First  Prev  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  Next  Last
Post Reply are you religious? if so, why?
19092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/12/13
Well, this was my first time being so involved in a forum, or in a discussion about the existence of God. I am happy it happened with such intelligible people. It reminded me of how wars were done in the past. We were organized, lined up, and shot at each other. Sure, some of the shells may have gone in completely different directions and we just ended up in one big mess, but we we tried to be kind and organized; we tried.
14021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
What is going on in this thread. I see a big argument. Let people believe in what they believe in.
19092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/12/13

furytime wrote:

What is going on in this thread. I see a big argument. Let people believe in what they believe in.


You see what happens if you leave people to themselves for too long?
320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13 , edited 5/13/13

furytime wrote:

What is going on in this thread. I see a big argument. Let people believe in what they believe in.


People are asking if the pie is a lie. After all, the cake is an old topic.

But yeah, it's a big argument =p. Nothing more, nothing less. That's the way things work concerning hot topics, I guess.
19092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/12/13
Yeah, I couldn't believe my friend was able to make $900,000 a year from home, on his laptop. Go to http:/www.thisisobviouslyfakeandifitwererealitwouldbeascam.com right now to secure your financial future!
19092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/13/13
Please disregard that last comment. I couldn't resist. People everyday fall to scams like this. Spread the word to stop people from falling into such traps!
19092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/13/13
I wonder if people are distracted enough from the argument with this?
19092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/13/13
Well, seems like it worked.
14214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/13/13

TAO_Arecibo wrote:

Nuclear, I'd digress, infinites do exist, but they aren't measurable. For instance, the existence of time is forced to be infinite if we accept that time means things change. Everything can't go from a state of non-change to a state of change without time already existing in the first place, if you know what I mean. So I'd say infinite does exist, but with caveats, if you know what I mean.


I dont know what you mean.

Go to google search and type Hilbert's Hotel so you can learn why infinites do not exist.

Also, vedivediveci quoted me, but i have no idea why. Anyone caught onto to why? maybe i should PM
320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/13 , edited 5/13/13

Nuclearspy wrote:


TAO_Arecibo wrote:

Nuclear, I'd digress, infinites do exist, but they aren't measurable. For instance, the existence of time is forced to be infinite if we accept that time means things change. Everything can't go from a state of non-change to a state of change without time already existing in the first place, if you know what I mean. So I'd say infinite does exist, but with caveats, if you know what I mean.


I don't know what you mean.


Basically, if time means 'anything changes', time cannot go from exiting to not-existing, as that is a change (it'd be a logical contradiction).

Thus, if time cannot go from existing to non-existing, and it exists now, it means it always has existed. Always is another word for infinite or recursive.

Technically I could do something similar for infinite space, but yeah, essentially you can classify everything as partitions of other things, if you know what I mean.


Go to google search and type Hilbert's Hotel so you can learn why infinites do not exist.


Went to the Wikipedia article. Couldn't convince me, sorry =p.
14214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/13/13 , edited 5/13/13

TAO_Arecibo wrote:

Went to the Wikipedia article. Couldn't convince me, sorry =p.


So, essentially, your argument assumes time exists necessarily. As in, time has always existed. How is this any different then a theist saying that God has always existed?

Saying time exists is a pretty deadly statement for the atheist. So, I'll go ahead and ask. WHERE does time exist?

In regards to the infinite argument. Heres a youtube video. Maybe you do better with visual learning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faQBrAQ87l4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Banned
1789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 5/13/13

TAO_Arecibo wrote:


furytime wrote:

What is going on in this thread. I see a big argument. Let people believe in what they believe in.


People are asking if the pie is a lie. After all, the cake is an old topic.

But yeah, it's a big argument =p. Nothing more, nothing less. That's the way things work concerning hot topics, I guess.


Whoa whoa whoa, let me modify that sentence a bit!!!
Let people believe what they want to believe as long as it doesn't harm anyone. That's what's important. Got too many extremists these days not understanding that.
It's scary
Banned
1789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 5/13/13

Nuclearspy wrote:


TAO_Arecibo wrote:

Went to the Wikipedia article. Couldn't convince me, sorry =p.


So, essentially, your argument assumes time exists necessarily. As in, time has always existed. How is this any different then a theist saying that God has always existed?

Saying time exists is a pretty deadly statement for the atheist. So, I'll go ahead and ask. WHERE does time exist?

In regards to the infinite argument. Heres a youtube video. Maybe you do better with visual learning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faQBrAQ87l4&feature=youtube_gdata_player


Isn't time the measurement of motion? The Sun's motion to be precise?
19218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/13/13
Apatheist.

That is all.
19092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/13/13

Nuclearspy wrote:


TAO_Arecibo wrote:

Went to the Wikipedia article. Couldn't convince me, sorry =p.


So, essentially, your argument assumes time exists necessarily. As in, time has always existed. How is this any different then a theist saying that God has always existed?

Saying time exists is a pretty deadly statement for the atheist. So, I'll go ahead and ask. WHERE does time exist?

In regards to the infinite argument. Heres a youtube video. Maybe you do better with visual learning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faQBrAQ87l4&feature=youtube_gdata_player


Exactly, most would consider time infinite and omniscient, thus many have a belief in time, which is very similar to God, yet some nonbelievers claim God's existence as false for the same reasons.
First  Prev  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.