First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Do you think a anime is produced to help the manga?
1375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / 松本潤
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
good question!
54266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
Anime is created to make money. The anime company usually has nothing to do with the manga publishers or manga-ka. They decide to adapt a manga because they think it will make a good anime. Meaning a popular anime that will earn them lots of money.

The reason why permission is given to make the anime though...might be to make the manga more popular. But really, anime is made independently of manga.
1089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Underground.
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

demonfoxx wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Anime exists to further profit from an already profitable manga.


exactly



I agree except i think its because a lot of people would prefer an anime compared to a manga i like both lol
1873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / u.k
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
no it is an add on for fans its like a movie of a comic .
1207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Some PLace On Earth
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

demonfoxx wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Anime exists to further profit from an already profitable manga.


exactly




I agree too
360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Austria
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
I think it depends on the anime or manga.
for example 100% Ichigo the anime has to be a advertisement
for the manga because manga is defnitley longer than the anime
But Naruto or Bleach or One Piece or DBZ or Detective Conan is
the other way round. The manga is shorter than the anime and to
the animes there are films or even fillers like in naruto sooo
I think it is the better way to produce more animation than manga
because the manga you have image+text but anime animations+music+
snycron. and and and SOOOO jepjep
114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

FuyuMaiden wrote:

Anime is created to make money. The anime company usually has nothing to do with the manga publishers or manga-ka. They decide to adapt a manga because they think it will make a good anime. Meaning a popular anime that will earn them lots of money.

The reason why permission is given to make the anime though...might be to make the manga more popular. But really, anime is made independently of manga.


yep yep 2 different groups.

But from what I remember (heard from someone), there is a ranking system in the manga artist world, almost like that of soldiers. Having your manga converted into an anime is like an upgrade in rank. I think drama is an even higher rank. It's suppose to be an honour though. Supposedly if there's no signs of an anime offer by the 6-8th book, there probably wouldn't be any offers in the future as well.

But that was years ago and currently there are so many routes and anime studios, that i'm not sure if this is still true.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
There's a common misunderstanding through this thread - many seem to think that all anime are based off manga. This is not true. Gundam, Escaflowne, and Cowboy Bebop are all excellent examples of such.

But when a manga is made into an anime, obviously it's to make more money. However, I don't think anime endings are made ambiguous to make fans interested in the manga - I think it's more that the animators leave themselves an opening to create a sequel if it's popular. It's the same with a lot of movies - they don't want to have a conclusive end just in case it's a box office hit and they can make more money off the story with a sequel.
2872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
If they have a popular manga out and is making a ton of money, of course an anime would be produced so they can make even more money. Some popular mangas probably can't do it right off the bat though.
114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 4/10/08

nookz wrote:

I think it depends on the anime or manga.
for example 100% Ichigo the anime has to be a advertisement
for the manga because manga is defnitley longer than the anime
But Naruto or Bleach or One Piece or DBZ or Detective Conan is
the other way round. The manga is shorter than the anime and to
the animes there are films or even fillers like in naruto sooo
I think it is the better way to produce more animation than manga
because the manga you have image+text but anime animations+music+
snycron. and and and SOOOO jepjep


the length of the anime vs manga has absolutely nothing to do with anything. All it represents is how profitable the anime studios think it is. Long running series are stories that are profitable that's why it's long running. think american dramas here like CSI, that runs season after season until the ratings drop.

Animations are good because the manga was properly conceptualised, an the artist knows where they are moving forward. The anime usually runs into problems when the production company decide to add fillers, but have no idea where the artist is moving the story to. I was completely bored by the 'vampire' story in bleach. It has absolutely no meaning at all, and doesn't add to the story at all.

Why do they do it you ask? To keep the series running so they can make money out of it.

Let me put it this way, the manga artist are 'artist' they do so for the love of it, to fulfill a dream. Anime producers are the business man, they make money out of it. you just have to see who's doing all the sueing and it should be obvious. There's a big market of doujinshi's out in japan, but you don't see the artist sueing do you? doujins themselves are a copyright infringment.
4166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Who wants to know...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
I don't know? .-. People have different reasons for doing things... .__.
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
shit yeah if not it sure as hell will be in the near future. Is all about money kids!
Posted 4/10/08
no but, they want more rep for the story but they get more money with the anime sooo, I say no.
Posted 4/10/08
its the opposite
2660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / home to friday th...
Offline
Posted 4/10/08
i have no idea but i know i read manga just to get a little more out of the anime exapmles.......

Garvitation
Loveless
Gokusen
Fruits Baskets
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.