First  Prev  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  Next  Last
Post Reply are you religious? if so, why?
17216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/9/13

shadorai wrote:

i'm not religious because i just think religion is ridiculous and unrealistic. i am a WAY more scientific kind of guy. science just makes so much more sense.
this is an example of a dumbass thing that happens with me and religious people ALL THE F**KIN' TIME= someone asks me about my religion, (usually christians, because that's all there really is around here) and i say, "oh. i'm atheist. i just think religion is kinda silly." and then the christian says, "dude! but if you don't believe in god, you'll go to hell!" and i say, "how am i going to hell if i don't even believe in religion?" and then they or i usually walk away.

although i do find some religions as interesting stories.


I pretty much agree with your view of religion, BUT

I don't call myself athiest... why? I'm not sure. maybe I want to believe their is something beyond out perception, not a god or heaven or hell, but an energy beyond our understanding? (lol seems I like the scientific route as well)

also I do understand that "church" can make people better people. I have seen a complete **** go to church and become a decent person.
2393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / In Rainbows
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.
Posted 4/20/13

kingwolf707 wrote:


superluccix wrote:

Im a person who wishes to be immortal.

Maybe God exists, maybe he doesn't, don't know, just want to live forever.


Sooooooooooooo......


Posted 4/20/13
Nope, far from it.
22979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 4/20/13

shadorai wrote:

i'm not religious because i just think religion is ridiculous and unrealistic. i am a WAY more scientific kind of guy. science just makes so much more sense.
this is an example of a dumbass thing that happens with me and religious people ALL THE F**KIN' TIME= someone asks me about my religion, (usually christians, because that's all there really is around here) and i say, "oh. i'm atheist. i just think religion is kinda silly." and then the christian says, "dude! but if you don't believe in god, you'll go to hell!" and i say, "how am i going to hell if i don't even believe in religion?" and then they or i usually walk away.

although i do find some religions as interesting stories.


I don't believe either, but I'm not quite as ignorant as you are, and your logic is full of flaws and I fucking guarantee that as a "scientific kind of guy" you know next to fuck all about scienece.

The easy answer to your retarded question of why a person is religious "Because I believe".

The other easy answer to your stupid question on their belief in hell. You don't counteract their argument on hell by saying you don't believe since they state that the non-believers go to hell.

Assume hell does exist and you don't believe in it, you're still fucking going to it, and if I go to hell too, I'll make sure to hunt you down and bitch slap you around for a few million years for your idiocy.
3217 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
I am Buddhist but sort of in name and tradition only, So i half believe in it.
Posted 4/20/13
I was fortunate enough to be raised in a non-religious household despite being Korean (from my experience, a majority of them are hardcore Presbyterians who take offense to every single joke), which is unusual because in my mother's side, we're divided between Christians and non-believers.

But admittedly, I did hold slight animosity towards hardcore Korean Presbyterians because a lot of them bullied me (and other Korean-Canadians just because they couldn't speak their native language) and held small racist meetings with their other Korean friends.
1124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
I'm religious, and I'm proud of it. Why you ask? it doesn't have anything to do with what everyone else believes. For me, there are things in your heart and your conscience that you just have to follow. You know, the way a nice guy has to be a gentleman, or the way when you like someone you want to do something nice for them. Or even when you know you should tell the truth because a lie would just make it even worse.

There are some things in life where you can't explain things. You just react. You know in your mind and body and this is the right path for you. If you believe and practice something hard enough, there's no limit to what you can do. I'm religious because I believe in doing the right thing. Of course that doesn't give you the right to impose your religion on others though. Anyway, religion is different for everyone. It just takes time to react.
18206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
No.

Why?...lol.
7956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Waiting for your...
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
Not really...
14019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/20/13 , edited 4/20/13
o,o
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 4/20/13 , edited 4/20/13

artsygirl21 wrote:

I'm an atheist, I don't take anybody's crap about religion. Religion staunches growth, whereas atheism is great, it expands our knowledge and allows questions. However, I'd like to think there's some sort of afterlife, as there are many other dimensions to our universe (11 according to the String Theory), but not necessarily a "god" to rule that, there's no such thing.

Religion is one big fairy tale, people should realize that by now. How do you know if religion wasn't first created as an actually joke, and there were just too many people down the line of history to take it seriously?


Right...cause atheists don't make brazen assumptions without the burden of "truth" or "facts".... atheists are FAR better than that...yaa..

Agnostic. I'm humble enough to admit I can't prove or disprove the existence of a higher being. I'm perfectly content with not knowing. I do love watching atheists and religious folk argue about the subject though, makes for good entertainment.
250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / To the left. Not...
Offline
Posted 4/20/13 , edited 4/20/13
Christian, but I respect all beliefs. The way I see it, a world this beautiful can't be an accident
20088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 4/20/13
In the words of my roommate:

"I AM A CHRISTIAN. This may come as a shock to some but I am one of those faithful people. I may be bad at being a Christian but I am still one. Please do not mix me up with the religious people. I am FAITHFUL. I have faith that there is a God and that he loves me and my friends no matter what. I do not feel the need to beat people with the bible and terrorize people with religious speak. I am suppose to witness to the world of God's love and my way is through showing love. Not hatred or judgment. LOVE. I am far from the perfect and I will never be perfect. I will sin and I will ask for forgiveness and I will forgive those around me whether they ask for it or not. I have faith that God will never leave my side even if I am an idiot and run from him. I will also show patience because I have enough to go around and I learned from the best teacher. He's been nothing but patient with me."

I am an athiest and this woman and I get along famously and she follows these words every day of her life.
20088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 4/20/13

artsygirl21 wrote:

I'm an atheist, I don't take anybody's crap about religion. Religion staunches growth, whereas atheism is great, it expands our knowledge and allows questions. However, I'd like to think there's some sort of afterlife, as there are many other dimensions to our universe (11 according to the String Theory), but not necessarily a "god" to rule that, there's no such thing.

Religion is one big fairy tale, people should realize that by now. How do you know if religion wasn't first created as an actually joke, and there were just too many people down the line of history to take it seriously?


To be honest, your argument could be turned around on you. How do you know that atheism wasn't created as a joke and others jumped on the bandwagon as you argue happened with religion? Also, historically speaking, Religion was created, for lack of a better word, because those in the ancient world could not explain the natural phenomenons around them and why certain things were the way they were.
First  Prev  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.