Anime Rated Correctly
84351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 8/21/12 , edited 8/21/12
So, fellow Crunchyroll users over the years we've had two threads that served attention to two different ends of the spectrum:

What is the most overrated anime ever? and Underrated Anime and Characters. One for overrated and underrated.

So, my question to you in this thread topic is "which anime do you think is most consistent to its rating"? not enough hate not enough omg.

*Of course there will always be haters, there's always that one hater set aside this hater.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________


In my perspective to my thread I will look at the two contrasting animes one current and one done way back, well older.

First is YuruYuri *featured on Crunchyroll's simulcast

In this anime the plot depth isn't one where the viewer needs to pay attention to nor are the characters stimulating enough to develop dislike or immense like. It's a lazed back anime that you watch for the lulz if you enjoy simple entertainment. There isn't consistent hate towards this anime and it isn't overrated where people will tell you: "It's the best you have to watch it omg!!!"

Second is the Aria series running from 2005-2008


Unlike the YuruYuri counterpart the plot has depth which is establish right away by the protagonist and the characters developed over the spam of the entire series. Usually with longer anime series hate towards something is developed, I am however not saying there isn't not enough consistent hate; however the quality of this anime series isn't overrated.

These are two simple examples of what I mean by correctly rated: nice and enjoyable not enough haters and not enough omg people.

So, what are your thoughts on that correctly rated anime?

Edit: no scale simply an anime that doesn't have consistent hate ie Guilty Crown, Shu omg grow a pair of balls please!!! and over-hyped anime ie K-On it's good I enjoyed it, it's just not as good as "people" says.

If you want to use a scale use either MyAnimeLIst or AnimeNewsNetwork
70799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 8/21/12 , edited 8/21/12
okay I think I get what you mean now - middle of the road anime ehh?

Black Blood Brothers
Haven't seen any superfans of this nor any severe haters and it's correctly rated on MAL imho. For an anime featuring vampires that is indeed saying something. It's story is somewhat interesting but it mostly sticks to it's semi-action roots. Unlike Hellsing or Vampire Knight it doesn't garner any knee jerk reactions from many people (I'm sure there are some).

84351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

funnyginsan wrote:


okay I think I get what you mean now - middle of the road anime ehh?

Black Blood Brothers
Haven't seen any superfans of this nor any severe haters and it's correctly rated on MAL imho.


no scale simply an anime that doesn't have consistent hate ie Guilty Crown, Shu omg grow a pair of balls please!!! and over-hyped anime ie K-On it's good I enjoyed it, it's just not as good as "people" says.

Kind like middle of the road but towards " I think it's nice and I enjoyed it"
70799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 8/21/12

AnimeKami wrote:


funnyginsan wrote:


okay I think I get what you mean now - middle of the road anime ehh?

Black Blood Brothers
Haven't seen any superfans of this nor any severe haters and it's correctly rated on MAL imho.


no scale simply an anime that doesn't have consistent hate ie Guilty Crown, Shu omg grow a pair of balls please!!! and over-hyped anime ie K-On it's good I enjoyed it, it's just not as good as "people" says.

Kind like middle of the road but towards " I think it's nice and I enjoyed it"


Yeah after reading your post again I think I get it.

Another one that was OK for me but no real love or hate for is
The Sacred Blacksmith and it was SO Ok I can barely remember what it was about. I know it was somewhat of a Harem anime with a knight. and again it got a "Good" review which seemed to fit for me and matched up with MAL.
61698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/21/12
I'll have to say Dennou Coil. It doesn't inspire zealotry, but the people that see it generally agree it is a good, entertaining show.
Posted 8/21/12
I'm still baffled by what the OP means with:


These are two simple examples of what I mean by correctly rated: nice and enjoyable not enough haters and not enough omg people.


Do you mean an anime with consistent ratings? And do you mean a(n) [enjoyable] show that doesn't hate many haters or fanboys?

If so, Darker Than Black comes into mind. General consensus is that it's enjoyable and good at the very least. It's enjoyed by many anime fans and a good series to watch for those new to anime.
61698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/22/12

AsuraCryin wrote:

I'm still baffled by what the OP means with:


These are two simple examples of what I mean by correctly rated: nice and enjoyable not enough haters and not enough omg people.


Do you mean an anime with consistent ratings? And do you mean a(n) [enjoyable] show that doesn't hate many haters or fanboys?


That's my interpretation as well.


AsuraCryin wrote:
If so, Darker Than Black comes into mind. General consensus is that it's enjoyable and good at the very least. It's enjoyed by many anime fans and a good series to watch for those new to anime.


Yeah, I'd probably agree with that.
70799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 8/22/12

I guess I took it a little differently. If we are talking this way then

Eden of The East - people generally like it. There are fans of it but not many superfans and it seems to be consistently rated as "good" or "very good" by most people. Interesting plot using technology, politics and a love story with humor thrown in seems to really grab people I guess.
24221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/12
Death Note.
23558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/23/12
Taking http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php as an example, it's not a bad list.

Ratings seem to me to be more about how fresh or different a show is.
You must be logged in to post.