers, hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue per month, and billions of dollars in capital, so it is a no brainer that they can afford teams of programers to quickly fix bugs in their app. I wouldn't be surprised if CR only has one person, who they contracted, working on the PS3 app.

I know it is frustrating having to deal with problems with the app and not being able to watch your favorite shows on your TV, but it is pointless to compare Crunchyroll to Netflix. Its like comparing a high school football team to a professional NFL team.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

-Chris311- wrote:


tommythecat wrote:
They should get some of those Netflix engineers on the phone and ask them how to fix it seeing as I've never once had an issue with their app AND they continue to patch and upgrade it.



Netflix has the luxury of having 150 times the amount of paid customers, hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue per month, and billions of dollars in capital, so it is a no brainer that they can afford teams of programers to quickly fix bugs in their app. I wouldn't be surprised if CR only has one person, who they contracted, working on the PS3 app.

I know it is frustrating having to deal with problems with the app and not being able to watch your favorite shows on your TV, but it is pointless to compare Crunchyroll to Netflix. Its like comparing a high school football team to a professional NFL team.


There are plenty of other apps on PS3 that work just as well from companies with far less revenue than Netflix. My point wasn't about netflix anyway. The point I was making is that almost no other apps on the PS3 have problems this severe and we are quickly closing in on 10 months since a patch was released for the PS3 app. Whatever CR's staff situation is regarding their engineering team, 10 months is just a damn near unacceptable amount of time for problems this bad to continue to plague an app.
24160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/13
I want to put my two cents in on this conversation. I have had issues with the PS3 app since I started using it but lately is seems that it has been even worse. Laggy menus, freezing constantly during episodes, crashing the app and going to the main ps3 menu and just plain old crashing my system. It's getting out of hand to the point where I might just cancel my sub.

I really only subscribe to CR so I can watch these on my television so If they don't fix this soon I'll just go back to watching fansubs on my PC like I used to have to do. I'd rather not do that I like supporting the anime industry but with 91 pages of people with the same exact issues idk anymore. Plus that's just the people actually saying something, so maybe fixing the issues might be a good idea.

I have an original model ps3 with 80 GB HD, on wifi a connection that has no problems streaming any other stream able content.
50747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 5/19/13

tommythecat wrote:


-Chris311- wrote:


tommythecat wrote:
They should get some of those Netflix engineers on the phone and ask them how to fix it seeing as I've never once had an issue with their app AND they continue to patch and upgrade it.



Netflix has the luxury of having 150 times the amount of paid customers, hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue per month, and billions of dollars in capital, so it is a no brainer that they can afford teams of programers to quickly fix bugs in their app. I wouldn't be surprised if CR only has one person, who they contracted, working on the PS3 app.

I know it is frustrating having to deal with problems with the app and not being able to watch your favorite shows on your TV, but it is pointless to compare Crunchyroll to Netflix. Its like comparing a high school football team to a professional NFL team.


There are plenty of other apps on PS3 that work just as well from companies with far less revenue than Netflix. My point wasn't about netflix anyway. The point I was making is that almost no other apps on the PS3 have problems this severe and we are quickly closing in on 10 months since a patch was released for the PS3 app. Whatever CR's staff situation is regarding their engineering team, 10 months is just a damn near unacceptable amount of time for problems this bad to continue to plague an app.


I agree, 10 months is unacceptable, and if the PS3 was my only way to watch CR and I had a lot of problems, I would cancel my premium membership until they got it fixed. But, my point was to show you, and several other members who have said the same thing, that the Netflix comparison shows a lack of understanding on how things work and just makes those who use the comparison seem ignorant.

Two companies much closer in size to Crunchyroll that offer streaming anime are ANN and Funimation, yet neither of those even offer a PS3 app in the first place. So in this case, the CR's PS3 app that allows you to watch at all is still better than their direct competitors.

39136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Dragonshire
Offline
Posted 5/20/13 , edited 5/22/13
And on top of the terrible lag, Nyaruko -still- isn't streaming properly on the PS3.
13027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/13
I wish the app for the ps3 was as nice as the 360 version. I'm about to punt my 360 in-lieu of another ps3, as I am tired of paying for gold just to watch internet tv...
50747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 5/22/13

elizlestrad wrote:

And on top of the terrible lag and several shows missing the 720 and 1080, Nyaruko -still- isn't streaming properly on the PS3.


The PS3 app does not support 1080p, only 720p. However, if there are shows that are suppose to have 720p (they have a 720p stream on the website) but are not streaming in HD on the PS3 app you should report it to CR so that they can have an engineer look at it. You can use the 'Contact Us' link found at the bottom of every page.

What shows are not streaming in 720p so that I can take a look at it myself?
39136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Dragonshire
Offline
Posted 5/22/13
That was a slip sorry, that was an issue I've been seeing on the website.
First  Prev  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.