First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
Post Reply Are most anime fans weird?
5145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Covina, California
Offline
Posted 5/7/13
My RP character is Coralian, just like Eureka, from Eureka Seven, there is a RP site that right now is inactive for lack of characters or RP Players, because realife has a way of hitting without warning. http://z10.invisionfree.com/Eureka_seveN_RPGing/index.php?http://z10.invisionfree.com/Eureka_seveN_RPGing/

The RP is set at a time AFTER the second summer of love has happened, you can find out everything on the site.
130941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / 私自身の不思議の国
Offline
Posted 5/7/13
Does everyone?
Anyway, I do have my weird moments. Though I didn't get out much, but I do have friends (few are anime fans like me) and we had a lot of fun during high school. Right now, I'm trying to get a job or go to community collage.

3220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Red Dot City
Offline
Posted 5/7/13
Never quite met other people that watch anime..
So im a loner
Posted 5/7/13
Well I can't really say... I am weird as hell.
But I think its in a good way lol since everyone always tells me i'm weird/different.
Never really understand what they're trying to say to me.
50197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/7/13

millieman76 wrote:

Never quite met other people that watch anime..
So im a loner


Dun' worry, you got us.
13477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 5/7/13
In the general public's perception, yeah - can't really help it. It's not really going to change either unless more people gradually shift to anime and it becomes a not "weird" thing.

It depends on the people you're with and who you are though.

During football, I'd make anime references 24/7. I remember knocking the hell out of the QB in an actual playoff game and making Bleach jokes. I'd also say funny crap when we'd all get down on the line like "Everybody use your substitution jutsus as soon as he says hut." Honestly, since I talk about it so much in school, people have just accepted anime as a normal thing haha.

I don't have a lot of real life friends who watch anime though. In my entire school, I only know 1 other person who watches anime. Nobody else does. Out of all the people I have hung out with and met in my life, I think I have a grand total of 5 people I've met who watch anime. and, meh - no offense, but they're all pretty sketchy (gothic-like, super long hair to look like one of those popular scene kids, wear spikes/make-up and shit)..
20771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/7/13

millieman76 wrote:

Never quite met other people that watch anime..
So im a loner


That doesn't make you a loner. Being a loner is a life choice, not a consolation prize. If you have desperation in your heart, and longing in veins, then you can't be a loner. If you have the desire to hold within your grip the essence of friendship, and to never let slip those bonds once taken hold, then you are not a loner. Having no friends who share your interests does not make you a loner; not wanting any does. So I say - if you want friends - fill up your lungs with the will to lash out against the unfairness of time and fate; take luck and prosper; scream out the song of desperation which is inherent within all men and in all women; and wait for the echo of your query.
3220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Red Dot City
Offline
Posted 5/7/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


millieman76 wrote:

Never quite met other people that watch anime..
So im a loner


Dun' worry, you got us.


Yay! Im honored to be accepted here ^_^
I like crunchyroll already lol
55 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 5/7/13
weelll ... ppl have mentioned that I'm weird ... but ...
and
I realized that a lot of the ppl(in our school) who watches/loves anime usually draws pretty well ...maybe cause they watch anime a lot ?
14086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/7/13
I think everyone's weird in their own way. Including those who don't watch anime!
50197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/7/13

Ice_Viruz wrote:

I think everyone's weird in their own way. Including those who don't watch anime!


Yep!
3220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Red Dot City
Offline
Posted 5/7/13

SirJonathanMP wrote:
That doesn't make you a loner. Being a loner is a life choice, not a consolation prize. If you have desperation in your heart, and longing in veins, then you can't be a loner. If you have the desire to hold within your grip the essence of friendship, and to never let slip those bonds once taken hold, then you are not a loner. Having no friends who share your interests does not make you a loner; not wanting any does. So I say - if you want friends - fill up your lungs with the will to lash out against the unfairness of time and fate; take luck and prosper; scream out the song of desperation which is inherent within all men and in all women; and wait for the echo of your query.


What words of inspiration.
However I don't choose to be a loner..
Where I live its quite the small town.. Like literallty its a small town..
I have friends, but more like aquiantences...

I've never been able to keep friendships long.. Something always happens.
I wasn't meant for friends... But I'm quite social.. And people here have same interests as me.. So this is great enough ^_^
So its a win-win.

I thank you for your words of wisdow my friend. May you be blessed!
25833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/7/13
As many people have said. You only know about the weird people, because they are the only one's who make it totally obvious that they like anime.

I've found in my school that many people watch anime. I have quite a few friends who have watched many different series. Just by looking at them you'd never even guess. One of them is a 6'2 African American who's gotten a scholarship for football. Nobody would ever even begin to think that he was a hardcore anime fan. All of us are quite socially active. I myself am the leader of 2 clubs in my school. I've discovered that most people I've talked to either watch anime, or just think of it as animated movies or shows like Disney makes, but Japanese.

Maybe I just got lucky. My school's not that great of a school, but I'm glad to know it's not full of a bunch of people who believe anime is Hentai

Stereotypes will be stereotypes
20771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/7/13

millieman76 wrote:


SirJonathanMP wrote:
That doesn't make you a loner. Being a loner is a life choice, not a consolation prize. If you have desperation in your heart, and longing in veins, then you can't be a loner. If you have the desire to hold within your grip the essence of friendship, and to never let slip those bonds once taken hold, then you are not a loner. Having no friends who share your interests does not make you a loner; not wanting any does. So I say - if you want friends - fill up your lungs with the will to lash out against the unfairness of time and fate; take luck and prosper; scream out the song of desperation which is inherent within all men and in all women; and wait for the echo of your query.


What words of inspiration.
However I don't choose to be a loner..
Where I live its quite the small town.. Like literallty its a small town..
I have friends, but more like aquiantences...

I've never been able to keep friendships long.. Something always happens.
I wasn't meant for friends... But I'm quite social.. And people here have same interests as me.. So this is great enough ^_^
So its a win-win.

I thank you for your words of wisdow my friend. May you be blessed!


You're very welcome, and if you ever decide you need a friend, or just want to talk about anime and stuff, then I'm there 'cause I don't have any friends with our interests either!
66794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 5/7/13
I would think some, but not most.

Every fandom has it's share of questionables running around.
First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.