First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Crunchyroll for Adults
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/30/12 , edited 8/30/12

maffoo wrote:


AshRandom wrote:


The_Meta wrote:
He didn't read it all the way through.

If you turn in a paper where you demonstrate incompetence in the very first paragraph, any professor worth his salt would just flunk you. Learn what the word rationality means, then come back and write me an essay on how to apply the laws of thought and why the fundamental axiomatic rules upon which rational discourse itself is based NEED TO APPLY.

Otherwise, carry on being deluded and not understanding why your fallacious arguments are inherent failures.


If you didn't read the post, how can you say that the arguments are fallacious? Shouldn't a rational person actually think about arguments before dismissing them?



He started out with one. Twice. Go look.

And whatever, if you give someone enough ammunition to blow your argument out of the water in your very first paragraph the subsequent ones aren't going to bring it back to life.

When he instantly fell back into disgusting christian apologetic for why it's okay to be a gang of murderers because it was the dark ages it was obvious who he was quoting. And really, how daft about history can you be? As if the dark ages were dark everywhere. Really? The east was experiencing a golden age of trade and enlightenment. The whole reason it was the dark ages in Europe was because of fundamentalist Christianity. They thought money changing was evil, they thought making a profit was evil. They destroyed the economy and created a disaster that lasted for hundreds of years. How is what they did an excuse for the other stuff they did? That's circular logic.

He's got no evidence, and no argument, so what does he do, act self righteous and insulted so he can use the accusatory stance of: "Oh you're being so intolerant of religious people."

Yes, I'm intolerant of sexually repressed religious wingnuts who kill each other over things that some charlatan asserted back in bronze age Palestine. Would you not agree that it is palpably wicked and evil to defend an organization that was busy burning women alive for let's say a week? Yes? Well these people push a book which orders people to do it if they take it literally, and they did it across the globe for more than 500 years, and they're still burning women today in radicalized Christian Africa as a result of the Catholic church's efforts. So they can't even claim it has ended!
Posted 8/30/12

AshRandom wrote:


maffoo wrote:


AshRandom wrote:


The_Meta wrote:
He didn't read it all the way through.

If you turn in a paper where you demonstrate incompetence in the very first paragraph, any professor worth his salt would just flunk you. Learn what the word rationality means, then come back and write me an essay on how to apply the laws of thought and why the fundamental axiomatic rules upon which rational discourse itself is based NEED TO APPLY.

Otherwise, carry on being deluded and not understanding why your fallacious arguments are inherent failures.


If you didn't read the post, how can you say that the arguments are fallacious? Shouldn't a rational person actually think about arguments before dismissing them?



He started out with one. Twice. Go look.

And whatever, if you give someone enough ammunition to blow your argument out of the water in your very first paragraph the subsequent ones aren't going to bring it back to life.

When he instantly fell back into disgusting christian apologetic for why it's okay to be a gang of murderers because it was the dark ages it was obvious who he was quoting. And really, how daft about history can you be? As if the dark ages were dark everywhere. Really? The east was experiencing a golden age of trade and enlightenment. The whole reason it was the dark ages in Europe was because of fundamentalist Christianity. They thought money changing was evil, they thought making a profit was evil. They destroyed the economy and created a disaster that lasted for hundreds of years. How is what they did an excuse for the other stuff they did? That's circular logic.

He's got no evidence, and no argument, so what does he do, act self righteous and insulted so he can use the accusatory stance of: "Oh you're being so intolerant of religious people."

Yes, I'm intolerant of sexually repressed religious wingnuts who kill each other over things that some charlatan asserted back in bronze age palatine. Would you not agree that it is palpably wicked and evil to defend an organization that was busy burning women alive for let's say a week? Yes? Well these people push a book which orders people to do it if they take it literally, and they did it across the globe for more than 500 years, and they're still burning women today in radicalized Christian Africa as a result of the Catholic church's efforts. So they can't even claim it has ended!


You care way too much.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/30/12

karmacide wrote:


AshRandom wrote:
Yes, I'm intolerant of sexually repressed religious wingnuts who kill each other over things that some charlatan asserted back in bronze age palatine. Would you not agree that it is palpably wicked and evil to defend an organization that was busy burning women alive for let's say a week? Yes? Well these people push a book which orders people to do it if they take it literally, and they did it across the globe for more than 500 years, and they're still burning women today in radicalized Christian Africa as a result of the Catholic church's efforts. So they can't even claim it has ended!


You care way too much.

Fair enough, but it's their sexually repressed religious nonsense that's getting people locked up for "obscenity charges" when they buy cartoon porn that some artist drew. This topic heading we're under -- is the social end result of their oppressive mentality.
maffoo 
65807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/30/12

AshRandom wrote:

And whatever, if you give someone enough ammunition to blow your argument out of the water in your very first paragraph the subsequent ones aren't going to bring it back to life.


Sorry, I disagree. You can't assume that all of the arguments are flawed just because some are.


When he instantly fell back into disgusting christian apologetic for why it's okay to be a gang of murderers because it was the dark ages it was obvious who he was quoting. And really, how daft about history can you be? As if the dark ages were dark everywhere. Really? Constantinople was experiencing a golden age of trade and enlightenment. The whole reason it was the dark ages in Europe was because of fundamentalist Christianity.

He's got no evidence, and no argument, so what does he do, act self righteous and insulted so he can use the accusatory stance of: "Oh you're being so intolerant of religious people."

Yes, I'm intolerant of sexually repressed religious wingnuts who kill each other over things that some charlatan asserted back in bronze age palatine. Would you not agree that it is palpably wicked and evil to defend an organization that was busy burning women alive for let's say a week? Yes? Well these people push a book which orders people to do it if they take it literally, and they did it across the globe for more than 500 years, and they're still burning women today in radicalized Christian Africa as a result of the Catholic church's efforts. So they can't even claim it has ended!


I think we've read his post in different ways. I read it as putting the actions of Christians in the Middle Ages in the context of the general beliefs of the time, rather than saying it was okay. People believed things in those days that seem odd, even abhorrent, to our modern, "enlightened" eyes, but it made sense to people at the time, in the absence of our current knowledge. This in no way makes it right, and certainly doesn't excuse modern fundamentalists who have that knowledge at their disposal, if they care to use it.

I will say that I agree with him on the intolerance point. I find it ironic that militant atheists will complain about how much hate and intolerance comes from religion, but then show pure hatred towards religious people, and assume that for example all Christians are fundamentalists. To my eyes, this in itself is a form of religious fundamentalism.

I also have to ask, is there any point in throwing anti-religion vitriol around in a thread like this? Religious people won't be convinced, so wouldn't it make more sense to walk away and leave them to their irrational beliefs?

(Apologies to the OP - I'll resist the temptation to say any more on this subject so I don't derail the thread any further )
jree78 
57794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 8/30/12

aDripDropDripping wrote:

I thought alot of these "echii" shows where shown at ridiculous times in japan. like between 11-3am. surely they wouldn't need to sensor stuff at that hour ? i could be wrong though.


They sensor porn on dvd. They sensor stuff in the US at the same times except on premium channels.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/30/12 , edited 8/30/12

maffoo wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

And whatever, if you give someone enough ammunition to blow your argument out of the water in your very first paragraph the subsequent ones aren't going to bring it back to life.


Sorry, I disagree. You can't assume that all of the arguments are flawed just because some are.


When he instantly fell back into disgusting christian apologetic for why it's okay to be a gang of murderers because it was the dark ages it was obvious who he was quoting. And really, how daft about history can you be? As if the dark ages were dark everywhere. Really? Constantinople was experiencing a golden age of trade and enlightenment. The whole reason it was the dark ages in Europe was because of fundamentalist Christianity.

He's got no evidence, and no argument, so what does he do, act self righteous and insulted so he can use the accusatory stance of: "Oh you're being so intolerant of religious people."

Yes, I'm intolerant of sexually repressed religious wingnuts who kill each other over things that some charlatan asserted back in bronze age palatine. Would you not agree that it is palpably wicked and evil to defend an organization that was busy burning women alive for let's say a week? Yes? Well these people push a book which orders people to do it if they take it literally, and they did it across the globe for more than 500 years, and they're still burning women today in radicalized Christian Africa as a result of the Catholic church's efforts. So they can't even claim it has ended!


I think we've read his post in different ways. I read it as putting the actions of Christians in the Middle Ages in the context of the general beliefs of the time, rather than saying it was okay. People believed things in those days that seem odd, even abhorrent, to our modern, "enlightened" eyes, but it made sense to people at the time, in the absence of our current knowledge. This in no way makes it right, and certainly doesn't excuse modern fundamentalists who have that knowledge at their disposal, if they care to use it.

I will say that I agree with him on the intolerance point. I find it ironic that militant atheists will complain about how much hate and intolerance comes from religion, but then show pure hatred towards religious people, and assume that for example all Christians are fundamentalists. To my eyes, this in itself is a form of religious fundamentalism.

I also have to ask, is there any point in throwing anti-religion vitriol around in a thread like this? Religious people won't be convinced, so wouldn't it make more sense to walk away and leave them to their irrational beliefs?

(Apologies to the OP - I'll resist the temptation to say any more on this subject so I don't derail the thread any further )


The word intolerance when used in respect to religious people amounts to:
The destruction of nations and the torture and murder of men, women and children.

When "militant atheists" like myself are accused of intolerance the big difference is that:
WE DESTROY DUMB ARGUMENTS AND HURT NO ONE


48366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/30/12
i'm paying on this site for a subscription why do I have to subjected to censoring! I don't pay to get sub part work where half of the screen has an ugly black bar and this goes not only for echi shows anyone remember dead man wonderland god they censure all the gore christ they could have a censoring option if their that worried about children but as a paying consumer I should be entitled to the full show
Posted 8/30/12

were_wolf_91 wrote:

i'm paying on this site for a subscription why do I have to subjected to censoring! I don't pay to get sub part work where half of the screen has an ugly black bar and this goes not only for echi shows anyone remember dead man wonderland god they censure all the gore christ they could have a censoring option if their that worried about children but as a paying consumer I should be entitled to the full show


You aren't entitled to anything other than what you agreed to pay for.
48366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/30/12

karmacide wrote:


were_wolf_91 wrote:

i'm paying on this site for a subscription why do I have to subjected to censoring! I don't pay to get sub part work where half of the screen has an ugly black bar and this goes not only for echi shows anyone remember dead man wonderland god they censure all the gore christ they could have a censoring option if their that worried about children but as a paying consumer I should be entitled to the full show


You aren't entitled to anything other than what you agreed to pay for.


If you where paying $60 a year or more (depending on the subscription) you wouldn't be angry with the results? And i'm paying for perineum anime thats the long and the short of it. I go to CR because they give me perineum anime at great quality but when they post black bars all across the screen to the point where you can barely see anything that's not perineum anime anymore and that's not what i'm paying so yes in a way I am entitled to it.
Posted 8/30/12

were_wolf_91 wrote:


karmacide wrote:


were_wolf_91 wrote:

i'm paying on this site for a subscription why do I have to subjected to censoring! I don't pay to get sub part work where half of the screen has an ugly black bar and this goes not only for echi shows anyone remember dead man wonderland god they censure all the gore christ they could have a censoring option if their that worried about children but as a paying consumer I should be entitled to the full show


You aren't entitled to anything other than what you agreed to pay for.


If you where paying $60 a year or more (depending on the subscription) you wouldn't be angry with the results? And i'm paying for perineum anime thats the long and the short of it. I go to CR because they give me perineum anime at great quality but when they post black bars all across the screen to the point where you can barely see anything that's not perineum anime anymore and that's not what i'm paying so yes in a way I am entitled to it.


No, you aren't. You know that there is censorship. If that makes the product not worth the price to you, you don't have to pay for it. Your desires for the product to change does not amount to entitlement.
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 8/30/12

were_wolf_91 wrote:


karmacide wrote:


were_wolf_91 wrote:

i'm paying on this site for a subscription why do I have to subjected to censoring! I don't pay to get sub part work where half of the screen has an ugly black bar and this goes not only for echi shows anyone remember dead man wonderland god they censure all the gore christ they could have a censoring option if their that worried about children but as a paying consumer I should be entitled to the full show


You aren't entitled to anything other than what you agreed to pay for.


If you where paying $60 a year or more (depending on the subscription) you wouldn't be angry with the results? And i'm paying for perineum anime thats the long and the short of it. I go to CR because they give me perineum anime at great quality but when they post black bars all across the screen to the point where you can barely see anything that's not perineum anime anymore and that's not what i'm paying so yes in a way I am entitled to it.


Would you be willing to pay more so that Crunchyroll can license the uncensored versions (if even given the option)?
Would other premium members also agree to pay more or will they drop their membership due to the increased cost.

Are you going to cancel your subscription and buy the uncensored DVD/Blu-rays that come with only 2-3 episodes and cost 40-80+$ EACH or are you going to turn to non-legal alternatives just so you can get your pathetic fix?


48366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/30/12

FallenYmir wrote:


were_wolf_91 wrote:


karmacide wrote:


were_wolf_91 wrote:

i'm paying on this site for a subscription why do I have to subjected to censoring! I don't pay to get sub part work where half of the screen has an ugly black bar and this goes not only for echi shows anyone remember dead man wonderland god they censure all the gore christ they could have a censoring option if their that worried about children but as a paying consumer I should be entitled to the full show


You aren't entitled to anything other than what you agreed to pay for.


If you where paying $60 a year or more (depending on the subscription) you wouldn't be angry with the results? And i'm paying for perineum anime thats the long and the short of it. I go to CR because they give me perineum anime at great quality but when they post black bars all across the screen to the point where you can barely see anything that's not perineum anime anymore and that's not what i'm paying so yes in a way I am entitled to it.


Would you be willing to pay more so that Crunchyroll can license the uncensored versions (if even given the option)?
Would other premium members also agree to pay more or will they drop their membership due to the increased cost.

Are you going to cancel your subscription and buy the uncensored DVD/Blu-rays that come with only 2-3 episodes and cost 40-80+$ EACH or are you going to turn to non-legal alternatives just so you can get your pathetic fix?




any real anime fan worth their salt knows how to get animes for free and I don't understand why people who are paying for a membership would have to pay more for that option that option should have been put into place to begin with. And to answer your question of why do I pay for a membership well I pay because I believe in supporting the people who make these shows, and this site also provides me with the convenience of not hunting shows down in certain places. I must apology tho because while I kept saying "I" really ment we all people who pay deserve an uncensored version.
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 8/30/12

were_wolf_91 wrote:


FallenYmir wrote:


were_wolf_91 wrote:


karmacide wrote:


were_wolf_91 wrote:

i'm paying on this site for a subscription why do I have to subjected to censoring! I don't pay to get sub part work where half of the screen has an ugly black bar and this goes not only for echi shows anyone remember dead man wonderland god they censure all the gore christ they could have a censoring option if their that worried about children but as a paying consumer I should be entitled to the full show


You aren't entitled to anything other than what you agreed to pay for.


If you where paying $60 a year or more (depending on the subscription) you wouldn't be angry with the results? And i'm paying for perineum anime thats the long and the short of it. I go to CR because they give me perineum anime at great quality but when they post black bars all across the screen to the point where you can barely see anything that's not perineum anime anymore and that's not what i'm paying so yes in a way I am entitled to it.


Would you be willing to pay more so that Crunchyroll can license the uncensored versions (if even given the option)?
Would other premium members also agree to pay more or will they drop their membership due to the increased cost.

Are you going to cancel your subscription and buy the uncensored DVD/Blu-rays that come with only 2-3 episodes and cost 40-80+$ EACH or are you going to turn to non-legal alternatives just so you can get your pathetic fix?




any real anime fan worth their salt knows how to get animes for free and I don't understand why people who are paying for a membership would have to pay more for that option that option should have been put into place to begin with. And to answer your question of why do I pay for a membership well I pay because I believe in supporting the people who make these shows, and this site also provides me with the convenience of not hunting shows down in certain places. I must apology tho because while I kept saying "I" really ment we all people who pay deserve an uncensored version.


Anyone with a brain knows how to get anime for free (or mostly anything for that matter) on the internet...

You do understand that getting the rights to stream the uncensored episode probably cost a lot more than the censored broadcast version which would raise the cost of membership in order to pay for those series. Seeing how you complain that 60+$ is too much for you, would you still be a member if prices were higher in the first place in order to afford the rights?

I'm pretty sure not everyone would be happy, or willing, to pay more just so a portion of the community can enjoy some pixelated fanservice.
68876 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Colorado, USA
Online
Posted 8/30/12 , edited 8/30/12
The religious debate is ridiculous. The mods need to outright delete that clutter as exclusively religion is debated there, not the topic. That's the sort of thing you need to bring to PM if you want to prove your point, this isn't the place for that.


Some have said "get your hentai elsewhere" and similar, but please realize the focus here: CENSORSHIP. First, "elsewhere" is never an answer for the mission of Crunchyroll. Many of us are former pirates, not proud current pirates.

Censorship is an additional step of a third party's influence that forces alteration of an oringinal work into a variant that was not a part of the creator's ideals. To me censorship is vandalism of art.

DVDs are not a "solution" to censorship. As I mention often and will continue to reiterate: censorship loses my viewership very instantly. If I was repelled away from a show, you can bet that I'll have nothing to admire and drive a desire for buying a DVD of it. It is a loss of sales.

That fact that minors visit this site is no barrier. Netflix, YouTube, and more serve R rated movies. That's a more severe rating than what most censored shows we get are. Do you complain about minor's access to those? There are barriers placed, so that this content doesn't just appear randomly to a minor. If a minor has the ability to bypass such a barrier, then please remember what the greater percentage of the internet carries with greater ease of access.

Censorship is unreasonable. And on the note of getting what we pay for, I absolutely cannot watch a show with censorship. So no, I am not getting what I want for this service in such cases. The difficulty is in changing the terms CR agrees with, but I believe it is possible (see above loss of sales) and that it would be the right thing to do.


Hentai is not pivotal to this topic, but extending the relevant points, it would not be an unreasonable addition. It would not be in any way the focus of the site, and if you don't want to see it, you won't. But all content creators deserve to be compensated for their work, and that is the mission CR has done well. I've definitely gone on to buy artbooks thanks to means of discovery imageboards provide.
19090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/12
This conversation would benefit from a CR chiming in and explaining why it is censored to begin with today. We are somewhat wasting our collective time and energy with only educated guesses to start from. That said, the Feedback/Suggestions is already full of posts on this topic and pretty much in line with what everyone is saying... if anyone with CR actually reads that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.