First  Prev  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  Next  Last
Finding a woman/man that's into Anime/Video-games
22501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/14/12

AshRandom wrote:


eternalchaos4200 wrote:

It seems impossible where i live to find a woman with intrests in anime/manga videogames you know that sort of stuff is it me or does anyone else have this problem

i live in georgia so any time i even speak the word anime they look at me like im retarded and if i talk about video games they think im a loser which i really dont care what they think it just seems like an impossible task at findin a woman thats into that stuff


Well, here's a life-tip: even if you make disgusting amounts of money, they still won't play video games with you, or watch the shows you like. They're people, they have their own preferences and most of those preferences are naturally as testosterone-free as they are.

Date the girls you like, and do the things they enjoy when you're with them. That's your only option. Stick to your guy friends when you want to play games, they fight harder, actually enjoy the competition, and rarely take it personally. Even among the girls who enjoy video games, the girls who actually like you, won't want to beat you, so they'll let you win. And the girls that don't like you, rather obviously, won't be dropping by to play. So there you have it.


Actually I love playing against my husband on video games and enjoy it when he beats me in a video game cause then it means I have to try even harder and when I beat him it means I have tried my hardest and I always watch shows my husband likes and if i dont wanna watch them thats what I have this site for to watch stuff that he wouldnt like on my computer ipod ps3 samsung 3D blu ray player
17166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / California
Offline
Posted 9/14/12
Liking games isn't even a matter of 'having' to beat others, and really has nothing to do with being male or not. Sometimes you can be that level of fan who just likes games for the sake of playing them. I've never felt the need to be 'as good as the boys' so to speak and well, I don't think I would date a guy who made it a must that I had to keep up or shut up etc etc.
22718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Behind you
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
Now I feel self-conscious, all of my friends and I love video games and anime
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Griffin GA
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

Vixen929 wrote:

Now I feel self-conscious, all of my friends and I love video games and anime


what why?
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Griffin GA
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

alicorn83 wrote:

Liking games isn't even a matter of 'having' to beat others, and really has nothing to do with being male or not. Sometimes you can be that level of fan who just likes games for the sake of playing them. I've never felt the need to be 'as good as the boys' so to speak and well, I don't think I would date a guy who made it a must that I had to keep up or shut up etc etc.


not me win or loose it dont matter its the time spent togeather that matters thats my opinion anyways
4850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Bay area California
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

eternalchaos4200 wrote:


alicorn83 wrote:

Liking games isn't even a matter of 'having' to beat others, and really has nothing to do with being male or not. Sometimes you can be that level of fan who just likes games for the sake of playing them. I've never felt the need to be 'as good as the boys' so to speak and well, I don't think I would date a guy who made it a must that I had to keep up or shut up etc etc.


not me win or loose it dont matter its the time spent togeather that matters thats my opinion anyways


I like to say.
First . get to know how to talk to a girl man.
Girls like guys who are not shy and just straight out there.
Guys believe it or not. we are cool with whatever. You willing to risk your dignity and go up to all your friends and say " i like anime" most the guys would go "thats cool man, I like the Simpsons too"

it could always go south. But you know what. You learn and adapt. that's how human is .

13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

Jennifer_2011 wrote:
Actually I love playing against my husband on video games and enjoy it when he beats me in a video game cause then it means I have to try even harder and when I beat him it means I have tried my hardest and I always watch shows my husband likes and if i dont wanna watch them thats what I have this site for to watch stuff that he wouldnt like on my computer ipod ps3 samsung 3D blu ray player


I'm glad for you, but statistically speaking, your example is still only part of a fractional minority.
18542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Maryland
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
I would love to talk to a guy into anime/manga/video games. Message me sometime!
589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / London, UK
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
Being honest, I'm actually not fond of letting guys I meet know I'm interested in anime/manga/videogames, simply because in my experience it tends to be a huge catalyst in making them see me as just a friend rather than a potential romantic interest. If they bring it up, I'll talk about it, but I tend to actively tone myself down while doing so.
4164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / On board the Musa...
Offline
Posted 9/15/12 , edited 9/15/12
Finally I got though all 35 pages of this forum and my was it fun to read all the comments. So Mr Eternalchaos I wish to thank you for posting up this forum as I'm sure there are others like you on here plus the advise here is pretty much good and all the people so far from what I read have been nice. Its good that your taking care of your health by going to the gym. But really the way I see it stop worrying about wanting a girlfriend. I would say concentrate in finding a job first and the rest may fall into place.

Still getting a girlfriend takes time. First you will have to get to known them. Second finding out if they are right for you and if they love you back. Also girls would just be as shy as guys so for all you know they could be thinking of wanting to approach you due to some keychain that lets say has Tenzou from Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon that you have and she has a Mary (Also from the same show) keychain you should pretty much approach her and comment on how you like her keychain. That way she would know that you have an interest in that show and from there you would have something to talk about. All and all what I'm trying to say is if you see an anime related item that you like go up to them as say that you very much like their item as for all you know that could be the start of a relationship.

Like allot of the other commenter's have said cons, bookstores, game shops, forums, mmo would be your best bet in finding people that like anime and games. You can even get lucky when walking to the gym and see that some girl has an anime related bag. And yeah being shy would make it a bit difficult but by doing it more often you will get a better understanding in what to day next time. So if you mess up the first time look back at it and see what went wrong and found out ways to improve it so next time you will be better at it. Besides you did fine while at dragon con by getting them girls numbers. So make sure you call them and become friends with them. So goood luck and don't feel discourage if it does not work for the first, second etc girl. As long as you become friends with them things will fall into place. Not only that they could introduce you to other people that are into anime and games and you may find the one there.
66167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Los Angeles
Online
Posted 9/15/12
OP, I'd like to wish you luck on your quest to find someone who will meet your criteria.

I'd like to give you some advice on how to find someone... but unfortunately I can't. I had my first gf at 18 but that was a short relationship as it ended when I was 21. I stayed outta the game for about 6 years.. but these past two years I haven't found the right one yet myself.

I can give you some advice (rather some hindsight on my mistakes) on what not to do if you do end up in a relationship:
1) Don't give all of yourself to her during the dating phase... I became a vegetarian, gave up a great start to my education and career, spent money on gifts.

2) But... if you're like me, you'll probably do the above anyway (and i'm almost certain I'll do the above again). So... don't become bitter about it. Don't let your relationship turn into bitter competition about whose giving up more.

3) But... if you're like the old me, you'll probably do the above anyway. So... don't become lazy and play the blame game. Most arguments in relationships are small.. and by tomorrow, just let bygones be bygones. Save your "sleeping on the couch" arguments for big ticket items like houses, cars to buy, how to raise kids... and then after you've had your say, drop it. You'll be spending time with this person.. would you rather be hostile towards them? Answer should immediately be no.


Happy weekend everybody.
439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / CANADA
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

sillyriri wrote:

Being honest, I'm actually not fond of letting guys I meet know I'm interested in anime/manga/videogames, simply because in my experience it tends to be a huge catalyst in making them see me as just a friend rather than a potential romantic interest. If they bring it up, I'll talk about it, but I tend to actively tone myself down while doing so.



Tbh I also feel this way. Most girls won't come out and say on a first date or the first time meeting a guy that they're interested in that they're nerds. Because as much as guys say that they'd love a girl who games and watches sports and reads manga, the truth is it becomes really easy to slip into the friend zone. Also, in my personal experience (since me and my friends are nerds), girls who are nerds are just as incapable of talking to guys as guys are to girls.

Despite everything, I think most nerdy girls are under the impression that guys want hot, skinny, girly girls who look like models and would rather play down their nerdiness in hopes of keeping a guy hooked than full out fangirl and risk chasing the guy away.
22718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Behind you
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

eternalchaos4200 wrote:


Vixen929 wrote:

Now I feel self-conscious, all of my friends and I love video games and anime


what why?


I didn't know it was so unusual XD
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Griffin GA
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

Vixen929 wrote:


eternalchaos4200 wrote:


Vixen929 wrote:

Now I feel self-conscious, all of my friends and I love video games and anime


what why?


I didn't know it was so unusual XD


i mean to me it is where i live lol
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
LOL okay so I had to let my CR peops know what had just happened:

So I'm at Toys R Us buying some gifts for my godchildren and this guy asks if my naruto wallet was a gift or if I was actually a fan. So I'm like Well yeah I watch it. And then he asks if I watch the anime or read the manga. And I said, well usually the anime but if there a part where I can't wait I'll jump and read ahead in the manga. And he's like OMG I can't believe there's an anime fan that's as pretty as you around ere. You're the first customer I've seen that's a fan.

And then he asked for my number.

Lol so guys - the FEMALES are out there! Just look for the cues!

(naruto wallet lulz)
First  Prev  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.