First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Are there any older anime you wish would make another season or do a remake with better graphics?
53355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

vysotka wrote:

Wish the "Dominion Tank Police" saga in part was rereleased and yeah it'd be awesome to see a new take on that series.
Cause the new take on it that happened later in the early ninties kinda was lame.

Bubblegum crisis also could be cool to see again!

Not sure if it's true or proper anime but, something along the line of the orgional MTV Aeon Flux's would be awesome too! Because you watch it now in retrospec and it looks kinda bland even though the art is sharp. Just wouldn't want MTV to have anything to do with it now because well hey mtv is just pure junk now


I still have my Dominion Tank Police on VHS... Plastic Little, Dirty Pair and so on would be fun in higher resolution.

I loved Aeon Flux. Too bad the movie was absolutely dreadful. I like Charlize Theron but that was not a role meant for her... So many better choices were available.
7074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
I dont want any remakes but new seasons or series of yu yu hakusho, slayers, ghost in the shell, vampire hunter d(supposedly in the works cant wait), and dragon ball of course. I would really love to see more FLCL too its one my faves of all time.. even though that will never happen
50203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12
Mobile Suit Gundam... not the trilogy movies but an actual TV series remake.
3613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In a superego lacuna
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

hpulley wrote:

I always wished for more Robotech and bought the comics for years after the series ended. I now enjoy the Macross 2006 rerelease and wish they would do the same for Southern Cross and Mospeada without the heavy Harmony Gold treatment of Robotech. I have the Sentinels three episodes and the script book they released later. Robotech really got me interested in anime. Loved Mari Iijima's Lynn Minmei and enjoy her music to this day.

I will second Starblazers. Force Five was also fun...


I love Robotech also and hope to watch its progenitors soon. But my weakness is for Lancer's music! I don't know if I want Robotech, or other things, totally remade because there is something unique and charming about the old-fashioned styles that may be lost if translated into the hyperslick glossy styles of today. But then, I do like some live-action remakes so I guess I should stay open-minded. I think mostly for the old series I would like the art cleaned up, certain action sequences to be smoother, maybe a more involved soundtrack.

In that vein, I wouldn't mind if the following got a refresh:
Bastard!!
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Vampire Hunter D, the original, maybe just a re-do of the artwork but not touch the story. I hear rumors...
Dirty Pair
Earthian, probably the only one I'd want a total reboot of because the original really didn't do the beautiful manga justice in terms of artwork or story adaptation

6680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Basketball Court
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
Slam Dunk and Sailor Moon.
53355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

forsakenmage wrote:


hpulley wrote:

I always wished for more Robotech and bought the comics for years after the series ended. I now enjoy the Macross 2006 rerelease and wish they would do the same for Southern Cross and Mospeada without the heavy Harmony Gold treatment of Robotech. I have the Sentinels three episodes and the script book they released later. Robotech really got me interested in anime. Loved Mari Iijima's Lynn Minmei and enjoy her music to this day.

I will second Starblazers. Force Five was also fun...


I love Robotech also and hope to watch its progenitors soon. But my weakness is for Lancer's music! I don't know if I want Robotech, or other things, totally remade because there is something unique and charming about the old-fashioned styles that may be lost if translated into the hyperslick glossy styles of today. But then, I do like some live-action remakes so I guess I should stay open-minded. I think mostly for the old series I would like the art cleaned up, certain action sequences to be smoother, maybe a more involved soundtrack.

In that vein, I wouldn't mind if the following got a refresh:
Bastard!!
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Vampire Hunter D, the original, maybe just a re-do of the artwork but not touch the story. I hear rumors...
Dirty Pair
Earthian, probably the only one I'd want a total reboot of because the original really didn't do the beautiful manga justice in terms of artwork or story adaptation



Macross, from the original series through the movies, onto Macross PLUS more recently has always had great music. Ai oboete imasu ka / do you remember love?

The animation of the original Macross still holds up to these old eyes. In fact some new stuff is worse.

Great stories they were, different genre than today.
3613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In a superego lacuna
Offline
Posted 8/3/12

Can't wait to start watching the original series but I do know that song already! It's great. Robotech has the most amazing music so I figured the stuff it was stitched from must have pretty awesome music. I agree that a lot of the old animation outshines some of the new stuff. I only recently saw the original Mobile Suit Gundam and am now on Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. The mecha from decades ago are awesome. I still get goosebumps from certain iconic images of the SDF. And yes, I think many of the old stories were better developed and just seem to have a different feel. Different genre, like you say. Eh, some of us just have old souls!
30309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Jersey
Online
Posted 8/8/12
Outlaw Star
10846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/12
From the 90's?....off the top of my head I can only think of wanting a Martian Successor Nadesico remake.
Posted 8/8/12

DontDeny wrote:

Slam Dunk and Sailor Moon.


Sailor Moon is getting a new anime in 2013,.
20010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 8/8/12

magicuser360 wrote:


Spiderssoul wrote:

Do any of you have a favorite anime from the 90's, 80's or older that ended and you wish they would continue or maybe even do a remake with HD animation or a better story telling than the original?

One of my favorite anime is 12 kingdoms and I hate that it ended. It was an awesome story and it would really be cool if they did another season or redid it with better quality animation. 1080p would be nice although I highly doubt they could make the story any better than the original.

Name any series you wish would continue or redo from the beginning and then keep going with HD quality animation.



(P.S. If your a purist and believe none of the anime you love should be changed in any way, shape, or form. even by adding more episodes than just ignore this question and save yourself the time)


I LOVE the 12 Kingdoms! One of the best anime EVER. Have you read the light novels? They're incredible and so intricate and well written. Very Lord of the Rings/Narnia style.

The reason the story ended like that is because they did not animate all the books. However, the book series doesn't really have an actual "conclusion" either - but I would LOVE to see more anime and books about it!

Personally, I didn't think the animation was bad at all. It had it's not-so-good moments, but over all it was fine.


I second/third/whatever the Twelve Kingdoms idea. That show will always be my all-time favorite. ;A;

Seeing as it was hand-animated for most of it, I think the older animation adds a charm to it that some anime today is lacking. Anywho, It ended about 15-20 episodes early. I believe it was originally cause by a lack of money by Studio Pierrot. Blah. I want more. They left some... things unfinished and a bit unclean. Luckily, some of the books are being republished right now in Japan, so maybe we'll see something come of that in the next year or two. c:

I'd also love to see Neighborhood Story, by Ai Yazawa, get another animated something or other. It was her pilot anime, and its pacing was a bit strange and the animation was, at certain points, a bit sloppy. But, that being said, it's the prequel to Paradise Kiss, so it's quite relevant to her universe's canon.
18647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / AKL, New Zealand
Offline
Posted 8/8/12
セーラームーン. im anticipating the Sailor Moon remake! ^^
20699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/8/12
Yu Yu Hakusho!!!!
736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / In My Fantasy World
Offline
Posted 8/8/12
i would want another season of
suger suger rune
kuroshitsuji
junjour romantica
sekaiichi hatukoi
vampire knight
dance in a vampire bund
black blood brother
gravitaion
ouran high school host club
and decendents of darkness
wearjc 
52363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / my own private Idaho
Offline
Posted 8/8/12
I would like to see the conclusion of the Tai Ki arc from Twelve Kingdoms. I think they could probably do that in 24, if not 12 episodes. I would also like to see Crest/Banner of the Stars redone, if only to take out the Japanese subtitles. Watching it with subtitles over subtitles makes it hard to read.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.