First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Life
31119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 9/2/12

iSilentScream wrote:

The ending of life is always death.

I dont get why we all strive to live.
Dying hurts but it's seriously better than living.

oh well.
I guess we just have to live, live and live.


Life, you could do it the easy way, or you could do it the hard way. Enjoy it, have fun with it, and make something of it. Some of my best times were in my early to mid 20s.
9658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Noitacol
Offline
Posted 9/25/12

ZenZaku wrote:


Its_Only_Me wrote:

I really can't stand it when people are depressed about first world problems. If you're not a poor starving human in a third world country, you better be greatful for what you have. The fact that you have internet at your fingertips should be enough to make you happy.


Just because it's a so called "first world" country that doesn't mean that the citizens there don't have to deal with stress. Perhaps it isn't the same as survival stress, where you have the stress of struggling just to keep yourself and family alive, however there are other types of stressors involving family, friends, relationships and death or disease. Just because one has material goods doesn't make one happy. They should be grateful for their fortunes that they were allowed these luxuries others were not granted, but that doesn't mean they are content with their lives. Growing up with something is different than growing up without it and then obtaining it. If you had a TV, for example, in your home since you were a young child, having a television is just something normal, and therefore, while it's nice that you can afford to have one since you've always had it you take it for granted. However if you went your entire childhood without a TV and then when you became an adult and saved up to purchase one, having a TV would mean a lot since you've never owned one, or your family has never owned one. In the end it all comes down to the fact that each human being can only experience his or her view point on life and therefore they can't really empathize with those who don't have what they consider as basic goods. (So a computer/TV to continue with the example)


I understand what you're saying and yes, of course it all depends on your point of view. I have my own share of unhappy stressful problems. I guess I'm only referring to the people who have obviously no real reason to be depressed, its so sad to see someone wallow in their own misery when there are people truly suffering, if it really matters on the point of view, I would put myself in someone else's shoes and realize it could be a lot worse.
13261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
To me life is all about surviving and carrying on your gene pool not going from a study routine to a sudden dead end job which you hate where you work , you will live to work until the end of your days

The current modern life to me isn't living
40139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
Life = Hunger games
Life = Mirai Nikki
Life = survival game.
Commit Suicide = Rage quit.
40416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/12 , edited 9/25/12

Its_Only_Me wrote:

I really can't stand it when people are depressed about first world problems. If you're not a poor starving human in a third world country, you better be greatful for what you have. The fact that you have internet at your fingertips should be enough to make you happy.


Are you really ready to define happiness as "having enough money to be comfortable?" Right, there's no need for friends, family, virtue, respect, ambition -- you have everything taken care of as long as you have internet. How exactly do you figure that happiness equates to having people that are worse off than you are? Any problems you might have are not actually problems because someone else has worse problems? Now, I've never been a CEO before, but I surmise that even CEO's can rightfully be unhappy. If your company performs poorly, and as a result, you must lay off thousands of your workers, do you think it wrong to be unhappy? Indeed -- you have millions of dollars, so there's no way you could care what happens to anyone else. The fact that thousands of people must now be unemployed ought to have no effect on you, because you have a big house, or even, just because you live in the first world. World leaders, I think, probably have similar feelings. The fact that someone else's well-being is within your power to influence can be a very reasonable source of unhappiness. This feeling can spread to family members, friends, and even strangers. Looking even just in these forums, most of the issues in the posts stem from interactions with other people. If you want to say that my friends, family, fellow humans, or even my actions ought to have no bearing on my happiness, then there's no way that I can fall in line with you.

Although, it's not like I don't understand your drift (unless you legitimately believe everything above). You seem to be trying to say that there are a lot of people that get depressed over petty and relatively meaningless things. I get that, and it's more or less understandable. Indeed, being resilient to these types of problems is important, if only because you might then be unable to deal with worse problems. However, there is also an extent to which it seems wrong to completely ignore a problem simply because there are worse problems. The solution to someone distressed over, say, their favorite sports team losing might be as simple as telling them to "get over it" or just joking around with them. The solution to, say, world hunger, might take a while, and will require a lot more productive capacity than you alone can provide. Further, you simply can't work on that problem all the time, which means that you will have excess time with which to solve more "petty" problems, like boredom. I don't see anything wrong with this, and actually, I'd prefer it this way. I think it''s a good thing that the brain reacts negatively to negative things happening, as it makes for a more appropriate response. This seems to improve conditions more than if you thought that there's no reason to feel negatively about some hardship, even petty ones. You'll be able to see a situation more effectively if you have feelings to match it. Granted some people react over-negatively to some problems, and over-positively to others, which is where I think it might be reasonable to call this behavior annoying.
33567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
to me it's a game, do what you want to enjoy it, you won't survive it anyway, nothing like a survival game.
Posted 9/25/12
hmm simple you are born hopefully you aren't one of the many that die at birth or one of the unlucky that die before the age of 15 to me living isint a gift or a right if your lucky u can live a long life and if your out of luck u could be one of the many that die at birth or for example right now as im speaking ppl are dieing all over this planet y idk nor care y ppl live or die i just know that if we have enough luck we live longer lives i guess but i really just dont care lol
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
Sweet! I've just received my free minecraft giftcode!

>> Minecraftcodes.info <<
332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Gensokyo
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
YOLO!!!

No but really, you only get one shot on this planet. Make it worthwhile, enjoy the ride, take in the view, build relationships, don't sweat the little things...because, you know...we all end up dead anyway ^___^
Posted 9/25/12
Life sucks balls a lot I wouldn't mind dieing tommorrow(painless)
Posted 9/25/12

Zeta-Nu wrote:

Life = Hunger games
Life = Mirai Nikki
Life = survival game.
Commit Suicide = Rage quit.


This^ is pretty epic. Especially the Rage Quit part.
19191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
Even if all I had was a bed, a TV, and a microwave I would still be happy with my life
14198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
Life is worth living, but people make it so difficult.
Posted 9/25/12
Shits tough , you just need to toughen up thats all
Posted 9/25/12
Is so beautiful <3


i've commented on this before ^u^
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.