First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
Post Reply are you religious? if so, why?
18299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Illinois
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
I am not religious at all, but I do believe that there is a God (or Gods). The only reason I think this is because I just think, what created the universe? big bang? what created the big bang? etc.

If I think about it like that, I just think that there has to be something that started it all.

I do not go to church at all or anything though, I think I've been to a church 3 times in my lifetime, twice for free soda, and the third was a wedding.
11492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / America
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
I believe in a God, just not a biblical God.
Agnostic. I guess.
21166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / United Stated
Offline
Posted 10/13/12
I am indifferent. I do believe their is a god. I'm pretty sure i'm a Christian, however i'm my own type of Chrisitan. I don't believe in putting down other religions becuase we aren't sure what is really out their when we are dead, and we can't possbily ask a dead person unless 2012 comes and a zombie apocolyps happens.

However i believe what i wanna believe and i choose to inturpret it in my way. I don't shove my relgion down other people's throat's. I believe it how i wanna believe it and not anybody elses way.
8498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 10/14/12

yuukiasuna wrote:


shadorai wrote:

i'm not religious because i just think religion is ridiculous and unrealistic. i am a WAY more scientific kind of guy. science just makes so much more sense.
this is an example of a dumbass thing that happens with me and religious people ALL THE F**KIN' TIME= someone asks me about my religion, (usually christians, because that's all there really is around here) and i say, "oh. i'm atheist. i just think religion is kinda silly." and then the christian says, "dude! but if you don't believe in god, you'll go to hell!" and then i usually punch them or something because they deserve it and say, "how am i going to hell... if i don't even believe in religion!?" and then they usually walk away.

although i do find some religions as interesting stories.


Meh I mean I'm Catholic and we sometimes get a bad rep from that too. I respect that you're atheist and the last thing I would do is try to convert you or something as ridiculous as saying you're going to hell simply because its something you don't that that's plausible. People like those who push their religion onto others without regard for respect give us a bad rep. I am Catholic, and even though you don't believe in Christianity, I for one think you are NOT going to Hell. =) Would I try to explain my religion to you asked or even hinted or maybe attacked it? Yes. Would I condemn you for being Atheist? No. There's no reason for me to :)


now THIS is how religious people should be. i relgiously respect you.
Posted 10/24/12
Does it really matter??
41081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 10/24/12

shadorai wrote:


yuukiasuna wrote:


shadorai wrote:

i'm not religious because i just think religion is ridiculous and unrealistic. i am a WAY more scientific kind of guy. science just makes so much more sense.
this is an example of a dumbass thing that happens with me and religious people ALL THE F**KIN' TIME= someone asks me about my religion, (usually christians, because that's all there really is around here) and i say, "oh. i'm atheist. i just think religion is kinda silly." and then the christian says, "dude! but if you don't believe in god, you'll go to hell!" and then i usually punch them or something because they deserve it and say, "how am i going to hell... if i don't even believe in religion!?" and then they usually walk away.

although i do find some religions as interesting stories.


Meh I mean I'm Catholic and we sometimes get a bad rep from that too. I respect that you're atheist and the last thing I would do is try to convert you or something as ridiculous as saying you're going to hell simply because its something you don't that that's plausible. People like those who push their religion onto others without regard for respect give us a bad rep. I am Catholic, and even though you don't believe in Christianity, I for one think you are NOT going to Hell. =) Would I try to explain my religion to you asked or even hinted or maybe attacked it? Yes. Would I condemn you for being Atheist? No. There's no reason for me to :)


now THIS is how religious people should be. i relgiously respect you.


but in a sense, he/she is living life philosophically. i am not trying to attack, just opening doors.

there is a high chance that the only faith your following is more of your parent's teaching and your treating it as a way of living. a means of moral sense to your daily lives. in which sense, we aren't following a religion but something we were taught.

but in christian teachings, is that they are taught to save people who wondered off into an off road to hell.

its all teachings. we can't really attack people who are just doing what they are taught. actually you can, but its not right. so in the end there is really no solution to this. for one religion to respect another is like losing your identity as a person as a whole.

14309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/24/12
I'm not religious at all.
I think the existence of God cannot be proven and we'll never know.
Posted 10/24/12
yes, because that's how i was raised. however, i don't proselytize...if someone chooses not to believe in God that's their business...i will say this...if there is no God and no afterlife then oh well, i won't even know about it. on the other hand, if you're wrong, i feel for ya!
270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / mainland
Offline
Posted 10/24/12

a619ko wrote:

I'm Agnostic Theist...

Do I believe in God?^^

Not really, but then again, when I'm scared...

I say "Jesus, please don't let the police find my stash"

Works every time! Hey, maybe their is a God watching over me! I should probably go to church more often


^ ^" yes maybe you should .
6610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
love for Jesus is a work of god but religion is a man made envention

love for Jesus is the cure while religion is the infection.

religion says DO but Jesus says DONE

Religion says SLAVE. Jesus says SON

Religion puts you in bondage but Jesus sets you free.

Religion makes you blind. Jesus makes you see

Thats why religion and god are two seperate things.

religion is man searching for God. Christianaty is GOD SEARCHING FOR MAN.
23818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / South America
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
i'm a mormon. i don't judge others. people are people whether they have religion or not. plus mormons have a different view of hell than most christian religions in general lol. i just say live your life and be happy with your choices. some advice if anybody wants it is to never let either side (whether it be religion or atheism) consume you too much to an extreme. too much of anything can sometimes turn out to be bad
14425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
I'm not, but i still think there is something more paranormal to this world than we know : )
23915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cocoon
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
Basically bottom line for me, I believe in God, Satan, Heaven and Hell, also that good and bad deeds will determine where you spend an eternity in the afterlife. HOWEVER.. I am not one of those people who try to shove religion down peoples throats.
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
i am religious..
why ? because i need ''something'' to shine my life, to make me stronger and better.
anyway, i believe there must be ''something'' that create our beautiful world..
47138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil; it has no point. I wish I'd been born again when I was a kid; it would have made life so much happier. Instead, I found Jesus Christ when I was in college, just by finding a friendly church and hearing His words. He helps me through the bad times and the good and I can't imagine my life without Him being in it. I praise Him and thank Him for loving me, just as I am.
First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.