First  Prev  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  Next  Last
Post Reply are you religious? if so, why?
45423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M & F / New Ameri...
Offline
Posted 5/30/13

zBladerz wrote:


Tman00 wrote:

I know my opinion doesn't matter but I'm one of those people how don't really follow anything, be it science or religion. I believe just to live your life the way you want and not let some books or numbers control with what you believe in, believe in your own experience in life and just go with the flow.


its not about just books its like thousand years ago and this thing still continues and people still doing it,o.O

of cause u can follow ur opinion its ur life anyways u should know where u be going afterlife .and everyone knows theres no such thing as reborn
You believe in being reborn in heaven though. How is that more credible a thought than reborn into the world after you die? Both are unproven myths. And you said you weren't religious. Your spouting stuff about God and accusing people of going to hell because they won't believe the same things you do. Sorry but that's religious. Stop saying contradicting things and start thinking for yourself for once.

9498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/13
I am a Christian who believes that Jesus was the Son of God, lived a sinless life, who died, and raised from the dead on the third day. There is compelling evidence to suggest that Jesus did accomplish all of these things that both Christian and secular scholars agree upon. Really it all comes down to if you choose to accept it or not. I like the fact that no one forced me into believing in Jesus. It was nothing, but grace as it always is. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I tell people about my faith all the time and I have friends who do and do not agree with me. I always tell them that I understand and that I hope that one day they do accept Christ. If not then its there choice plain and simple.

15960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cincinnati
Offline
Posted 5/30/13

bock728 wrote:

I am a Christian who believes that Jesus was the Son of God, lived a sinless life, who died, and raised from the dead on the third day. There is compelling evidence to suggest that Jesus did accomplish all of these things that both Christian and secular scholars agree upon. Really it all comes down to if you choose to accept it or not. I like the fact that no one forced me into believing in Jesus. It was nothing, but grace as it always is. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I tell people about my faith all the time and I have friends who do and do not agree with me. I always tell them that I understand and that I hope that one day they do accept Christ. If not then its there choice plain and simple.



I assume you're talking about the same 'factual' evidence that supports Moses leading all those slaves out of Egypt, huh?

27837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rubbish bin
Offline
Posted 5/30/13

bock728 wrote:

I am a Christian who believes that Jesus was the Son of God, lived a sinless life, who died, and raised from the dead on the third day. There is compelling evidence to suggest that Jesus did accomplish all of these things that both Christian and secular scholars agree upon. Really it all comes down to if you choose to accept it or not. I like the fact that no one forced me into believing in Jesus. It was nothing, but grace as it always is. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I tell people about my faith all the time and I have friends who do and do not agree with me. I always tell them that I understand and that I hope that one day they do accept Christ. If not then its there choice plain and simple.




loll !mmm it doesnt make right? why would god need a son? god is the creator and jesus is the messenger this should be more reasonable do u think? im not christian nor so religious person but why would god have a son, where god wife? Lol!! u need wife to make a son , god can create anything.
8812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Utah, USA
Offline
Posted 5/31/13
I am part of a religion, I practice this religion, but am I religious? I say no mainly because I don't really care about my religion... I mean I believe in what they say and I feel like that it's over all a good thing, but I like to question religion a lot. I see the point to it, and I understand why people are religious, but to me it's mainly just a thing I do when I don't have anything else to do and for some reason I feel spiritual that day. I actually use to not believe in anything like that and I still question god. I mainly practice the more moral codes of a religion (aka be nice to people, and always do your best)
Posted 5/31/13
I find wisdom in some of the scriptures.
687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
EXO Planet
Offline
Posted 6/6/13
I'm full on Buddhist

But we also believe strongly in science

So idk I feel that your statements about religions not believing in science and completely unrealistic are incorrect

You have to remember... they are just stories...
And they didn't have the brain to figure it out scientifically back then...
As they were developing humans...
77 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 6/6/13

zBladerz wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:


zBladerz wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I was born into a family in which they allowed me to pick an option; go to church or not. No one else in my family did, but if I wanted to they were perfectly fine with it. I said no at the young age of 4, because I was lazy and was idolizing my brother at the time.

I'm lucky I have a family who allowed me to pick.

I'm not religious- I'm technically a Roman Catholic, but I don't practice. If I had a choice, I'd go Agnostic. I believe there's some higher power, but I can't believe in just one person when I'm a technical ass who needs rock-hard evidence.

I really don't mind if someone is religious or not, but if they shove either opinion down my throat or others' I have to use all my willpower not to punch them square in the face. :)

I think you should believe in what you want. Believe in Jesus, Allah, etc.? Cool! It's great you've got a faith.
Do you believe in science and/or not Jesus? Cool!

It's silly to fight over it when we have our own lives to worry over.


theres nothing to fight over about it , we should always know we live in a temp world with full of sins everyday and there isonly 1 god. if going to heaven is like 1,2,3 u wont be seeing so many people praying daily etc look at christian they only pray when they need, when they dont u see them at disco or drinking beer because they careless. , look at righteous muslim they have to pray 5 times a day without miss,friday prayer , even they are lazy or not or the door of heaven would not open for them and will end up in hell for temp because they tried and didnt success cause its fair to anothers who prayed hard .fairness


You're starting a fight there, though. I'm fine with you being religious, but please don't try to shove it onto me or any others, thanks. It's great you have a faith, but I don't really believe too much in it. Sorry about that.



lol xD , im not even religions person, im just following the successfull path for my afterlife, im just doing it for the sake for my afterlife cause i do not want to end up in hell forever but why do u get angry cause of the words i said which is true?o.O


you say your not religious person but what you just said contradicts with what u said if your not religious you wouldn't care if someone was Muslim Jewish or even wiccan because it wouldn't matter to you but clearly it dose and to those people who pray five times a day to them having Friday prayer or Sunday mass seems just as odd and unholy as your ideas of there faith. just because u don't agree with it dosnt make any more true or untrue as yours faith as for me im a agnostic I believe that if there is a god/goddess(s) they have had better things to do then care if someone one got in to a heaven, hell, limbo, or purgatory
15092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
No, I'm atheist.
126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
i believe in a higher power but which god is real is not for me to say. im not religious at all but i am spiritual and do believe in higher power and an afterlife i just dont follow any religions rules
20039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

kinzoku9597 wrote:

i believe in a higher power but which god is real is not for me to say. im not religious at all but i am spiritual and do believe in higher power and an afterlife i just dont follow any religions rules


I've known quite a few people with this view. I see it as a first step, but be careful not to use it as a crutch to never actually seek for what you believe in.

Here's why:

So far, you've come to believe that there is a higher being (a God of sorts) and life after death. That's great.
However, by your actions (or inaction), you are showing that higher being (or God) that despite your belief, you choose to entirely ignore Him/Her/It. In essence, you're showing that you have no intention of seeking to know that being, or to know it's will, or any desire to follow it's possible will.

That seems like a dangerous game to play. I would personally council you to not sit on the fence (in the grey area).

It's best that you seek for what you believe in. If it takes all your life to find it, then it would not be a life wasted.
But choosing to do nothing when you believe something is meaningless.

Final recommendation from a fellow person with belief:

Seek until you find. When you find God, seek to know his will and align yours with his.
Be willing to do whatever God asks of you, otherwise how can you expect him to answer you? (that would just be pouring greater condemnation on you. It would be better to have not known at all, than to have it be made known unto you and choose to not follow willingly.)

Great to see so many people interested in the topic.


20039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

DonMoriarty wrote:

Religious fanatics are going to defend their god one way or another, and then you tell them you are agnostic or atheist and ask questions about the bible or god, they get all offended!

If I come to ask a serious question about religion I expect a serious answer. I just want to be more informed on the issues and what might be in the bible that I may agree or disagree with. Some people are ok with being asked questions, but I found that I asked certain types of contemporary mothers/fathers and they got highly offended.


I agree with you, for the most part.

There are so many people that know next to nothing about what they claim to believe in. TBH, it kind of irks me.
I don't expect everyone to know every possible detail, but simply have base understanding:

1. What are your core beliefs?
2. How did you come to believe them? (where did you learn them)
3. You belong to a religion? Great. How did it start? Who started it? How is it organized? etc.
3.1 What is your religions base doctrine and where did it come from?
4. How do you know that what you believe is true?
5. What makes your belief different from all the others?
6. How can I come to know if what you believe is true?

If you can't answer these simply questions, perhaps you shouldn't consider yourself as someone that follows that particular belief system.
--------------------------------------------

On the other side of the coin, don't expect people to answer every question you might ask. Especially when the setting isn't appropriate for such a discussion, or the questions are blatant attempts to undermine that persons belief and are therefore offensive.

On that note, something that irks me to an even greater extent are those people that are "inquiring" about an aspect of my religion. the questions are usually based around a social misconception, and that's fine. But usually the full answer is going to be beyond their current understanding and they haven't taken the necessary prior steps to understanding.

You can't throw a first grader into a calculus class and expect them to understand what is being taught. They must first take the necessary classes over the years in order to gain the knowledge necessary to attain that level. So don't be too presumptuous when a person chooses not to answer every question you might have for them.
6024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
I think identifying yourself as an atheist is a religion in itself, because it means you believe there is no God without proof of its absence. I do not believe either way, so the closest word to summing that up is "agnostic". There is no conclusive proof either way and I simply don't have this thing called "faith" that both theists and atheists alike seem to have in their beliefs.

I live my life for those I can see, hear, smell and/or touch, and if there is a god, I hope it can understand why I cannot acknowledge it based on my fellow human's "faith", who are likely as misguided as I am.
19194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
i'm cant say that i'm religious because i dont go to church anymore.but yes i do believe in god
22561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 6/7/13 , edited 6/7/13

zBladerz wrote:
theres is always something call heaven and hell and only blind people will end up in hell and successful people who keep trying to search for path have chances to go to heaven. because only common sense tells.


That may be what YOU believe, but you have no right to condemn anyone else for not believing as you do. Let people come to their own spiritual conclusions without any judgment from you, because you are no more responsible for their actions than they are for yours. What you are saying here amounts to, "Believe what you want, but you're still wrong and going to hell."

I take issue with those who take their belief and try to use it to bully others into converting out of fear. Make no mistake, you're preaching fear here, not love; it's intolerance, instead of acceptance of the beliefs of others. It's also a grave lack of respect, no pun intended. I'm not attacking what you believe. I am attacking the way you're inflicting it upon others, which you probably wouldn't like if the roles were reversed.
First  Prev  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.