First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
When did you realize there was no invisible man in the sky?
Posted 8/11/12
When did you realize there was no invisible man in the sky?
13564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/11/12

powertroller wrote:

When did you realize there was no invisible man in the sky?


When I was seven and my 2nd grade class watched a live news broadcast where all the astronauts on the shuttle Discovery were burned alive. It included the first school teacher in space, so our public school teachers were really into hyping the launch. I remember being extremely excited about it. I even prayed for them to be safe, though, being seven I also prayed they would find something awesome, like an old broken UFO... Later it was explained to us that the reason everyone was killed, including that nice teacher with the happy family, was the result of a simple valve seal. It had failed due to shrinkage from the cold temperatures that morning, which lead to a series of catastrophic events. It was at that point I realized there's no caretaker. We are directly responsible for everything in life, from driving a car to piloting a shuttle -- it all succeeds based on the quality of our efforts and the slightest miscalculation can spell our doom.
Posted 8/16/12
I've never once believed that there ever was. Funnily enough I did believed in Santa more.
Posted 8/17/12
when goku went super saiyan 5
Posted 8/17/12

Naicisum wrote:

I've never once believed that there ever was. Funnily enough I did believed in Santa more.


oh yeah same here , every Christmas i always watch over the window hoping that santa would come .
and yet to fail to stay up late .


17189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
wow, a title that bitches
29765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / US of A
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
When I looked up and saw nothing. But then again, he's invisible!
55213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

MokaForTheWin wrote:

when goku went super saiyan 5


HAHA, Lovely.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 8/17/12 , edited 8/17/12

powertroller wrote:

When did you realize there was no invisible man in the sky?


Really? Then you are deceived. Your eyes are shut. I'll ask you one question, Is absence of proof the proof of absence?
55213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

popcornpuffs wrote:


powertroller wrote:

When did you realize there was no invisible man in the sky?


Really? Then you are deceived. Your eyes are shut. I'll ask you one question, Is absence of proof the proof of absence?


Is absence of the subject deceit or is deceit the absence of the subject? No analogy or logic can be used to Prove the existence of "the invisible man" because it can also be used to disprove it. Thus such a statement is not only pointless but doesn't actually help your point, as that statement is easily used to prove and justify what many zealots would see as harmful to the "invisible man" concept.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

FacelessRed wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:


powertroller wrote:

When did you realize there was no invisible man in the sky?


Really? Then you are deceived. Your eyes are shut. I'll ask you one question, Is absence of proof the proof of absence?


Is absence of the subject deceit or is deceit the absence of the subject? No analogy or logic can be used to Prove the existence of "the invisible man" because it can also be used to disprove it. Thus such a statement is not only pointless but doesn't actually help your point, as that statement is easily used to prove and justify what many zealots would see as harmful to the "invisible man" concept.


Is still funny how people cannot see God existence. Creation is 100% proof that there was a creator. Lifes design is far too complicated. All your need is EYES to SEE and a BRAIN that WORK. His cosmic blueprints sing.
28941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
No one believes its just a world wide trolling attempt for the Lolz.
Posted 8/17/12
Invisible man in the sky? I've never heard such a term... I did stop believing Santa when my Mom explained it to me when I was 9.
39672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / District of Colombia
Online
Posted 8/17/12
Without sounding like a Zealot I would venture to say I never stopped believing. However faith is a tricky thing, those without it want those with it to prove it, and those with it want those without to just accept it.

Problem is with things like the G.I.F.T. people just let their base instincts out. Actual intellectual discourse are hard to come by and the discussions of faith quickly degenerate into shouting matches between differing ideas.

While I never stopped believing I will say this; I gave up on religion when I was told that my Uncle would not get into Heaven because he was Gay. He was a good man and he deserved better than what he got. In my heart I knew that the Priest was wrong and that was enough...
13564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

popcornpuffs wrote:

Is still funny how people cannot see God existence. Creation is 100% proof that there was a creator. Lifes design is far too complicated. All your need is EYES to SEE and a BRAIN that WORK. His cosmic blueprints sing.


The design is too complicated........ Too complicated to......what?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.