First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Spice and Wolf
70677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 8/9/12

Zensunni wrote:
their relationship is one of the most realistic in terms of its development, pace, and believablity despite the fact that one of them is an ancient harvest goddess with wolf ears and a tail!



Totally agree with this! HoloXLawrence is a couple that kind of snuck up on me and by the second season was deeply invested in their relationship and actions.

The whole anime was just a nice break from "action! action! action!" and revolving everything around business practices and dealings was just perfect.
21503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/9/12

funnyginsan wrote:


Zensunni wrote:
their relationship is one of the most realistic in terms of its development, pace, and believablity despite the fact that one of them is an ancient harvest goddess with wolf ears and a tail!



Totally agree with this! HoloXLawrence is a couple that kind of snuck up on me and by the second season was deeply invested in their relationship and actions.

The whole anime was just a nice break from "action! action! action!" and revolving everything around business practices and dealings was just perfect.


I also completely agree. The banter that was traded between them was pure gold. They would just look at eachother and it was worth more then any words they could use. There chemistry on screen would make any hollywood script writer proud.
The Wise Wizard
76417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/9/12

AnimeKami wrote:

doesn't netflix only have dubbeds?

There are some anime they stream that are subbed, but the vast majority are indeed dubs.

48805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 8/9/12

SoTa_PoP wrote:


funnyginsan wrote:


Zensunni wrote:
their relationship is one of the most realistic in terms of its development, pace, and believablity despite the fact that one of them is an ancient harvest goddess with wolf ears and a tail!



Totally agree with this! HoloXLawrence is a couple that kind of snuck up on me and by the second season was deeply invested in their relationship and actions.

The whole anime was just a nice break from "action! action! action!" and revolving everything around business practices and dealings was just perfect.


I also completely agree. The banter that was traded between them was pure gold. They would just look at eachother and it was worth more then any words they could use. There chemistry on screen would make any hollywood script writer proud.


The natural progression from travelling companions due to convenience, to admiration and partnership in business, to playful teasing, to acknowledgement and confession of love is done so much better than just about any show I can think of, anime or not. Far too often the relationship goes from zero to love in the blink of an eye. While I believe that "love at first sight" can happen (heck, it happened to me) that is not the same thing as the depth of love that makes you want to stay with someone and be by their side, come what may, making their dreams your own and entrusting your dreams to their care. That is where Spice and Wolf shines!
Posted 8/10/12
What i like about the "Spice and Wolf" series, is the harmony in it. It's so peaceful but yet interesting, like a journey.
Glad to hear people like this aswell
21503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/10/12
I'm also glad to see so much love for this series. If only they'd make a season 3 instead of that queens blade/spice and wolf mix.
61171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/10/12
All in all, Spice & Wolf is a serious look at mature relationship. We get to see all the ups & downs of a "real" relationship. There are very few anime that do this--it's either slapstick or harem for the most part--so when a show like this comes around, I appreciate it all the more.
9086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/10/12
Netflix has a lot of subbed Naruto. Most else is dubbed, which in some cases isn't that bad for me. It is bad in the case of Corpse Princess because the main character sounds like a prepubescent scrub with no interest for the role, and maybe Speed Grapher...just because I can't imagine the voices being better than the original at all, because Saiga's voice was just so right.
41735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Reno, NV, USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/12
I'd love the anime to continue, but with no word of anything anytime soon, if ever, I've taken to buying and reading the light novels as they get released, though with only six of seventeen of them out so far, it's going to be a while before I see how it all ends.
21503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/10/12

sushipath wrote:

I'd love the anime to continue, but with no word of anything anytime soon, if ever, I've taken to buying and reading the light novels as they get released, though with only six of seventeen of them out so far, it's going to be a while before I see how it all ends.


I've subscribed to the fan sub copy, they're at 11. I forgot the site, but if you google around you'll find a forum where you only need to post your email to receive copies. They work on it daily and ask for donation lol
1886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / NY, USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/12
Spice and wold was good.
I absoluteely loved the opening song.
I liked Holo but Kraft got kinda boring. Overall a good show.
66790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 8/10/12
I'd like the read the novels (not to be confused with the manga) to this series, someday.
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 8/10/12
Spice and Wolf, anime-wise, was good. I don't mind if they don't make more seasons because the way I see it at least it got an anime adaptation. By the way, are light novels really popular now or?
62154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/10/12
Jun "Lelouch" Fukuyama was Lawrence and Ami "Kallen" Koshimizu was Holo and likely were picked for this couple since Lelouch and Kallen had so much romantic vibes/sexual tension in Code Geass.

Koshimizu goes from playing a wolf goddess that a man is in love with to playing the titular Himari (who, indeed, is busty) in Omamori HImari. With Himari, she plays a cat spirit that clearly the main guy wants to bone. I'm trying to say that she played characters that would involve the respective sex slang for dog/cat.
48805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 8/10/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:

Spice and Wolf, anime-wise, was good. I don't mind if they don't make more seasons because the way I see it at least it got an anime adaptation. By the way, are light novels really popular now or?


The novels are completed in Japan. I don't know what their sales figures were like, but the author has completed the story. Yen Press is publishing them here in the US. Volume 6 came out in June. (I need to pick that up sometime...)
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.