First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Crunchyroll for Adults
phanAn 
62693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / F / OP,FL
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
There's a thousand Anime sites where anything goes.
However I watch Crunchyroll because it's clean.
I watch just about everything and it is so annoying how many Animes to date have the grituitues 10 veiw pantie shots and forklift tits with no real story line. And worst is when the story is good it's ruined by the pantie shots and boobs in the way,

High School of the Dead is a perfect example. It had action, drama , violence, and romance but much of the time they concentrated on how the big they could get the boobs and how they flipped up and down or how much crotch you'd see while having the face bitten off
kvi 
52606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Planet Mars
Offline
Posted 8/29/12

TerraGamerX

I'm personally curious to see some real statistics on Crunchyroll's demographics. I don't distinctly roam the forums, but the times I do, I see most ages going no lower than 17. So in my observations, it is accurate to assume the majority of the userbase consists of adults. Of course the immaturity that can be read at every turn would lead to a different judgement if text alone was that only thing available to judge. Mind that this judgement and observation of age factors in that most aged 100 are assumed to be under 15, as that seems about the appropriate boundary for hiding one's age.


Good point, Maybe a poll will give us numbers.
27920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
I really don't think that the average age of Crunchyroll users is relevant. The site is open to the public, meaning it must allow for usage by underage viewers. Furthermore, I really don't see the point to the original question. If hentai is your thing, why not just go out and rent/buy some? I like the site as is, and admire the efforts it must take of the staff to maintain the site's quality.
27140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/29/12 , edited 8/29/12

AshRandom wrote:


Winterfells wrote:

I can't say I ever had a great understanding of the logic behind how shows go about censoring "explicit" nudity.

Is it really censoring at all if you show two full tits with no nipples? Are nipples really that dirty, compared to the rest of the boob? Does removing the nipples really make the situation less "sexually-charged?"

Why isn't violence held to the same standards? I don't see bars popping up everywhere when anime dudes are shooting fireballs at each other, blowing each other up with shotguns, and slicing one another with swords. Why not turn the blood green instead of red? Does that make the violence any less clear?


Why do they freak out over sex and not violence? Simple. Religious cultural traditions create puritanical people.

It's largely Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to blame, but no religion really seems to grasp an understanding of people which is equivalent to our modern understanding of sexuality. Though they are extremely pro-violence, evidenced by reading their books, or listening to them talk, what they are not however, is sexually liberated. These are the most sexually repressed religions to be found anywhere. It is their brainwashing affecting lawmakers who are then repressing our sophisticated understanding of sexuality.


Actually if you read the bible you'd find that it doesn't actually support violence, especially in the new testament. As for Judaism and Islam I can't say, because I've never read them. Back on topic though, if it were just religions pushing these laws then I'd say violence would have an equal amount of censuring. As you can already tell I'm a Christian and 90% of my friends are as well, so I can give you an accurate description of what Christian families will and will not watch. I'd say it varies from family to family, and from one denomination to the other. For instance most of my friends have never even seen the first matrix. That movie has no sexuality that can be considered obscene in any way. But the parents don't let them watch due to the violence. While my parents let me watch all 3. Also I imagine some of my christian friends are avid watchers of The Game of Thrones Series. While I prefer not to watch because I feel it's simply too explicit.

What I'm trying to say is religious people aren't all the same, and you can't just lump them all together so willy nilly. Not trying to start a fight just telling you what I know.

On to the actual forum topic. I don't know about all the stuff from FUNimation, but as far as I know they get the DVD releases of shows and never censure them. Of course they don't have everything you want to watch, but they might have some of the stuff you're looking for.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/29/12

7oaster wrote:


AshRandom wrote:


Winterfells wrote:

I can't say I ever had a great understanding of the logic behind how shows go about censoring "explicit" nudity.

Is it really censoring at all if you show two full tits with no nipples? Are nipples really that dirty, compared to the rest of the boob? Does removing the nipples really make the situation less "sexually-charged?"

Why isn't violence held to the same standards? I don't see bars popping up everywhere when anime dudes are shooting fireballs at each other, blowing each other up with shotguns, and slicing one another with swords. Why not turn the blood green instead of red? Does that make the violence any less clear?


Why do they freak out over sex and not violence? Simple. Religious cultural traditions create puritanical people.

It's largely Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to blame, but no religion really seems to grasp an understanding of people which is equivalent to our modern understanding of sexuality. Though they are extremely pro-violence, evidenced by reading their books, or listening to them talk, what they are not however, is sexually liberated. These are the most sexually repressed religions to be found anywhere. It is their brainwashing affecting lawmakers who are then repressing our sophisticated understanding of sexuality.


Actually if you read the bible you'd find that it doesn't actually support violence, especially in the new testament.


Your statement suggests only that you have yet to read it yourself.
208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / dallas,tx
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
the first 10min. of Basilisk ep 1 has dozens of people dying from arrows to the head or a sword across the throat with fountains of blood and the one scene that is censored is the woman bathing under the waterfall. i don't understand why they did that
31190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/29/12

AshRandom wrote:


Kagerusui wrote:

This question is mainly buy not limited to the Admin/Mods of Crunchyroll but all members as well.

After researching a little about laws in the US I learned that children sex is illegal in the US. (Hentai)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_pornography_laws_in_the_United_States


WRONG. ... from your own link man, hentai is fine in the U.S.

Simulated child pornography was made illegal with the Child Pornography Prevention Act of 1996. The CPPA was short-lived. In 2002, the Supreme Court of the United States decided Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition, holding that the relevant portions of the CPPA were unconstitutional because they prevented lawful speech. Referring to Ferber, the court stated that "the CPPA prohibits speech that records no crime and creates no victims by its production. Virtual child pornography is not 'intrinsically related' to the sexual abuse of children."


I just based on that conclusion based on some cases in the past.
A good example would be the Christopher Handley case.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-11/christopher-handley-sentenced-to-6-months-for-obscene-manga

This guy's life was ruined because of Hentai.

-------------------------------

Stretching what I said: I don't want hentai on the site. However Ecchi is good. And yes I know I can buy the DVD versions, or watch it elsewhere.
But my point was why not have it here?
I believe the quality of service will increase with low/no censorship than the exaggerated/current version.
21547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
Keep the religious chatter in the religious topic. Honestly, it has no place here, religion isn't why it's censored, it's parenting controls in japan.

And I've complained about censorship around here too, but as AncientOne kindly pointed out each time, it's fruitless until CR changes there terms with the japanese companies, which isn't likely since DVD sales would probably suffer if there content is so easily reached via stream.

If you want uncensored anime in decent quality, I've found a number of sites. Just google and enjoy!~
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/29/12 , edited 8/29/12

Kagerusui wrote:


AshRandom wrote:


Kagerusui wrote:

This question is mainly buy not limited to the Admin/Mods of Crunchyroll but all members as well.

After researching a little about laws in the US I learned that children sex is illegal in the US. (Hentai)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_pornography_laws_in_the_United_States


WRONG. ... from your own link man, hentai is fine in the U.S.

Simulated child pornography was made illegal with the Child Pornography Prevention Act of 1996. The CPPA was short-lived. In 2002, the Supreme Court of the United States decided Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition, holding that the relevant portions of the CPPA were unconstitutional because they prevented lawful speech. Referring to Ferber, the court stated that "the CPPA prohibits speech that records no crime and creates no victims by its production. Virtual child pornography is not 'intrinsically related' to the sexual abuse of children."


I just based on that conclusion based on some cases in the past.
A good example would be the Christopher Handley case.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-11/christopher-handley-sentenced-to-6-months-for-obscene-manga

This guy's life was ruined because of Hentai.

-------------------------------

Stretching what I said: I don't want hentai on the site. However Ecchi is good. And yes I know I can buy the DVD versions, or watch it elsewhere.
But my point was why not have it here?
I believe the quality of service will increase with low/no censorship than the exaggerated/current version.


Obscenity is not the same thing as child pornography. An item is child pornography only when it depicts an actual minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct, regardless of the conditions under which it is made, the quality or character of its portrayal, or the morals of the community in which it is found. For this reason "virtual child pornography" is not child pornography at all under the law. It is an oxymoron.

This shit is going to be taken down once it gets challenged in a higher appellate court and the supreme court. That man should not have pleaded guilty, in the pursuit of liberty he didn't do anyone any favors, especially not himself. If it was me I would take it all the way to the supreme court and ensure freedom for the rest of us.

As for why, I only have practical reasons: even assuming they really are predators then it's a horrible idea not to give child predators a non-violent, non-abusive, virtual alternative. Either we need to kill them, or pacify them. The current solutions to sex crimes applied under the law, are untenable. Recidivism rates wouldn't be so ridiculous if that were not true.
208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / dallas,tx
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
on CR the here and there topless scenes in super robot wars is censored but the full frontal nudity in magician's academy is shown even though MA involves teens
25695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Universe :0
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
I think they should have an adult section. Just verify credit card information, age, etc, and it should be fine. Why not.
& also a good idea would be if the only way you can access an adult page is if youre already logged onto your account. (premium account )
Then when it comes to ecchi, only censor it for regular users. Keep it uncensored for Premium users. This I think would be fair. If you want to watch uncensored content you should pay for it.
54105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/29/12 , edited 8/29/12
So, if I may take a step back to collect what I've read so far:

Some guy has sparked off an aimless discussion, using censorship as a legitimizing crutch, all because Crunchyroll isn't satisfying his appetite for animated soft-core erotic material?

The Google bar has become quite powerful these days. I would suggest trying your luck there.

Perhaps if the original post didn't seem so libido-driven, it would hold more weight.
It really sounds like someone's tantrum for more "boobies" or vaginas or child "boobies" or child vaginas, or whatever counts as "ecchi" these days (maybe it's child breasts rubbing on child vaginas, who knows).
21547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/29/12

Kagerusui wrote:

This question is mainly buy not limited to the Admin/Mods of Crunchyroll but all members as well.

After researching a little about laws in the US I learned that children sex is illegal in the US. (Hentai)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_pornography_laws_in_the_United_States
However I failed to find anything regarding Ecchi.

I opened this topic after watching some of the shows hosted here being censored to the point I grew tired of it or annoyed. I know that every mod so far have strictly said "NO TO HENTAI!" pretty much all over.

But what about Ecchi?
I understand that there are some Ecchi stuff on the site, but most of them are bashed with a black frame across my screen.
Why? >_<

So my main question would be, are we ever going to get an adult Crunchyroll or is there one already?
Is it being considered?, maybe Premium Users only?

If you are an admin or mod please reply with a better answer than "NO AND NO!"

The rest of us can discuss on this :)

Just to be clear, Hentai means animated porn, tentacle rape, etc.
Ecchi means perverted, boobies, etc.



superfreshlikeuh wrote:

So, if I may take a step back to collect what I've read so far:

Some guy has sparked off an aimless discussion, using censorship as a legitimizing crutch, all because Crunchyroll isn't satisfying his appetite for animated soft-core erotic material?

The Google bar has become quite powerful these days. I would suggest trying your luck there.

Perhaps if the original post didn't seem so libido-driven, it would hold more weight.
It really sounds like someone's tantrum for more "boobies" or vaginas or child "boobies" or child vaginas, or whatever counts as "ecchi" these days (maybe it's child breasts rubbing on child vaginas, who knows).


... where in the original post does it seem 'libido-driven'
40215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Southwest USA
Offline
Posted 8/29/12 , edited 8/29/12

agila61
This is not strictly true, since AT-X ~ a subscription channel ~ always gets the uncensored cut, as well as often having a subscription premier in advance of the first broadcast premier. Since its uncensored, they are the most popular sources of bootleg RAWs for the anime they carry. And since the RAW distribution sites do not region filter, people from overseas can download that as the video source for bootlegs distributed with subtitles ripped off from Crunchyroll.

AT-X gets the uncensored cut because they pay a substantial amount extra for it, of course.

Crunchyroll is not in the position to pay that much per view to get access to the uncensored cut, so they get a censored cut, just like free to air broadcast TV in Japan.

Now, when Crunchyroll gets their material by sublicensing from a DVD/BD distributor, like many of their catalog titles, then the North American distributors provide Crunchyroll with the uncensored material.

Maybe some day Crunchyroll will generate enough revenue for the Japanese production companies to be able to demand the uncensored cuts. But that day has not yet arrived.



On that note, I also agree with

phanAn wrote:
I watch just about everything and it is so annoying how many Animes to date have the grituitues 10 veiw pantie shots and forklift tits with no real story line. And worst is when the story is good it's ruined by the pantie shots and boobs in the way,


There are so many shows that have a great story or the potential to be great but they instead focus on boobies and panty shots. I guess I dont get ecchi, if you are 18+ why not go for the gold and watch the hentai instead of a show that is just a big tease.

26403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Boston
Online
Posted 8/29/12
Does it really matter if crunchyroll has adult content? This is the internet, you can find anything you want anywhere for any or no price.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.