First  Prev  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  Next  Last
Post Reply are you religious? if so, why?
13123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Coffee shops, Tea...
Offline
Posted 4/3/13
No. I do believe there is a creator, though.

I'm not sure if I'm a Deist or Pantheist.
Not quite sure if I believe in Divine Intervention.

Religion is an important societal institution. I see the "why" of it.

But then again-- NO, I am not a docile body, I am not religious.
Posted 4/4/13
agnostic prove it and am all yours probably but if there is one much use he she is any way
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/4/13

DivineMoonBlossoms wrote:

agnostic prove it and am all yours probably but if there is one much use he she is any way


What do you believe though? Agnostic means you claim not to know. For example, I am an agnostic atheist. I believe there is no god, but I do not know if there is one.
Posted 4/4/13 , edited 4/4/13

DetectiveAlex wrote:


DivineMoonBlossoms wrote:

agnostic prove it and am all yours probably but if there is one much use he she is any way


What do you believe though? Agnostic means you claim not to know. For example, I am an agnostic atheist. I believe there is no god, but I do not know if there is one.


seeing is believing show me with true facts

am Buddhist any way


just use this to shut people up Agnosticism
4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 4/4/13
I don't know if there is a god(ess) or not.
I only have problems with people claiming they know and come to proselytise.
26497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 4/4/13 , edited 4/4/13
I don't understand shadorai. I have never heard that before. By that logic, you're saying since don't u believe in religion, you're excepted from hell?
Isn't that like saying "a child believes they didn't do anything wrong, so they don't believe they're going to be punished."


9728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/4/13
People consistently put down the idea of other gods such as Ra, Zeus, Inari etc. but when you put down the Big G they get all flustered out of their mind. If you call other stories of other gods to be shenanigans when the stories of your own god are fraught with falsities and contradicting events isn't that just a little off? It's silly to think anyone would still believe a book(s) written 2000 odd years ago to be true without trying to provide evidence for it.

***This is aimed at the Big G (or God, with the capital, Jehovah works too), the one god who is the same being (despite what you think...) across the largest religions, Christianity and Muslim (and a few other smaller ones of course). I don't think it's necessary to argue over small deities in religions which are already phasing out.
26497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 4/4/13
in my opinion this is not an appropriate subject to bring up on this kind of site. This also includes political, social, and economical. Perhaps we can just stick to ENTERTAINMENT. At least that is what I'm would expect from a site dedicated to East Asian entertainment and news. That is just my opinion though
4335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Georgia U.S.
Offline
Posted 4/4/13
i'm atheist, but i don't really know if there is a god or not. everybody is different.
41215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Round Rock Tx
Offline
Posted 4/4/13
By "are you religious" do you mean, if I subscribe to someone's idea of how i should worship my God?
than no. Only sheep are religious. Do I have a Belief in what most would consider a God? yes. Yes I do. When i was young and dumb, I can't say i had any belief, and believed that to be religious or believing in God was to profess a need for a crutch or a pacifier in life. Now i'm 50 years old, I've been to over 70 Countries, and participated in more than 50 armed conflicts, be they outright wars, to police actions, to episodes like in East Timor where we were just protecting unarmed Christians from the armed and murderous thugs wearing Indonesian Army uniforms and screaming to Allah.
I have seen enough of what any sane person would consider Miracles. I have heard voices in my head to move a few feet, as the place i just left from was destroyed. I've both participated in, and been a witness to events that you could only describe as Divine intervention in that nobody died. For this, I do believe in the intervention of a higher power aka God. It may not be your definition of God it it fits mine.
4961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/4/13

jonathanb2 wrote:

in my opinion this is not an appropriate subject to bring up on this kind of site. This also includes political, social, and economical. Perhaps we can just stick to ENTERTAINMENT. At least that is what I'm would expect from a site dedicated to East Asian entertainment and news. That is just my opinion though


^This. Especially since the topic asks if people are religious and why, but the author, instead of really explaining why he believes what he believes, begins his explanation with an insult to the opposing view. Instead of saying (what he might have said) "I don't believe because I see no proof, there's nothing tangible about it like science nor do I think it is based on reality." He insults a group by calling them "ridiculous and unrealistic". I can understand that he's had some past problems dealing with some Christians, but whatever experience he had doesn't justify condemning a group as a whole. Nobody would blame the actions of a few of a race or group of people to the entirety of it's population......at least ethically speaking they shouldn't.

In my family everyone follows their own path, their own beliefs, or lack of one, and nobody condemns, insults or ridicules the other for it. We agree to disagree and are civil about it. That being said, we do understand that for some faiths, they are compelled to "save" others, and for the most part this stems from a sincere concern (love) for the other person, even if they do it in a manner that rubs you the wrong way. If anyone ever feels "harassed" by someone with an opposing view, you could change the subject, and you do have the power to walk away......
2637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Wherever the wind...
Offline
Posted 4/4/13
^ I agree to the above. Topics like these always spark debates. I've seen it happen in this site before. It was pretty nasty. -_-

27001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your mind
Offline
Posted 4/4/13

DivineMoonBlossoms wrote:



seeing is believing show me with true facts

am Buddhist any way


just use this to shut people up Agnosticism


Completely off topic, but your avi has put my mind in a trance... I can't look away


On topic: Naw I ain't religious or nuffin
22768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 4/4/13
I am and I'm proud of it, but I'm a different branch of Christianity than most. It makes it hard for people to talk to me about their misgivings with Christianity, because they'll say, "Why do you all believe X?" And I'll say, "Well I don't actually believe in that either, so I guess we're in agreement, maybe... *sigh*" It's hard to have a back-and-forth exchange that way.

I think it's a shame that people judge Christianity by the acts of a few unsavory individual Christians. If everyone actually behaved the way the Bible told us to, people acting horribly wouldn't be a problem, but lots of people go ahead and blame the entire religion for it.

Maybe it's because my upbringing has affected me so, but even if I were an atheist, I'd still be a moralist. I'm a big fan of morals and different teachings in the Bible.
17093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 4/4/13 , edited 4/4/13
I grew up Catholic but now I consider myself Agnostic. I don't follow any religion or believe in any god(s). However I don't deny that it is possible for a god to exist, I just personally need evidence of something existing for me to believe in it.

Sometimes I think about why we're here and what created us, the world seems to complex for it ti be just created out of nothing. Sometimes I think that there might be something out there that created us but I think it's something more transcendent (if that makes sense,) not something you can put a face to or give human qualities. That said, maybe that makes me a little bit religious.
First  Prev  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.