Job Opening
asykes 
62011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 8/24/12
Good day everyone,

I am a Technical Recruiter out of the Washington DC metropolitan. I have hiring managers flying in from Japan to conduct interviews for the branch office here. They are looking for professionals to help provide helpdesk support for their Japanese users. Below is a brief summary of what they are looking for. If you or anyone you know is in the area and has an interest, please follow up with me.

Must-haves
-Must possess capable analysis & troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose issues and communicate with customers within the client product offering and the environments they operate.
-Effective communication skills are required, both written and verbal.
-A TSS is expected to approach their work in a detail-oriented, well-organized fashion and to further develop a thorough knowledge of client's products and understanding of standard and customer-specific EDI business processes.
-Candidate MUST BE BILINGUAL IN JAPANESE AND ENGLISH

Plusses
-Siebel experience is a plus.

Day-to-Day
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) represents client as a first point of contact to all callers.
A TSS is responsible for the following:
-Providing technical support to customers via the telephone and/or electronic format.
-Solving moderately complex issues regarding functionality and usage of client's products.

Thank you,

Adrian Sykes
Professional Recruiter
Insight Global, Inc.
1921 Gallows Rd. Suite 850
Vienna, VA 22182
(703) 442-7717 Office
(703) 442-7716 Fax
IGI Dial: 3868
---------------------------------

asykes@insightglobal.net
www.insightglobal.net
24657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 8/24/12
Lets see, ive been doing IT and help desk for about 5 years now. Been in the army. A+ certified. But dammit im not Bilingual yet haha. Would have like to try this out too.
31115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 8/25/12

iamtheredseven wrote:

Lets see, ive been doing IT and help desk for about 5 years now. Been in the army. A+ certified. But dammit im not Bilingual yet haha. Would have like to try this out too.


IT for 13 years, Master's Degree, but have been too busy teaching a few computer science courses on the side and have not been able to find the time to take any courses myself.

I seen a job at the US embassy in Japan, and pay was about $139K, but you needed to have at least JPLT level N4 language proficiency.


I need to slot some time in next semester, so I can take a Japanese course at a local college in the evening, and still have time to teach the other two nights.
24657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

GodWhomIsMike wrote:


iamtheredseven wrote:

Lets see, ive been doing IT and help desk for about 5 years now. Been in the army. A+ certified. But dammit im not Bilingual yet haha. Would have like to try this out too.


IT for 13 years, Master's Degree, but have been too busy teaching a few computer science courses on the side and have not been able to find the time to take any courses myself.

I seen a job at the US embassy in Japan, and pay was about $139K, but you needed to have at least JPLT level N4 language proficiency.


I need to slot some time in next semester, so I can take a Japanese course at a local college in the evening, and still have time to teach the other two nights.


Haha there always has to be that one guy in IT who is vastly better at it than me. But yeah, i would like to take a language course, but im not entirely sure how to go about it. Im pretty new to this whole local college thing/
63334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

GodWhomIsMike wrote:

I seen a job at the US embassy in Japan, and pay was about $139K, but you needed to have at least JPLT level N4 language proficiency.


Are you sure it was N4 and not N2? N4 is pretty basic. N1 is considered full fluency.
31115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

iamtheredseven wrote:


GodWhomIsMike wrote:


iamtheredseven wrote:

Lets see, ive been doing IT and help desk for about 5 years now. Been in the army. A+ certified. But dammit im not Bilingual yet haha. Would have like to try this out too.


IT for 13 years, Master's Degree, but have been too busy teaching a few computer science courses on the side and have not been able to find the time to take any courses myself.

I seen a job at the US embassy in Japan, and pay was about $139K, but you needed to have at least JPLT level N4 language proficiency.


I need to slot some time in next semester, so I can take a Japanese course at a local college in the evening, and still have time to teach the other two nights.


Haha there always has to be that one guy in IT who is vastly better at it than me. But yeah, i would like to take a language course, but im not entirely sure how to go about it. Im pretty new to this whole local college thing/


I think I am better as a Computer Science Professor than as an IT guy. I am good at IT, but not all that passionate about it.
31115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

deadpanditto wrote:


GodWhomIsMike wrote:

I seen a job at the US embassy in Japan, and pay was about $139K, but you needed to have at least JPLT level N4 language proficiency.


Are you sure it was N4 and not N2? N4 is pretty basic. N1 is considered full fluency.


Basic N4 language skills.
24657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 8/27/12

GodWhomIsMike wrote:


iamtheredseven wrote:


GodWhomIsMike wrote:


iamtheredseven wrote:

Lets see, ive been doing IT and help desk for about 5 years now. Been in the army. A+ certified. But dammit im not Bilingual yet haha. Would have like to try this out too.


IT for 13 years, Master's Degree, but have been too busy teaching a few computer science courses on the side and have not been able to find the time to take any courses myself.

I seen a job at the US embassy in Japan, and pay was about $139K, but you needed to have at least JPLT level N4 language proficiency.


I need to slot some time in next semester, so I can take a Japanese course at a local college in the evening, and still have time to teach the other two nights.


Haha there always has to be that one guy in IT who is vastly better at it than me. But yeah, i would like to take a language course, but im not entirely sure how to go about it. Im pretty new to this whole local college thing/


I think I am better as a Computer Science Professor than as an IT guy. I am good at IT, but not all that passionate about it.


You and me both. Im good with computers and make a decent living out of it. But im not sure its what i want to do. What a pain.
31115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 8/27/12




You and me both. Im good with computers and make a decent living out of it. But im not sure its what i want to do. What a pain.


I wish I could go back, and become a farmer instead.

Although, I do like being a part time professor in the evenings (this is the only part of computers I am currently enjoying). My full time IT job pays OK, but I certainly wish they paid a bit more.
You must be logged in to post.