First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Worst anime of 2012 (so far)
21503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/12

crash1187 wrote:


funnyginsan wrote:


crash1187 wrote:


funnyginsan wrote:

Magicuser360 got the dates wrong AND has bad taste in anime.

La Storia della Arcana Famigla - watched it purposefully to give me perspective on the good anime I'm watching and it is doing the trick.

Phi Brain - (I think the first season started in 2011 but ended in 2012 so I'm counting it) take average shounen plot - throw in puzzles that seem complex but are never shown that way - add code-names of actual smart people and presto-chango you get a crappy anime.


whyyyyy...... i like both of those shows lol


This coming from someone who dropped
Trigun
Baccano
Rurouni Kenshin

isn't very surprising

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-577553/animes-you-dropped-or-felt-like-complete-waste-of-time?pg=62

we just have different tastes in anime it seems.


i actually went back and finished bacanno. half paying attention didnt help... but trigun and rurouni annoyed me cuz they are supposed to be badasses but they never really do anything (kenshin had a few exceptions) and the english dubs i was watching for those two SUUUUUUUUUUUCCKEEDDDD


You didn't watch trigun if you dont think vash the stampede is a bad ass.
9341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / irst
Offline
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12
I've discovered that the opinion I've formed in the first 10 minutes of the first episode is usually a good indicator of what my opinion's gonna be for the rest of the show. So if I've decided it's bull by then, I'll drop it. So I can't really give a good reading on an ENTIRE series since I usually don't get that far, but....

My 2 recent meh shows are:

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
I couldn't finish the first episode. Everyone is praising this one for the "unique" hero. I didn't see anything unique. Shounen fans must be desperate. I'm not gonna torture myself any more on it.

Famigila, like everyone else says. I knew better than to watch it, since it's based on a game (and thus has a 99 out of 100 chance of being a dishrag) but I did survive ep. 1. And never wasted my time on the rest.
21503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/2/12

_IceAndCream_ wrote:

I've discovered that the opinion I've formed in the first 10 minutes of the first episode is usually a good indicator of what my opinion's gonna be for the rest of the show. So if I've decided it's bull by then, I'll drop it. So I can't really give a good reading on an ENTIRE series since I usually don't get that far, but....

My 2 recent meh shows are:

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
I couldn't finish the first episode. Everyone is praising this one for the "unique" hero. I didn't see anything unique. Shounen fans must be desperate. I'm not gonna torture myself any more on it.

Famigila, like everyone else says. I knew better than to watch it, since it's based on a game (and thus has a 99 out of 100 chance of being a dishrag) but I did survive ep. 1. And never wasted my time on the rest.


to be fair, tower of druga or w/e is based on a game and is a pretty good anime
3059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / library
Offline
Posted 9/2/12
Arcana Famiglia -- if everyone knew that it was generic reverse harem, wouldnt people avoid it more?
sigh good list of voice actors but since i read first chapter of the manga before the anime, i didnt have the urge to watch it

Guilty Crown -- it was seriously a disappointment to me when i watched first 3 episodes. the school genre killed it

but this year has been pretty good except for Summer that has got way too many generic fanservicey light novels adaptation such as I can't play H, Kono naka ni imouto, Total eclipse, Campione, Hagure yuusha, etc... i just dont watch them
save Humanity has declined, SAO, Kokoro connect.
40766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Online
Posted 9/2/12
I know I'm gonna get some heat for this, but Bodacious Space Pirates was probably the worst for me this year. It started out great, great premise and all, but then it all sort of crumbled beneath itself. There was never really a connecting storyline besides Marika becoming a great captain. I got through the first 5-10 episodes which were good to introduce the cast and everything, then I got past the Ghost ship arc, which got a little complicated at times (still ok) and then it sort of turned into the space sailing club adventures. I think the worst part for me was that nothing happened, ever. It was a lot of talking and not too much else. I'm sure it found it's audience, but I just wasn't interested going further and it dropped out of my watch list after the ghost arc.

If we're talking THIS season, personally it's Tari Tari. Before I get heat from this one, I'll admit, I've only seen the first 3-4 episodes and plan on continuing when I get the chance. I haven't really watched any other shows this season which have been truly unwatchable though. So this is a hit or miss and I'll find out soon.

Another one is Brave10....Shoulda been awesome...about the farthest thing from awesome. Had cool characters, but were always weak and never battled. WAY too rushed no time for characters or story to develop...just terrible.

And of course these are just my opinions, I'm sure many people will agree and disagree with me, but those are my choices.
40766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Online
Posted 9/2/12
@ Magicuser360

Apparently you don't watch a lot of anime, because if you did you'd know what exactly is truly horrible in that sense. I understand it's your opinion and everything but Angel Beats is far from being the worst. Try giving "Brave10" a watch...which has no plot whatsoever (ok a plot, but no time at tall to develop). I personally loved Angel Beats, but not because of the moe/cute girl aspect that some people are bashing it on (which Yui would be the only one to qualify as an actual moe/cute character in the true sense of the word). It has a great soundtrack, great animation, interesting characters, and a lot of great humor (maybe you don't like physical humor), and the ending was quite touching...Well these are all just opinions so there will be people out there who hate every anime on earth, no matter what anime it is. But yeah I agree with the others in saying this is thread is actually pretty dumb now that I look at it again, because one man's trash is another man's treasure.
4015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/2/12
everyone is a critique
21503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/2/12
Angle Beats sucks only because the ending is a huge plot hole that Anime Planet and MAL has yet to properly explain to me, or does it make sense to anyone else that the guys heart was in a girl whose been in the dead world longer then him, yet he died first.
21108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F
Offline
Posted 9/2/12
For me the worst has been Saint seiya omega why they would finish where the lost canvas left off I want never know I could not even finish the first ep. it was to bad.
2231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/2/12
Doraemon.
I said it.
That new show sucks.
The quality is awful.
just kidding
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/2/12

Pea Brain
Arcana Flopmiglia
Sword Trash Online
Accel Worst





I'm sure there's more but these 4 easily came to mind.
34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / New York, New York
Offline
Posted 9/2/12
Arcana Famiglia - saw the first episode, and it seemed pretty interesting. Then i saw the second episode, which made
no sense whatsoever, considering what the first episode introduced. then they take care of children? the whole thing is just confusing.
i dont like it.
38564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hotaru-verse
Offline
Posted 9/2/12 , edited 9/2/12
Hiiro no Kakera.. I thought it was ok at first.. something to pass time when I was bored.. but after episode 5 I realised time seemed to be dragging on when I watched.. it was like 24 min took 1hr 24 min.. so I dropped it.

That's the only one I can think of cause I usually know If I'm gonna like something within the first 10 min or so and if I think it sucks I don't watch it!! I just don't understand all these people who finish watching a bad series.. why?!? Like chrome_mist .. why would you bother to watch 4 bad animes? I have very little free time so, with it I like to watch good anime but.. to each his/her own (yes.. that was sarcasm).

On a side note.. I frickin hate celine dion!!
Posted 9/2/12

ninjajake12 wrote:

@ Magicuser360

Apparently you don't watch a lot of anime, because if you did you'd know what exactly is truly horrible in that sense. I understand it's your opinion and everything but Angel Beats is far from being the worst. Try giving "Brave10" a watch...which has no plot whatsoever (ok a plot, but no time at tall to develop). I personally loved Angel Beats, but not because of the moe/cute girl aspect that some people are bashing it on (which Yui would be the only one to qualify as an actual moe/cute character in the true sense of the word). It has a great soundtrack, great animation, interesting characters, and a lot of great humor (maybe you don't like physical humor), and the ending was quite touching...Well these are all just opinions so there will be people out there who hate every anime on earth, no matter what anime it is. But yeah I agree with the others in saying this is thread is actually pretty dumb now that I look at it again, because one man's trash is another man's treasure.


Okay so you said..." I agree with the others in saying this is thread is actually pretty dumb now that I look at it again, because one man's trash is another man's treasure..."

And YET you called me out because I P E R S O N A L L Y (personally) do not like an animated, NOT REAL TV show? Really? AND even said I don't watch a lot of anime because I consider Angel Beats to be the worst anime I still watched THIS year?

I smell a contradiction.
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/2/12

kizna-chan wrote:

Like chrome_mist .. why would you bother to watch 4 bad animes? I have very little free time so, with it I like to watch good anime but.. to each his/her own (yes.. that was sarcasm).




Who said I was still watching them?
Out of the four garbage I've listed, 3 of them I have stopped watching.

I'm still hoping for Sword Trash Online to redeem itself.
It has been very disappointing, and not as good as people say it is.
Overrated shit of the year!


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.