First  Prev  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next  Last
Post Reply Design your own Sword Art Online avatar ~ ! Win AMAZING PRIZES.
27493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New Hampshire
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

TurboTaco wrote:

@teenswagmaster: It doesn't have to be anime style. It can be whatever style you prefer as long as its fits the criteria of the contest.

@Maxmattsmith: Although I think the how "injustice" and "biasesness towards the technological stuff incline" (my words not yours) of the contest is kind of being blown out of proportion, I do see your point in how it still excludes some people from entering. But you do realize that in this day in age, its getting more and more rare for someone NOT to have a type of method for digital means of posting images and transferring physical media to digital one way or another. CR and most sites just go with what a good majority of what their fans have access to. Maybe CR needs to do a poll to get a real head count but you can't blame CR for assuming that most people with internet access and hardware strong enough for stream or the money to get a device that can stream in general, would also have some method to post digital whether it be a scanner or curde phone or digital camera photo. People who can't draw or just too embarrassed by their drawings are in the same spot you are. They are probably wishing the contest required something else. But hey, that is the general nature of contests at times: Requirements. Lately SailorBee just tends to reach out towards the fan artist community.

But if you want help here. Draw your image. Get a USB flash drive ($5 - $20), take your picture to a Wal-Mart or printing shop, have them copy the image and transfer it to your flash drive. IF somehow your laptop/computer doesn't even have a USB port then head to your local library or computer cafe and use their computers to post your image. If you REALLY want to enter then that's your only way right now short of buying a cheap printer/scanner for like $50 - 60.


it's A money issue not everyone can have their mommy and daddy buy them what ever they want. I am not "technological stuff incline" just because I can't afford that stuff and When I was in school we focused on typing not digital drawing so I'm not good at that stuff like you tweens are. I work for a living I don't have my parents pay my bills and buy my food. Don't insult me because I don't own what you do. This is exactly why I am against this type of contest. You are just proving my point by calling my "technological stuff incline" for not owning a scanner. Drawing images with a mouse is not a technological need to know. I know more about computers then most people in my town. I have had people come to me for advice for computer issues. Do not judge me based on my possessions not everyone is born with a with a silver spoon in their mouth or given the same opportunities. My walmart doesn't offer that service there are no computer cafes in my state. I can't afford a to spend $50-60 on a printer that I would hardly use. I hate how you people think everyone can spend money on a whim.
5247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
New york.
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

Maxmattsmith wrote:


TurboTaco wrote:

@teenswagmaster: It doesn't have to be anime style. It can be whatever style you prefer as long as its fits the criteria of the contest.

@Maxmattsmith: Although I think the how "injustice" and "biasesness towards the technological stuff incline" (my words not yours) of the contest is kind of being blown out of proportion, I do see your point in how it still excludes some people from entering. But you do realize that in this day in age, its getting more and more rare for someone NOT to have a type of method for digital means of posting images and transferring physical media to digital one way or another. CR and most sites just go with what a good majority of what their fans have access to. Maybe CR needs to do a poll to get a real head count but you can't blame CR for assuming that most people with internet access and hardware strong enough for stream or the money to get a device that can stream in general, would also have some method to post digital whether it be a scanner or curde phone or digital camera photo. People who can't draw or just too embarrassed by their drawings are in the same spot you are. They are probably wishing the contest required something else. But hey, that is the general nature of contests at times: Requirements. Lately SailorBee just tends to reach out towards the fan artist community.

But if you want help here. Draw your image. Get a USB flash drive ($5 - $20), take your picture to a Wal-Mart or printing shop, have them copy the image and transfer it to your flash drive. IF somehow your laptop/computer doesn't even have a USB port then head to your local library or computer cafe and use their computers to post your image. If you REALLY want to enter then that's your only way right now short of buying a cheap printer/scanner for like $50 - 60.


it's A money issue not everyone can have their mommy and daddy buy them what ever they want. I am not "technological stuff incline" just because I can't afford that stuff and When I was in school we focused on typing not digital drawing so I'm not good at that stuff like you tweens are. I work for a living I don't have my parents pay my bills and buy my food. Don't insult me because I don't own what you do. This is exactly why I am against this type of contest. You are just proving my point by calling my "technological stuff incline" for not owning a scanner. Drawing images with a mouse is not a technological need to know. I know more about computers then most people in my town. I have had people come to me for advice for computer issues. Do not judge me based on my possessions not everyone is born with a with a silver spoon in their mouth or given the same opportunities. My walmart doesn't offer that service there are no computer cafes in my state. I can't afford a to spend $50-60 on a printer that I would hardly use. I hate how you people think everyone can spend money on a whim.


Hey there buddy, calm down. =[

I can tell you put allot of emotion into that last reply. Don't worry so much about the contest. Maybe the next one will suite you more. Until then you & everyone ells arguing should just drop this exchange. I don't mean to tell you what to do but you sounded really bothered in that last reply..
101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
sounds interesting ^^
19242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Silver Cross Academy
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
Things are getting heated around here.
51896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 8/27/12 , edited 8/27/12
@Maxmattsmith:
I never realised the term "technological stuff incline" was an offensive term that would make someone rage... sorry. I never insulted you. However you choose to read something is up to you but I never insulted you outside of I think you might be raging a bit more then the situation is really putting you in. Even then I acknowleged the legitimacy of your argument and just pointed out that its not unusual that other people find it unsual now a days that people don't have access one or another to upload media. To be taking the stance that people are being openly biase and judging you over your lack of things is why I have, maybe others, have said your are overreacting and if we are judging anything, its your attitude. Not the fact you don't own something. Please realize that.

HELPFUL SUGGESTION WARNING!!:
If your wal-mart has a grocery store, it has a photo section that has those services either via emailing you the image or burning them onto a CD or media source. Libraries have computers with USB ports for flash drives and are generally free to use. If your on a laptop that you bought with your own money, you can somehow scrouge for a cheap wal-mart brand printer/scanner. Get 1 less extra value meal or case of beer or coffee for few weeks and you saved enough. May also have a "sliver spoon" friend. Ask them for help. In fact, just try asking someone around you for help. You may be surprised.

HELPFUL SUGGESTION WARNING!! END.

MY FAMILY is not that technological in terms of all of the bells and whistles. We actually still rely on PAPER to print stuff on for work, school, maps, etc etc. The future is moving AWAY from paper ironically even though you seem to be saying otherwise with people owning that fancy new copy machine thingies that we do. Even then we don't use it all the time but its used, its there for convience when we finally do need it, and its still works for being so cheap meaning its has less shelf life. Please do judge me because I work hard to support my family that I felt the convienance of printer/scanner for my family outweighed the fact we wouldn't use it all that much and that at the time of purchase, I still felt it was stupid of me to spend that money on something we would barely use but now don't regret it cause as long as it still works, its investment continues to grow over time.

Again, jumping to conclusions on my upbringing and life status when I never commented on yours is another reason I now judge you. Not because of your material status. It's because of your attitude after I just tried to bring up a point to your argument and offered an option as will as just presenting the fact of the matter that sometimes, CONTESTS can exclude a level of particapation through certain REQUIREMENTS. Doesn't mean you CAN'T participate. Just means that your ability to, may be more difficult then others. Like me and running a marathon or race. Doesn't mean I can't enter it. Just means my odds of doing so and doing well is less likely cause I'm a fatty. But like this contest, if I really wanted to enter the race, I'd find a way. And in the future don't judge my family because I want to make things a little easier for them too. I love my family and want to show it from time to time. We didn't have money either, my parents even less then. My parents before me worked hard to make life easier for us and I will not have some 20-ish nothing who thinks he knows everything and is "working or living life harder then anyone else" berate their acts of love. Fucking do something with your life if your so piss right now. NOW I'm insulting you. NOW you can rage at me. But I'm done with you.
27468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Unknown
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
Interesting (:
205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
Wow, there are lots of awesome entries! Well, here is mine (definitely not as cool as some I've seen)... I've got a tablet and all that, but I'm just not that experienced with it yet, so I kept it traditional.



I named her Kaigara and decided her class would be a weapons smith. She knows her stuff about all sorts of weapons such as swords, daggers, axes, etc. and makes them for others. On top of that, she can fight with them pretty well too.

And here's my real-life self:



I don't really like posting my face online, but if it's for bonus points...
44093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / sanford , N.C.
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
Here is my entry ....drew it at work last night

here is mine in the zombie booth app from my iphone
67838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Colorado, USA
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

Maxmattsmith wrote:
it's A money issue not everyone can have their mommy and daddy buy them what ever they want. I am not "technological stuff incline" just because I can't afford that stuff and When I was in school we focused on typing not digital drawing so I'm not good at that stuff like you tweens are. I work for a living I don't have my parents pay my bills and buy my food. Don't insult me because I don't own what you do. This is exactly why I am against this type of contest. You are just proving my point by calling my "technological stuff incline" for not owning a scanner. Drawing images with a mouse is not a technological need to know. I know more about computers then most people in my town. I have had people come to me for advice for computer issues. Do not judge me based on my possessions not everyone is born with a with a silver spoon in their mouth or given the same opportunities. My walmart doesn't offer that service there are no computer cafes in my state. I can't afford a to spend $50-60 on a printer that I would hardly use. I hate how you people think everyone can spend money on a whim.


I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but ... you have a phone with a camera don't you? And an email address? Take a photo, use your phone to send it to your email address. Does not require phone-based-internet or anything out of the way...

I have a pretty old phone, pre-smartphone era. I email myself pictures plenty often. Sending a photo to an email address is not a feature handled on your phone's end but your provider's end. And I don't think there's any provider technologically behind on that aspect. If you have trouble, get in touch with a friend to do it. If you still don't have a solution after that, I'll even give my own phone number for you to send to, which I'll then email you.

In this era, it would be very weird for a drawing contest to expect anything other than virtual delivery. Snail mail is very much at the end of its life, and not appropriate for contests. If the drawing part itself is the cause of "exclusion", that is a rather inappropriate perspective seeing as this is an anime site, many people have touched fanart at some point in this environment. Never has the concept "everyone must be equally eligible" been associated with the fundamental concepts of "contests" (globally). A ton of people can participate, and this contest is one of the most fun I've yet seen.
13038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/27/12 , edited 8/27/12
Got a decent color version of my character, one prize please?


I was trying to make a fencer, but swords aren't my thing. (Thus why his arm is behind his back. I can draw hands I swear!)
50797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Floating on a che...
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
Ok, so here's my Charator! Her name is
Cherri
Lvl 55
Age 24
Class Ninga Rogue
She is generally a party player but when she has to solo she works really hard killing lower lvl spawns till she is at least 5 lvls higher than spawns in the next town. Her main attacks are Hurricane kick and Knife throw.

This is me!

I tried to make her as close to my color as I could but I ran out of brown and sorry for the blurry pick as u can see, I'm using my phone.
27493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New Hampshire
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

TerraGamerX wrote:


Maxmattsmith wrote:
it's A money issue not everyone can have their mommy and daddy buy them what ever they want. I am not "technological stuff incline" just because I can't afford that stuff and When I was in school we focused on typing not digital drawing so I'm not good at that stuff like you tweens are. I work for a living I don't have my parents pay my bills and buy my food. Don't insult me because I don't own what you do. This is exactly why I am against this type of contest. You are just proving my point by calling my "technological stuff incline" for not owning a scanner. Drawing images with a mouse is not a technological need to know. I know more about computers then most people in my town. I have had people come to me for advice for computer issues. Do not judge me based on my possessions not everyone is born with a with a silver spoon in their mouth or given the same opportunities. My walmart doesn't offer that service there are no computer cafes in my state. I can't afford a to spend $50-60 on a printer that I would hardly use. I hate how you people think everyone can spend money on a whim.


I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but ... you have a phone with a camera don't you? And an email address? Take a photo, use your phone to send it to your email address. Does not require phone-based-internet or anything out of the way...

I have a pretty old phone, pre-smartphone era. I email myself pictures plenty often. Sending a photo to an email address is not a feature handled on your phone's end but your provider's end. And I don't think there's any provider technologically behind on that aspect. If you have trouble, get in touch with a friend to do it. If you still don't have a solution after that, I'll even give my own phone number for you to send to, which I'll then email you.

In this era, it would be very weird for a drawing contest to expect anything other than virtual delivery. Snail mail is very much at the end of its life, and not appropriate for contests. If the drawing part itself is the cause of "exclusion", that is a rather inappropriate perspective seeing as this is an anime site, many people have touched fanart at some point in this environment. Never has the concept "everyone must be equally eligible" been associated with the fundamental concepts of "contests" (globally). A ton of people can participate, and this contest is one of the most fun I've yet seen.


I have to disagree from a legal aspect if you advertise a contest as free but expect them to use a piece of equipment that is not free and not provided then you are committing a crime. The internet follows different laws but it is still wrong to do so. Laws are based mainly around moral and social standards. My phone has a camera but it can't take a full picture of a napkin let alone a drawing. It also doesn't have a flash. I also hope you wrong about the snail mail being near the end of it's life because I can't afford to support my parents if my dad loses his job and they have to move in with me.
Crunchyroll Community Manager
27199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

Maxmattsmith wrote:


TerraGamerX wrote:


Maxmattsmith wrote:
it's A money issue not everyone can have their mommy and daddy buy them what ever they want. I am not "technological stuff incline" just because I can't afford that stuff and When I was in school we focused on typing not digital drawing so I'm not good at that stuff like you tweens are. I work for a living I don't have my parents pay my bills and buy my food. Don't insult me because I don't own what you do. This is exactly why I am against this type of contest. You are just proving my point by calling my "technological stuff incline" for not owning a scanner. Drawing images with a mouse is not a technological need to know. I know more about computers then most people in my town. I have had people come to me for advice for computer issues. Do not judge me based on my possessions not everyone is born with a with a silver spoon in their mouth or given the same opportunities. My walmart doesn't offer that service there are no computer cafes in my state. I can't afford a to spend $50-60 on a printer that I would hardly use. I hate how you people think everyone can spend money on a whim.


I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but ... you have a phone with a camera don't you? And an email address? Take a photo, use your phone to send it to your email address. Does not require phone-based-internet or anything out of the way...

I have a pretty old phone, pre-smartphone era. I email myself pictures plenty often. Sending a photo to an email address is not a feature handled on your phone's end but your provider's end. And I don't think there's any provider technologically behind on that aspect. If you have trouble, get in touch with a friend to do it. If you still don't have a solution after that, I'll even give my own phone number for you to send to, which I'll then email you.

In this era, it would be very weird for a drawing contest to expect anything other than virtual delivery. Snail mail is very much at the end of its life, and not appropriate for contests. If the drawing part itself is the cause of "exclusion", that is a rather inappropriate perspective seeing as this is an anime site, many people have touched fanart at some point in this environment. Never has the concept "everyone must be equally eligible" been associated with the fundamental concepts of "contests" (globally). A ton of people can participate, and this contest is one of the most fun I've yet seen.


I have to disagree from a legal aspect if you advertise a contest as free but expect them to use a piece of equipment that is not free and not provided then you are committing a crime. The internet follows different laws but it is still wrong to do so. Laws are based mainly around moral and social standards. My phone has a camera but it can't take a full picture of a napkin let alone a drawing. It also doesn't have a flash. I also hope you wrong about the snail mail being near the end of it's life because I can't afford to support my parents if my dad loses his job and they have to move in with me.


STOP IT




Why are you guys trying to make this contest into something more than it is ??

You know what - I don't care WHAT you guys use to create your avatar profile. You know what I used to do ? I used to draw things in pen, take a picture with my cellphone, email it to myself, then take that into PAINT AND COLOR IT. I don't care if you DRESS UP AS YOUR CHARACTER, IF YOU MAKE A PLUSHIE, IF YOU MAKE A COLLAGE. If you draw it, scan it, if it's entirely digital - ANYTHING.

I DON'T

CARE.

This is supposed to be FUN, and I will choose winners based off how creative the characters are, and how much they reflect the Sword Art Online universe. This isn't about who has what to make what. This is supposed to be fun, and when you all throw around phrases like, "WELL, FROM A LEGAL ASPECT" - and "WELL, NOT EVERYONE WAS BORN WITH A SILVER-SPOON IN THEIR MOUTH" you know what ? Who CARES, NO ONE CARES. WE ARE HAVING FUN.

FUN.

THIS IS A CONTEST. IT'S CREATED TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOMETHING COOL, AND FUN TO DO, TO MAYBE WIN SOME MERCHANDISE THAT YOU MIGHT NEVER HAVE ACCESS TO ON YOUR OWN.

So be fair, and encourage eachother ~ !!! This is not about what you've used to create the art, it's about the SERIES, and the SPIRIT of Sword Art Online. Because it's touched the hearts of thousands of us, with less than ten episodes.

So please, stop fighting. Enjoy the contest <3
Engineer
85984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
Sailorbee beat me to the punch. I've seen a lot of good drawings in here; keep it up everyone.
11189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / Ba Sing Se
Offline
Posted 8/27/12 , edited 8/29/12
My character..:



Name: Mocca
Level: 87
Age: 15
Class: Dual Scythe Master
Guild: Laughing Coffin
Weapon: scythe-mittens (dual large scythes [or at least a scythe-shaped sword])

My character's sort of demented. She's a red player (Player-Killer, whatever) She thinks of herself as kind when she (obviously) isn't. She kills people to release their suffering from being stuck in SAO.

That wheel thing on her head are tiny throwing knives. So she uses it for long range attacks and then her bun is undone and her hair becomes long....But I don't know if this is allowed or not.

"When people die, they go to Heaven right? They'll be much happier than fighting here..."

I was really intimidated by all the awesome designs.... They're all really good. I'm not gonna post my picture....My character doesn't even look a lot like me.....

Good luck to all the other people participating in this contest!
First  Prev  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.