First  Prev  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  Next  Last
Post Reply are you religious? if so, why?
27835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rubbish bin
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

sano16 wrote:


zBladerz wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:


zBladerz wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I was born into a family in which they allowed me to pick an option; go to church or not. No one else in my family did, but if I wanted to they were perfectly fine with it. I said no at the young age of 4, because I was lazy and was idolizing my brother at the time.

I'm lucky I have a family who allowed me to pick.

I'm not religious- I'm technically a Roman Catholic, but I don't practice. If I had a choice, I'd go Agnostic. I believe there's some higher power, but I can't believe in just one person when I'm a technical ass who needs rock-hard evidence.

I really don't mind if someone is religious or not, but if they shove either opinion down my throat or others' I have to use all my willpower not to punch them square in the face. :)

I think you should believe in what you want. Believe in Jesus, Allah, etc.? Cool! It's great you've got a faith.
Do you believe in science and/or not Jesus? Cool!

It's silly to fight over it when we have our own lives to worry over.


theres nothing to fight over about it , we should always know we live in a temp world with full of sins everyday and there isonly 1 god. if going to heaven is like 1,2,3 u wont be seeing so many people praying daily etc look at christian they only pray when they need, when they dont u see them at disco or drinking beer because they careless. , look at righteous muslim they have to pray 5 times a day without miss,friday prayer , even they are lazy or not or the door of heaven would not open for them and will end up in hell for temp because they tried and didnt success cause its fair to anothers who prayed hard .fairness


You're starting a fight there, though. I'm fine with you being religious, but please don't try to shove it onto me or any others, thanks. It's great you have a faith, but I don't really believe too much in it. Sorry about that.



lol xD , im not even religions person, im just following the successfull path for my afterlife, im just doing it for the sake for my afterlife cause i do not want to end up in hell forever but why do u get angry cause of the words i said which is true?o.O


you say your not religious person but what you just said contradicts with what u said if your not religious you wouldn't care if someone was Muslim Jewish or even wiccan because it wouldn't matter to you but clearly it dose and to those people who pray five times a day to them having Friday prayer or Sunday mass seems just as odd and unholy as your ideas of there faith. just because u don't agree with it dosnt make any more true or untrue as yours faith as for me im a agnostic I believe that if there is a god/goddess(s) they have had better things to do then care if someone one got in to a heaven, hell, limbo, or purgatory



so what if they had things to do? but theres is always something call heaven and hell but not limbo or purgatory and only blind people will end up in hell and successful people= (poor, rich, stupid, clever, handicap, more..) will keep trying to search for the path and do thier best to show them self they deserve to go to heaven and going to heaven is not 100% , cause the best he can do is normal for the rest of the people.

27835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rubbish bin
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

Spazticus wrote:


zBladerz wrote:
theres is always something call heaven and hell and only blind people will end up in hell and successful people who keep trying to search for path have chances to go to heaven. because only common sense tells.


That may be what YOU believe, but you have no right to condemn anyone else for not believing as you do. Let people come to their own spiritual conclusions without any judgment from you, because you are no more responsible for their actions than they are for yours. What you are saying here amounts to, "Believe what you want, but you're still wrong and going to hell."

I take issue with those who take their belief and try to use it to bully others into converting out of fear. Make no mistake, you're preaching fear here, not love; it's intolerance, instead of acceptance of the beliefs of others. It's also a grave lack of respect, no pun intended. I'm not attacking what you believe. I am attacking the way you're inflicting it upon others, which you probably wouldn't like if the roles were reversed.


its disappointing to see someone talking that make no sense and people will believe what they talking about ,etc there no god and i will be reborn afterwards and i will become ants muahahah!

u know people may believe in this such think so nobody cares about this while mine they do
27835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rubbish bin
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

ewbryant wrote:


kinzoku9597 wrote:

i believe in a higher power but which god is real is not for me to say. im not religious at all but i am spiritual and do believe in higher power and an afterlife i just dont follow any religions rules


I've known quite a few people with this view. I see it as a first step, but be careful not to use it as a crutch to never actually seek for what you believe in.

Here's why:

So far, you've come to believe that there is a higher being (a God of sorts) and life after death. That's great.
However, by your actions (or inaction), you are showing that higher being (or God) that despite your belief, you choose to entirely ignore Him/Her/It. In essence, you're showing that you have no intention of seeking to know that being, or to know it's will, or any desire to follow it's possible will.

That seems like a dangerous game to play. I would personally council you to not sit on the fence (in the grey area).

It's best that you seek for what you believe in. If it takes all your life to find it, then it would not be a life wasted.
But choosing to do nothing when you believe something is meaningless.

Final recommendation from a fellow person with belief:

Seek until you find. When you find God, seek to know his will and align yours with his.
Be willing to do whatever God asks of you, otherwise how can you expect him to answer you? (that would just be pouring greater condemnation on you. It would be better to have not known at all, than to have it be made known unto you and choose to not follow willingly.)

Great to see so many people interested in the topic.





ur words are meaningful to those who are so far away
2342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / Morioh-cho
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
Im not a religious man, but im no atheist either. I believe in some higher power up there that just doesn't give a doodle to some people while favoring others. Some cosmic entity perhaps? The one we call god? I don't know.

I never really get into the whole religious talk,and i may never will, but i like imagining some greater being or beings in some trans-dimensional plane of existence watching us from some big TV laughing and/or crying at our expense.
25563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

zBladerz wrote:
its disappointing to see someone talking that make no sense and people will believe what they talking about ,etc there no god and i will be reborn afterwards and i will become ants muahahah!

u know people may believe in this such think so nobody cares about this while mine they do


Belief matters, at least to the person who believes it, so you're quite wrong on that. What makes your faith any more valid than that of anyone else? Not a thing, except that you arrogantly decide it is. I'm not telling you what to believe. I'm not telling you my belief is better than your belief. I'm saying that you have no right to claim moral superiority over anyone else, and you do not have a monopoly on faith.

As far as atheism is concerned, there is a spectrum of belief (or disbelief) which can range from agnosticism to atheism, and they are different. But the thing that ties them both together is that the reason for that belief, or lack of it, is that there is no conclusive evidence in favor of a single belief system. If there were conclusive evidence, that would be proof, and then we would believe. It's only logical to believe, if the evidence to support that belief is present, right? If I were to see Jesus walking around today, healing the sick and feeding the poor, I'd have to conclude that he is real; unless that happens, I don't have enough evidence (and for me, the bible alone is not conclusive evidence) to believe.

Some of us need more than just blind faith, or others telling us what to believe. We approach the facts as given, and then come to a conclusion. We don't come to a conclusion first, and only then try to find facts to support it. The latter requires faith, while the former does not. See the difference?
hoi1ma 
47063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / MA
Offline
Posted 6/7/13 , edited 6/7/13
religion plays little to no role in human progression, if anything, it held humanity back collectively of at least a millennium and thats one religion alone, all these religion insisted their followers to stop seeking improvement and that their text covers the life, the universe, and everything and are absolute. they feel no need to improve their way of life featuring lack of clean water, lower life expectancy, and no electricity.
if you are reading this, you are probably enjoying many of these inventors fruit of labor that religion once deem heretic, each and every one of them. imagine if religion succeeded suppressing the research that result the comfortable life we take granted for, how are you suppose enjoy the internet otherwise. if segregation remains with their argument of bible "says so", would anime be mainstream in western world? if thats not the real danger i dont know what is.

btw, individuals who follows no religion and are not ruling out the existence of higher being is called an agnostic or something. please reply with the right term, i am sure there is a better term for this.
3520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
I used to be a christian. Now I'm an atheist.
Because I started to become at least somewhat scientifically literate.
27835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rubbish bin
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

Spazticus wrote:


zBladerz wrote:
its disappointing to see someone talking that make no sense and people will believe what they talking about ,etc there no god and i will be reborn afterwards and i will become ants muahahah!

u know people may believe in this such think so nobody cares about this while mine they do


Belief matters, at least to the person who believes it, so you're quite wrong on that. What makes your faith any more valid than that of anyone else? Not a thing, except that you arrogantly decide it is. I'm not telling you what to believe. I'm not telling you my belief is better than your belief. I'm saying that you have no right to claim moral superiority over anyone else, and you do not have a monopoly on faith.

As far as atheism is concerned, there is a spectrum of belief (or disbelief) which can range from agnosticism to atheism, and they are different. But the thing that ties them both together is that the reason for that belief, or lack of it, is that there is no conclusive evidence in favor of a single belief system. If there were conclusive evidence, that would be proof, and then we would believe. It's only logical to believe, if the evidence to support that belief is present, right? If I were to see Jesus walking around today, healing the sick and feeding the poor, I'd have to conclude that he is real; unless that happens, I don't have enough evidence (and for me, the bible alone is not conclusive evidence) to believe.

Some of us need more than just blind faith, or others telling us what to believe. We approach the facts as given, and then come to a conclusion. We don't come to a conclusion first, and only then try to find facts to support it. The latter requires faith, while the former does not. See the difference?


jesus is not god btw hes a messenger , some people still belief this kind of non common sense thing ,and the evidence is everywhere cant u see who create sun? earth ,rain ,food , human,? who will u believe? a science or believe that god is the one create ,which is more relistic answer o.O ? and finding the truth to a successful path is not coming from rich ,poor ,clever, stupid, and watever but trying thier best to find one then that when the miracle will find it for u the path .does it make sense?
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

zBladerz wrote:


sano16 wrote:


zBladerz wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:


zBladerz wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I was born into a family in which they allowed me to pick an option; go to church or not. No one else in my family did, but if I wanted to they were perfectly fine with it. I said no at the young age of 4, because I was lazy and was idolizing my brother at the time.

I'm lucky I have a family who allowed me to pick.

I'm not religious- I'm technically a Roman Catholic, but I don't practice. If I had a choice, I'd go Agnostic. I believe there's some higher power, but I can't believe in just one person when I'm a technical ass who needs rock-hard evidence.

I really don't mind if someone is religious or not, but if they shove either opinion down my throat or others' I have to use all my willpower not to punch them square in the face. :)

I think you should believe in what you want. Believe in Jesus, Allah, etc.? Cool! It's great you've got a faith.
Do you believe in science and/or not Jesus? Cool!

It's silly to fight over it when we have our own lives to worry over.


theres nothing to fight over about it , we should always know we live in a temp world with full of sins everyday and there isonly 1 god. if going to heaven is like 1,2,3 u wont be seeing so many people praying daily etc look at christian they only pray when they need, when they dont u see them at disco or drinking beer because they careless. , look at righteous muslim they have to pray 5 times a day without miss,friday prayer , even they are lazy or not or the door of heaven would not open for them and will end up in hell for temp because they tried and didnt success cause its fair to anothers who prayed hard .fairness


You're starting a fight there, though. I'm fine with you being religious, but please don't try to shove it onto me or any others, thanks. It's great you have a faith, but I don't really believe too much in it. Sorry about that.



lol xD , im not even religions person, im just following the successfull path for my afterlife, im just doing it for the sake for my afterlife cause i do not want to end up in hell forever but why do u get angry cause of the words i said which is true?o.O


you say your not religious person but what you just said contradicts with what u said if your not religious you wouldn't care if someone was Muslim Jewish or even wiccan because it wouldn't matter to you but clearly it dose and to those people who pray five times a day to them having Friday prayer or Sunday mass seems just as odd and unholy as your ideas of there faith. just because u don't agree with it dosnt make any more true or untrue as yours faith as for me im a agnostic I believe that if there is a god/goddess(s) they have had better things to do then care if someone one got in to a heaven, hell, limbo, or purgatory



so what if they had things to do? but theres is always something call heaven and hell but not limbo or purgatory and only blind people will end up in hell and successful people= (poor, rich, stupid, clever, handicap, more..) will keep trying to search for the path and do thier best to show them self they deserve to go to heaven and going to heaven is not 100% , cause the best he can do is normal for the rest of the people.


So what if a Christian had other things to do besides to go to Sunday mass they do the same as u plan there day around there faith and you can only guess if limbo and purgatory are real just like u can only guess heaven and hell are real and not some cruel joke someone desided to play out of boredom even the rules might be different from what you think they which is y I can't practice a faith (besides most being stacked agenst me in someway)) which is also y I personally could care less where I end up if any place when I kick it
27835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rubbish bin
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

sano16 wrote:


zBladerz wrote:


sano16 wrote:


zBladerz wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:


zBladerz wrote:


BeanWantaBurger wrote:

I was born into a family in which they allowed me to pick an option; go to church or not. No one else in my family did, but if I wanted to they were perfectly fine with it. I said no at the young age of 4, because I was lazy and was idolizing my brother at the time.

I'm lucky I have a family who allowed me to pick.

I'm not religious- I'm technically a Roman Catholic, but I don't practice. If I had a choice, I'd go Agnostic. I believe there's some higher power, but I can't believe in just one person when I'm a technical ass who needs rock-hard evidence.

I really don't mind if someone is religious or not, but if they shove either opinion down my throat or others' I have to use all my willpower not to punch them square in the face. :)

I think you should believe in what you want. Believe in Jesus, Allah, etc.? Cool! It's great you've got a faith.
Do you believe in science and/or not Jesus? Cool!

It's silly to fight over it when we have our own lives to worry over.


theres nothing to fight over about it , we should always know we live in a temp world with full of sins everyday and there isonly 1 god. if going to heaven is like 1,2,3 u wont be seeing so many people praying daily etc look at christian they only pray when they need, when they dont u see them at disco or drinking beer because they careless. , look at righteous muslim they have to pray 5 times a day without miss,friday prayer , even they are lazy or not or the door of heaven would not open for them and will end up in hell for temp because they tried and didnt success cause its fair to anothers who prayed hard .fairness


You're starting a fight there, though. I'm fine with you being religious, but please don't try to shove it onto me or any others, thanks. It's great you have a faith, but I don't really believe too much in it. Sorry about that.



lol xD , im not even religions person, im just following the successfull path for my afterlife, im just doing it for the sake for my afterlife cause i do not want to end up in hell forever but why do u get angry cause of the words i said which is true?o.O


you say your not religious person but what you just said contradicts with what u said if your not religious you wouldn't care if someone was Muslim Jewish or even wiccan because it wouldn't matter to you but clearly it dose and to those people who pray five times a day to them having Friday prayer or Sunday mass seems just as odd and unholy as your ideas of there faith. just because u don't agree with it dosnt make any more true or untrue as yours faith as for me im a agnostic I believe that if there is a god/goddess(s) they have had better things to do then care if someone one got in to a heaven, hell, limbo, or purgatory



so what if they had things to do? but theres is always something call heaven and hell but not limbo or purgatory and only blind people will end up in hell and successful people= (poor, rich, stupid, clever, handicap, more..) will keep trying to search for the path and do thier best to show them self they deserve to go to heaven and going to heaven is not 100% , cause the best he can do is normal for the rest of the people.


So what if a Christian had other things to do besides to go to Sunday mass they do the same as u plan there day around there faith and you can only guess if limbo and purgatory are real just like u can only guess heaven and hell are real and not some cruel joke someone desided to play out of boredom even the rules might be different from what you think they which is y I can't practice a faith (besides most being stacked agenst me in someway)) which is also y I personally could care less where I end up if any place when I kick it


thats the reason, u can always pick a choices ,regret for not going and not fearing god or dont give a sandwich and walk away and make god is a part time job, , so u go church and pray once a week as christian?
9138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
Not a bit. I have faith in myself and those around me. Holy books are still books to me, someone who may or may not have believed what was in them wrote them. There are those who feel the need to believe in something higher, to believe that there's something after death to look forward to, and that someone is watching out for them on a higher plane. I'm not one of those people. I'm atheist/agnostic, although I do believe in reincarnation. I just follow my own strict morals and make myself responsible for my life, rather than worrying about what's 'destined' or whatever. And it pisses me off when someone uses their faith as an excuse, no matter why. Or when people say they never expected bad things from someone because they went to church a lot and stuff.
27835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rubbish bin
Offline
Posted 6/7/13

NatakeErru wrote:

Not a bit. I have faith in myself and those around me. Holy books are still books to me, someone who may or may not have believed what was in them wrote them. There are those who feel the need to believe in something higher, to believe that there's something after death to look forward to, and that someone is watching out for them on a higher plane. I'm not one of those people. I'm atheist/agnostic, although I do believe in reincarnation. I just follow my own strict morals and make myself responsible for my life, rather than worrying about what's 'destined' or whatever. And it pisses me off when someone uses their faith as an excuse, no matter why. Or when people say they never expected bad things from someone because they went to church a lot and stuff.


we are human we the most weakest and do sins even how many times we pray , so sins will always there and how does praying onces a month and thinking that god will forgive Lol and i am not even christian ,
3642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Asia, Earth. :]
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
I don't consider myself as a very religious person but one thing I'm sure of, I believe in God. I don't think I need a reason to doubt Him. Call me hypocrite, who cares? The thoughts of Him makes me complete and make me feel more humane; and right now, that all what's matter to me.
God bless you all.
Posted 6/7/13
I was born and raised as a catholic. During high school I started doubting. I'm not sure what I am but I believe there is someone "God" out there. I really don't agree in alot of things the church has to say or what practices they believe in. I am also a believer in science evolution as well. But I don't disrespect others who believe in what they believe in. Isn't there the saying if you believe in god then you believe in the devil or something like that. I haven't been to church service in years but last Monday I had to attend a private school graduation and I felt very uncomfortable being there, still not sure why. Either way people believe in what they are raised into or what they choose to believe in.
13035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

mynameismariel wrote:

I was born and raised as a catholic. During high school I started doubting. I'm not sure what I am but I believe there is someone "God" out there. I really don't agree in alot of things the church has to say or what practices they believe in. I am also a believer in science evolution as well. But I don't disrespect others who believe in what they believe in. Isn't there the saying if you believe in god then you believe in the devil or something like that. I haven't been to church service in years but last Monday I had to attend a private school graduation and I felt very uncomfortable being there, still not sure why. Either way people believe in what they are raised into or what they choose to believe in.


im curious about your experience at that private school ceremony. why did you feel uncomfortable, and why did you feel it related to the subject?
First  Prev  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.