First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
China, Japan, Korea Grudge
4330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / HK
Offline
Posted 8/2/12


I'm not sure of this topic has been posted before.. But it doesn't seem so??



Okay, so I am Chinese and my family has always had a little grudge against Japanese and Koreans. I admit I am also affected by this Chinese preference thing, but I still love anime. (Much to my father's dismay, since he states that Koreans and the Japanese originated from China millions of years ago. Which is scientifically true.)

I also know that a few koreans (which is 60% of my school) are pretty racist towards the Japanese and even sometimes to Chinese people... stating how they're superior and stuff infront of like 20 of us...
There's no Japanese people in my school, but I must admit there is the korean group and the chinese group. We SoMeTiMeS mix, but it's very rare.


I have read on a Korean based facebook page: ( have deleted the names)

Park Tae-Hwan disqualified??

Chinese referee
July 28 at 5:21am · Like · 4

WTF fucking chinese referee
Like · 2

fuck.da.chinese.
Like · 1

it was actually a korean judge..
Like · 0

[.... I have to note here that no one insults the korean judge......Then nothing interesting until....]

this tiny little chinese ching chongs chode hole.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[They just said it was a Korean judge...]


I'm not saying that only koreans do this shyt, all 3 of these countries do it, but this was just an example I came across today.





I do note the Japan invading China thing as a horrible event, but wouldn't making amends make everything better?

We are all proud people, & I admit I prefer Chinese company, but I do no discriminate against others... not like I've seen other people do. Don't bash me, but I think Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese have more things in common with each other as compared to the rest of the world... so wouldn't everything be simpler if we're friends not on the political, traditional and cultural level, but also the local level?




It makes me wonder... Why do we have such grudges against each other. Why don't we all just be friends instead of bringing up history and comparing one another?
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12

Catz1297 wrote:



I'm not sure of this topic has been posted before.. But it doesn't seem so??



Okay, so I am Chinese and my family has always had a little grudge against Japanese and Koreans. I admit I am also affected by this Chinese preference thing, but I still love anime. (Much to my father's dismay, since he states that Koreans and the Japanese originated from China millions of years ago. Which is scientifically true.)

I also know that a few koreans (which is 60% of my school) are pretty racist towards the Japanese and even sometimes to Chinese people... stating how they're superior and stuff infront of like 20 of us...
There's no Japanese people in my school, but I must admit there is the korean group and the chinese group. We SoMeTiMeS mix, but it's very rare.


I have read on a Korean based facebook page: ( have deleted the names)

Park Tae-Hwan disqualified??

Chinese referee
July 28 at 5:21am · Like · 4

WTF fucking chinese referee
Like · 2

fuck.da.chinese.
Like · 1

it was actually a korean judge..
Like · 0

[.... I have to note here that no one insults the korean judge......Then nothing interesting until....]

this tiny little chinese ching chongs chode hole.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[They just said it was a Korean judge...]


I'm not saying that only koreans do this shyt, all 3 of these countries do it, but this was just an example I came across today.





I do note the Japan invading China thing as a horrible event, but wouldn't making amends make everything better?

We are all proud people, & I admit I prefer Chinese company, but I do no discriminate against others... not like I've seen other people do. Don't bash me, but I think Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese have more things in common with each other as compared to the rest of the world... so wouldn't everything be simpler if we're friends not on the political, traditional and cultural level, but also the local level?




It makes me wonder... Why do we have such grudges against each other. Why don't we all just be friends instead of bringing up history and comparing one another?


This reminds me of the whole China vs Taiwan debate, too. I want to ignore it because I live in the US and I think people should all get along but it's sometimes hard to just ignore differences in opinion. It's pretty much impossible to have a bunch of people that get along perfectly fine all the time.
59550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 8/2/12
I honestly don't think this is a good topic to discuss on Crunchyroll. It may cause a lot of negative conflict and feedback. Still, I know what you're getting at. You probably think it is just Asians. People are racist and always will be prejudice. Everybody is a little ethnocentric (feel their race is superior) to a certain degree. Its what we call pride, but sometimes it can go overboard. Different people have different standards on what is considered pride, and what is considered ethnocentric. I'm not a big fan of several races, but of course there are exceptions to that rule. What I'm getting at is, we will always hate on others (race) to a certain degree. It just depends on our experience, and upbringing. Your focus is too narrow. I'm assuming because you appear to go to a school with a majority of Asians (Chinese and Koreans?) that you think it is only among Asians. What you should be asking is how do you feel about other races. We all hate each other, and that is a fact.


$5 says there will be conflict if this topic starts to spread. :)
59550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 8/2/12

Watermelonheaven wrote:


Catz1297 wrote:



I'm not sure of this topic has been posted before.. But it doesn't seem so??



Okay, so I am Chinese and my family has always had a little grudge against Japanese and Koreans. I admit I am also affected by this Chinese preference thing, but I still love anime. (Much to my father's dismay, since he states that Koreans and the Japanese originated from China millions of years ago. Which is scientifically true.)

I also know that a few koreans (which is 60% of my school) are pretty racist towards the Japanese and even sometimes to Chinese people... stating how they're superior and stuff infront of like 20 of us...
There's no Japanese people in my school, but I must admit there is the korean group and the chinese group. We SoMeTiMeS mix, but it's very rare.


I have read on a Korean based facebook page: ( have deleted the names)

Park Tae-Hwan disqualified??

Chinese referee
July 28 at 5:21am · Like · 4

WTF fucking chinese referee
Like · 2

fuck.da.chinese.
Like · 1

it was actually a korean judge..
Like · 0

[.... I have to note here that no one insults the korean judge......Then nothing interesting until....]

this tiny little chinese ching chongs chode hole.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[They just said it was a Korean judge...]


I'm not saying that only koreans do this shyt, all 3 of these countries do it, but this was just an example I came across today.





I do note the Japan invading China thing as a horrible event, but wouldn't making amends make everything better?

We are all proud people, & I admit I prefer Chinese company, but I do no discriminate against others... not like I've seen other people do. Don't bash me, but I think Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese have more things in common with each other as compared to the rest of the world... so wouldn't everything be simpler if we're friends not on the political, traditional and cultural level, but also the local level?




It makes me wonder... Why do we have such grudges against each other. Why don't we all just be friends instead of bringing up history and comparing one another?


This reminds me of the whole China vs Taiwan debate, too. I want to ignore it because I live in the US and I think people should all get along but it's sometimes hard to just ignore differences in opinion.




That is more political rather than race related. China doesn't recognize Taiwan as a independent country, whereas Taiwan believe they are independent. I'm not really sure how the United Nation consider Taiwan, but yeah, political not racial. If anybody is interested, just google it :)
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12
^Well, yes. But I don't think the types of conflicts matter as much as why we even have conflicts at all. The last line in cat's post made me think that. We could turn all the race arguments we have into political ones by arguing that we are all the same (human) and we evolved from monkeys in Africa.
Posted 8/2/12
Taiwan is Independent..? right? I think so to the US cuz I live there and is from Taiwan (:<
12619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12

AcoraGK wrote:

Taiwan is Independent..? right? I think so to the US cuz I live there and is from Taiwan (:<


(Flame shield: ON)

Well, I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but I believe Taiwan is independent. The Chinese government seems to believe Taiwan is theirs because they have sovereignty over it and it once belonged to them. China isn't actually sovereign over Taiwan because said sovereignty would mean that it is okay for China to send over enforcers and military and whatnot to Taiwan whenever they please (which is NOT the case). Taiwan has its own government distinct from China's, its own laws (including immigration ones), its own currency and flag, even its own military force. I know there are a lot of people unaware of this, especially those who don't pay specific attention to these things. I don't blame them but it is really annoying when they automatically say Taiwan is part of China because they don't know the dynamics.

Taiwan might not be independent for much longer, though, since it is far less powerful/influential than China. I personally believe China is just taking advantage of its size and power to do whatever it wants. This may or may not be true, since I was raised in Taiwan. My school taught me that Taiwan wasn't part of China. I call a lot of bull on what China claims Taiwan to be, and I was also raised to recognize Taiwan as an independent nation (and almost all of the older Taiwanese folks who were present when the Japanese occupied Taiwan believe it to be independent). We're talking about a nation that abuses children and forces them to train as athletes and even threatens its own people (like Yao Ming) so that they remain 'loyal.' Obviously, we don't want a part in that. All the Chinese government apparently sees is methods to increase its power and keep its people under control. I wouldn't be surprised if their schools all teach their kids that Taiwan is full of rebellious people who must be stopped.

I've got nothing specifically against Chinese people (my kickass genius best friend of 17 years is Chinese and I have many more friends who are Chinese) but they way the government operates over there really ticks me off sometimes. [/end rant]

Back on topic...I really want to see past the differences that divide people but I don't think that's possible to completely accomplish. Ever tried getting a group of 5 or 6 people at school to work together smoothly on a project? Now imagine trying to make billions of people get along....people have been asking why human beings can't just all get along for countless years. Sadly, it's not that easy.
Posted 8/2/12
I'm not Asian, but I see why it is good to bring up such a topic....it is to find some clarity and to get others to just think about it. Not wanting to talk about some times controversial topics isn't realistic....I myself would like to know more, simply because I never heard of this before.. The more you talk about things like this the better....its real, honest and as long as reply's are respectful we can all come to a better understand at the end
27064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 8/2/12

Catz1297 wrote: I do note the Japan invading China thing as a horrible event, but wouldn't making amends make everything better?

Which is one small fragment of the issue... how does one going about doing so? In describing Japans atrocities during the second world war, "horrible event" doesn't really do it justice. First off because it was a series of events (which DO NOT begin or end when Japan put boots on the ground in China, and one cannot forget the attempt of the Japanese to destroy Korea physically and culturally), second because the adjective is simply inadequate. Unfortunately, at least in this case, cultures have memory. Its called history. Events are not easy to forgotten, especially negative ones. However, Japan has certainly apologized many times, and given plenty of concessions to China and Korea. They are more than ready to make amends. But, as others have alluded to, race can be very political. China and Korea have frequently brought up the legacy of the former Empire of Japan, because it is an effective foreign policy tool. China especially has gotten very good at using Japans "war guilt" to forward foreign policy agendas. Simply asking "why can we just get along?" betrays the complexity of the issue. Unfortunately, there is alot to it. It starts from the top, and, as you have indicated, seeps all the way down to the bottom.
734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
It seems that China has a grudge against every one.
It's not that there aren't good reasons, though.
Chinese people have superiority complexes.
13806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / EXO PLANET
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
Koreans Have Something Against The Japanese (Ik This Because Of My Dad (Who Is Japanese)) Because There Was A Time When Japan Ruled Korea (And Treated Them Horribly) Im Not Sure About The Chinese Tho.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
Humanity has become supremely stupid. Almost all of them are group thinkers/sheep.
Posted 8/2/12
I need pictures
32055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
The grudge in question between the three countries is beyond that of history. It dwells within pride and xenophobia. Due to the close geological proximity of the three nations, the only thing the three country use to identify themselves with are language and culture. Therefore, in order to extenuate their differences, they segregate themselves through hating each other.
a619ko 
18192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
Uhhhhh....We're all human. Nufff said.

Seriously, the only superior people, are the ones that make an individual effort to succeed...

There is NO such thing as one race, being superior above the rest. It's always each persons own individual effort.

Look at the Olympics, you have all types of people winning.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.