First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
R.I.P. Neil Armstrong
Posted 8/26/12
R.I.P Neil Armstrong..
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/26/12

Vu-vu wrote:


nex564 wrote:


Vu-vu wrote:


nex564 wrote:

the first man that landed on a planet shall be remembered for all of time we shall miss you Neil Armstrong. We hope the Armstrong line remains a great family (but not have someone like Col. Armstrong from fma.......)


He did not land on a "Planet". He was the first man on the Moon, big difference!


but he is the first man to land on a unknown planet to us back then the moon was still pretty unknown


I understand what you are trying to say but it is still wrong. When Christopher Columbus discovered America he thought it was India. Even though America was an "Unknown" location it was definitely NOT India. Just like how the Moon is not a Planet.


but we classed it as a planet so it is a planet we gave it a name we stared at it then we sent a few men to it
w6loy 
36636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / F / by the beach in S...
Offline
Posted 8/26/12
R.I.P. Neil....you were an inspiration to myself and others of us who were just kids when you walked on the Moon. You inspired us to dream. Thank you.
As per your family's request to all: I'll remember your legacy and when I look at the Moon I'll wink at it in rememberence.
Vu-vu 
80109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/12

nex564 wrote:


Vu-vu wrote:


nex564 wrote:


Vu-vu wrote:


nex564 wrote:

the first man that landed on a planet shall be remembered for all of time we shall miss you Neil Armstrong. We hope the Armstrong line remains a great family (but not have someone like Col. Armstrong from fma.......)


He did not land on a "Planet". He was the first man on the Moon, big difference!


but he is the first man to land on a unknown planet to us back then the moon was still pretty unknown


I understand what you are trying to say but it is still wrong. When Christopher Columbus discovered America he thought it was India. Even though America was an "Unknown" location it was definitely NOT India. Just like how the Moon is not a Planet.


but we classed it as a planet so it is a planet we gave it a name we stared at it then we sent a few men to it


Again, I understand why you would think that but the fact is it's not.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_moon_a_planet

This should satisfy you.
13564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/26/12 , edited 8/26/12
Yeah, I think the IAU definition also specifically excludes any moons from being planets regardless of if they function like a planet or not, so as long as they're in satellite orbit and not heliocentric orbit, they're moons.
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/26/12

Vu-vu wrote:


nex564 wrote:


Vu-vu wrote:


nex564 wrote:


Vu-vu wrote:


nex564 wrote:

the first man that landed on a planet shall be remembered for all of time we shall miss you Neil Armstrong. We hope the Armstrong line remains a great family (but not have someone like Col. Armstrong from fma.......)


He did not land on a "Planet". He was the first man on the Moon, big difference!


but he is the first man to land on a unknown planet to us back then the moon was still pretty unknown


I understand what you are trying to say but it is still wrong. When Christopher Columbus discovered America he thought it was India. Even though America was an "Unknown" location it was definitely NOT India. Just like how the Moon is not a Planet.


but we classed it as a planet so it is a planet we gave it a name we stared at it then we sent a few men to it


Again, I understand why you would think that but the fact is it's not.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_moon_a_planet

This should satisfy you.


ok but still why did you have to fight with me when we are to morn a dead man but you seemed to rather just get prissy over how i worded it........
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Cali
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
He left the greatest footprint for mankind. RIP.
Posted 8/27/12
there was a speach where neil armstrong talked about lies and stuff.

moon landing was just a hoax to make public believe USA didint fuckd up all the money they used for a failure.
Posted 8/27/12

Ongkanon wrote:

there was a speach where neil armstrong talked about lies and stuff.

moon landing was just a hoax to make public believe USA didint fuckd up all the money they used for a failure.


No.
Posted 8/27/12

karmacide wrote:


Ongkanon wrote:

there was a speach where neil armstrong talked about lies and stuff.

moon landing was just a hoax to make public believe USA didint fuckd up all the money they used for a failure.


No.


i sense dreams crashing... hahahaha
Posted 8/27/12

Ongkanon wrote:


karmacide wrote:


Ongkanon wrote:

there was a speach where neil armstrong talked about lies and stuff.

moon landing was just a hoax to make public believe USA didint fuckd up all the money they used for a failure.


No.


i sense dreams crashing... hahahaha


Vu-vu 
80109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/27/12


Relax buddy, I'm not fighting with you. I'm simply correcting you. Like I said before, there's a "big difference" with what you are claiming. I mean, don't you think it's insulting to get the legacy of this man wrong on the day of his death?
Whatever the case, I have nothing against you. I'm sorry if I made you feel threatened, that was not my intention.
Posted 8/27/12
A very fulfilled life R.I.P
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Online
Posted 8/27/12

Ongkanon wrote:


karmacide wrote:


Ongkanon wrote:

there was a speach where neil armstrong talked about lies and stuff.

moon landing was just a hoax to make public believe USA didint fuckd up all the money they used for a failure.


No.


i sense dreams crashing... hahahaha


Your delusions maybe. Go troll elsewhere.
49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/27/12
Another great American lost.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.