First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Are there any older anime you wish would make another season or do a remake with better graphics?
54180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
Do any of you have a favorite anime from the 90's, 80's or older that ended and you wish they would continue or maybe even do a remake with HD animation or a better story telling than the original?

One of my favorite anime is 12 kingdoms and I hate that it ended. It was an awesome story and it would really be cool if they did another season or redid it with better quality animation. 1080p would be nice although I highly doubt they could make the story any better than the original.

Name any series you wish would continue or redo from the beginning and then keep going with HD quality animation.



(P.S. If your a purist and believe none of the anime you love should be changed in any way, shape, or form. even by adding more episodes than just ignore this question and save yourself the time)
22355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / Tyrell HQ
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
I would love love love a remake of Star Blazers~

59938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
Currently they are redoing one of my favorites, Space Battleship Yamato. I love what I've seen of this upgraded and modernized version.

I think a lot of shows don't need to be updated, they are still excellent as they are. But if we are cleaning up and upgrading... well, I wouldn't mind updates to these, if done well:
- Dirty Pair
- Outlaw Star
- Bubblegum Crisis
- Macross
- Gatchaman
59938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

ssxtitan wrote:

I would love love love a remake of Star Blazers~



They already are, though the episodes are being released at theaters for now.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12025/Uchuu_Senkan_Yamato_2199_Movie_1:_Harukanaru_Tabitachi
49248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
I always wished for more Robotech and bought the comics for years after the series ended. I now enjoy the Macross 2006 rerelease and wish they would do the same for Southern Cross and Mospeada without the heavy Harmony Gold treatment of Robotech. I have the Sentinels three episodes and the script book they released later. Robotech really got me interested in anime. Loved Mari Iijima's Lynn Minmei and enjoy her music to this day.

I will second Starblazers. Force Five was also fun...
22355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / Tyrell HQ
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

deadpanditto wrote:


ssxtitan wrote:

I would love love love a remake of Star Blazers~



They already are, though the episodes are being released at theaters for now.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12025/Uchuu_Senkan_Yamato_2199_Movie_1:_Harukanaru_Tabitachi


NICE!! that makes my day rite there!!~



12241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Tampa Bay, Fl
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
I would love a remake of Maison Ikkoku and Sorcerer Hunters. I think a little polish on the art would look amazing and they're both great series.
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12
Sailor Moon...But they ARE making it into a new anime in 2013!

Like the above user, I too would love a remake of Maison Ikkoku. It's one of the greatest romantic comedies EVER.

I'd also like to see a new anime for Tokyo Babylon, instead of just the OVA's that came out in the early 90's.

Since I'm on the subject of Clamp, I would love to see Tsubasa remade, this time actually STICKING to the storyline of the manga, and NOT using crappy animation/art like in the first 2 seasons.
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12

Spiderssoul wrote:

Do any of you have a favorite anime from the 90's, 80's or older that ended and you wish they would continue or maybe even do a remake with HD animation or a better story telling than the original?

One of my favorite anime is 12 kingdoms and I hate that it ended. It was an awesome story and it would really be cool if they did another season or redid it with better quality animation. 1080p would be nice although I highly doubt they could make the story any better than the original.

Name any series you wish would continue or redo from the beginning and then keep going with HD quality animation.



(P.S. If your a purist and believe none of the anime you love should be changed in any way, shape, or form. even by adding more episodes than just ignore this question and save yourself the time)


I LOVE the 12 Kingdoms! One of the best anime EVER. Have you read the light novels? They're incredible and so intricate and well written. Very Lord of the Rings/Narnia style.

The reason the story ended like that is because they did not animate all the books. However, the book series doesn't really have an actual "conclusion" either - but I would LOVE to see more anime and books about it!

Personally, I didn't think the animation was bad at all. It had it's not-so-good moments, but over all it was fine.
The Wise Wizard
74992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12

ssxtitan wrote:

I would love love love a remake of Star Blazers~

I take it either you mean you want an Americanized version of Space Battleship Yamato: 2199, or you didn't know they are remaking it (first as a series of movies, then as a TV series).

A news article, with embedded previews of the second and third movie:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/05/02/video-space-battleship-yamato-2199-episode-2-and-3-preview

49248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


ssxtitan wrote:

I would love love love a remake of Star Blazers~

I take it either you mean you want an Americanized version of Space Battleship Yamato: 2199, or you didn't know they are remaking it (first as a series of movies, then as a TV series).

A news article, with embedded previews of the second and third movie:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/05/02/video-space-battleship-yamato-2199-episode-2-and-3-preview



Would be great if Crunchyroll got the movie and series!
22355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / Tyrell HQ
Offline
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


ssxtitan wrote:

I would love love love a remake of Star Blazers~

I take it either you mean you want an Americanized version of Space Battleship Yamato: 2199, or you didn't know they are remaking it (first as a series of movies, then as a TV series).

A news article, with embedded previews of the second and third movie:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/05/02/video-space-battleship-yamato-2199-episode-2-and-3-preview



yeah, i had no idea they were remaking it as movies and then a tv series. I was just reading about it actually~ can't wait to check it out~

** and yes...i would be elated if CR picked it up~
20018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
Wish the "Dominion Tank Police" saga in part was rereleased and yeah it'd be awesome to see a new take on that series.
Cause the new take on it that happened later in the early ninties kinda was lame.

Bubblegum crisis also could be cool to see again!

Not sure if it's true or proper anime but, something along the line of the orgional MTV Aeon Flux's would be awesome too! Because you watch it now in retrospec and it looks kinda bland even though the art is sharp. Just wouldn't want MTV to have anything to do with it now because well hey mtv is just pure junk now
23137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
I would love if they made second seasons of Guyver: The Bioboosted Armour and Tenjho Tenge.

Never gonna happen in a million years though.
Jarexx 
24787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
YuYu hakusho!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.