First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
Finding a woman/man that's into Anime/Video-games
13979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 20.0167° N, 155.6...
Offline
Posted 9/24/12
wow I watched this post grow....... hey atleast you got to meet some nice girls. for me I know their my down fall. the last girlfriend I had I almost married within 6 months. i took good care of her but one day. I woke up and no sparks...... guess i'll have to try again too before I get too old...lol...
19071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New England
Offline
Posted 9/24/12
Don't be afraid to meet people while you're doing something you enjoy. I met my fiance in a forum much like this one, and even though we were long distance for a while, we got to take our time and really get to know each other.
It can be hard finding people who have similar interests and a compatible personality, but if you spend time doing something you enjoy, chances are you'll meet someone who has a lot in common with you.
35498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 9/25/12

alniau wrote:

wow I watched this post grow....... hey atleast you got to meet some nice girls. for me I know their my down fall. the last girlfriend I had I almost married within 6 months. i took good care of her but one day. I woke up and no sparks...... guess i'll have to try again too before I get too old...lol...


This happened with me too with my ex. 2 Years together and he was 2 months off proposing and I ended the relationship when I realized that there was no spark. It took a week or two after breaking up but he realized it too =/

Love comes naturally I find without having to go out of your way to find it.
35498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 9/25/12

Denmi-Sama wrote:


Denmi-Sama wrote:

LOL okay so I had to let my CR peops know what had just happened:

So I'm at Toys R Us buying some gifts for my godchildren and this guy asks if my naruto wallet was a gift or if I was actually a fan. So I'm like Well yeah I watch it. And then he asks if I watch the anime or read the manga. And I said, well usually the anime but if there a part where I can't wait I'll jump and read ahead in the manga. And he's like OMG I can't believe there's an anime fan that's as pretty as you around ere. You're the first customer I've seen that's a fan.

And then he asked for my number.

Lol so guys - the FEMALES are out there! Just look for the cues!

(naruto wallet lulz)



UPDATE:

So I actually went on a date with this guy. (Which I NEVER do but this forum kinda inspired to be more opened) So we texted for a few days and decided to go out on Friday night. He wanted to talk over the phone I didn't really have time so we mostly texted (which I normally hate texting but oh well...)

At first I got scared because I thought this guy was a NARUTARD. Literally, we were texting about Naruto - the anime, manga, characters, idiosyncratic behaviors of characters, etc. At first I was thinking: Hmmm okay, well we met through Naruto so he's probably just looking for a common topic to break the ice...

But he wouldn't stop.

Every day we texted and it was still about Naruto. At first I thought it was cute but then after awhile I got kinda bored. But he also decided on where we should eat and whatnot (and I don't mind letting the guy take initiative at all) so I promised myself I'd only go on this one date and if this guy is still Narutarding then I'll leave it at that.


FRIDAY COMES AROUND.

He chose a ramen place. It was called "Naruto Ramen" in Manhattan.

.................................................

But then I lol'd because I mean - we did have a connection through Naruto. He even went as far as find a ramen place (that really did remind me of the Ichiraku Ramen Shop in Naruto) so I went for it.

And he shaved his hair! D:

So we sat and he ordered some sort of fried rice and I ordered the ramen. It was his first time trying this place and he doesn't like Ramen because it has too much sodium. I went for it even though I didn't really try real authentic ramen before. (It was pretty awesome! HUGE PORTION HOLY POOPSTICLES!) And I find out that he's a picky eater.

So I find out that this guy actually has a life - Former EMT who's studying for his Medics certification. We just talked about anime, school, miscellaneous stuff... etc. I was so relaxed during the date (probably because I was just treating it as if hanging out with a new friend) that I was probably a little rude/honest but he didn't mind me being so. I was basically straightforward with him and he opened up to me - more than what he initially wanted to do.



So basically - date ended well. He wanted to go to another date and I agreed. Time-wise though we're screwed because he works and so do I. But he still texts me and he has his cute moments. lol and now it's beyond Naruto.


MORALS OF THE STORY:

1. BE BRAVE! Not trying is 100% failure.
2. DO NOT BE A NARUTARD!!!! IT IS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE QUALITY~~~! This guy was lucky because I had patience. But there are more things in life than Naruto (LIKE CLANNAD: AFTER STORY! XD) but please don't only talk about Naruto.
3. Be romantic! Don't tell the chick "OH I LOVE YOU" but I mean follow-through with the conversation you have. This guy remembered A LOT of what we said and we both make inside jokes about it now. He remembers that I LOVE Hello Kitty so when he saw it he texted me that it reminded him of me. I was like Awwwww.....
4. HAVE PATIENCE! I clearly told this guy that I was looking more for a friend but that I would go out with him on another date. I think this guy fell for me more than I did him (and it looks like it's going to stay this way - it's not his fault though I just have issues I need to work out... and I'm not really attracted to him otherwise). But in any relationship - it takes TIME to develop. Just like friendships aren't formed after one meeting.
5. FRIENDS ARE GREAT!! Even if the girl isn't looking for a boyfriend and/or doesn't like you that way - don't give her up. You never know - maybe she will like you later OR she can introduce you to someone else. Or she might just be the kind of friend you're looking for. Maybe she can be that other person you'd like to share your anime/gaming interests with.


I'm so happy everything is going well (ish). I find having accessories is a good pro tip for hunting out fellow fans. Nothing OTT like wearing stuff from head to toe but little things like subtle t-shirts (eg FMA symbol), mobile phone straps, keyrings, pins ect. They make you stand out to people in the know but don't make you stand out as a person to avoid with normal people.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 9/25/12

idioteva wrote:


Denmi-Sama wrote:


Denmi-Sama wrote:

LOL okay so I had to let my CR peops know what had just happened:

So I'm at Toys R Us buying some gifts for my godchildren and this guy asks if my naruto wallet was a gift or if I was actually a fan. So I'm like Well yeah I watch it. And then he asks if I watch the anime or read the manga. And I said, well usually the anime but if there a part where I can't wait I'll jump and read ahead in the manga. And he's like OMG I can't believe there's an anime fan that's as pretty as you around ere. You're the first customer I've seen that's a fan.

And then he asked for my number.

Lol so guys - the FEMALES are out there! Just look for the cues!

(naruto wallet lulz)



UPDATE:

So I actually went on a date with this guy. (Which I NEVER do but this forum kinda inspired to be more opened) So we texted for a few days and decided to go out on Friday night. He wanted to talk over the phone I didn't really have time so we mostly texted (which I normally hate texting but oh well...)

At first I got scared because I thought this guy was a NARUTARD. Literally, we were texting about Naruto - the anime, manga, characters, idiosyncratic behaviors of characters, etc. At first I was thinking: Hmmm okay, well we met through Naruto so he's probably just looking for a common topic to break the ice...

But he wouldn't stop.

Every day we texted and it was still about Naruto. At first I thought it was cute but then after awhile I got kinda bored. But he also decided on where we should eat and whatnot (and I don't mind letting the guy take initiative at all) so I promised myself I'd only go on this one date and if this guy is still Narutarding then I'll leave it at that.


FRIDAY COMES AROUND.

He chose a ramen place. It was called "Naruto Ramen" in Manhattan.

.................................................

But then I lol'd because I mean - we did have a connection through Naruto. He even went as far as find a ramen place (that really did remind me of the Ichiraku Ramen Shop in Naruto) so I went for it.

And he shaved his hair! D:

So we sat and he ordered some sort of fried rice and I ordered the ramen. It was his first time trying this place and he doesn't like Ramen because it has too much sodium. I went for it even though I didn't really try real authentic ramen before. (It was pretty awesome! HUGE PORTION HOLY POOPSTICLES!) And I find out that he's a picky eater.

So I find out that this guy actually has a life - Former EMT who's studying for his Medics certification. We just talked about anime, school, miscellaneous stuff... etc. I was so relaxed during the date (probably because I was just treating it as if hanging out with a new friend) that I was probably a little rude/honest but he didn't mind me being so. I was basically straightforward with him and he opened up to me - more than what he initially wanted to do.



So basically - date ended well. He wanted to go to another date and I agreed. Time-wise though we're screwed because he works and so do I. But he still texts me and he has his cute moments. lol and now it's beyond Naruto.


MORALS OF THE STORY:

1. BE BRAVE! Not trying is 100% failure.
2. DO NOT BE A NARUTARD!!!! IT IS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE QUALITY~~~! This guy was lucky because I had patience. But there are more things in life than Naruto (LIKE CLANNAD: AFTER STORY! XD) but please don't only talk about Naruto.
3. Be romantic! Don't tell the chick "OH I LOVE YOU" but I mean follow-through with the conversation you have. This guy remembered A LOT of what we said and we both make inside jokes about it now. He remembers that I LOVE Hello Kitty so when he saw it he texted me that it reminded him of me. I was like Awwwww.....
4. HAVE PATIENCE! I clearly told this guy that I was looking more for a friend but that I would go out with him on another date. I think this guy fell for me more than I did him (and it looks like it's going to stay this way - it's not his fault though I just have issues I need to work out... and I'm not really attracted to him otherwise). But in any relationship - it takes TIME to develop. Just like friendships aren't formed after one meeting.
5. FRIENDS ARE GREAT!! Even if the girl isn't looking for a boyfriend and/or doesn't like you that way - don't give her up. You never know - maybe she will like you later OR she can introduce you to someone else. Or she might just be the kind of friend you're looking for. Maybe she can be that other person you'd like to share your anime/gaming interests with.


I'm so happy everything is going well (ish). I find having accessories is a good pro tip for hunting out fellow fans. Nothing OTT like wearing stuff from head to toe but little things like subtle t-shirts (eg FMA symbol), mobile phone straps, keyrings, pins ect. They make you stand out to people in the know but don't make you stand out as a person to avoid with normal people.


LOL I'm gonna whip out my Pokeball earrings on the second date! XD
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Griffin GA
Offline
Posted 9/25/12

Denmi-Sama wrote:


idioteva wrote:


Denmi-Sama wrote:


Denmi-Sama wrote:

LOL okay so I had to let my CR peops know what had just happened:

So I'm at Toys R Us buying some gifts for my godchildren and this guy asks if my naruto wallet was a gift or if I was actually a fan. So I'm like Well yeah I watch it. And then he asks if I watch the anime or read the manga. And I said, well usually the anime but if there a part where I can't wait I'll jump and read ahead in the manga. And he's like OMG I can't believe there's an anime fan that's as pretty as you around ere. You're the first customer I've seen that's a fan.

And then he asked for my number.

Lol so guys - the FEMALES are out there! Just look for the cues!

(naruto wallet lulz)



UPDATE:

So I actually went on a date with this guy. (Which I NEVER do but this forum kinda inspired to be more opened) So we texted for a few days and decided to go out on Friday night. He wanted to talk over the phone I didn't really have time so we mostly texted (which I normally hate texting but oh well...)

At first I got scared because I thought this guy was a NARUTARD. Literally, we were texting about Naruto - the anime, manga, characters, idiosyncratic behaviors of characters, etc. At first I was thinking: Hmmm okay, well we met through Naruto so he's probably just looking for a common topic to break the ice...

But he wouldn't stop.

Every day we texted and it was still about Naruto. At first I thought it was cute but then after awhile I got kinda bored. But he also decided on where we should eat and whatnot (and I don't mind letting the guy take initiative at all) so I promised myself I'd only go on this one date and if this guy is still Narutarding then I'll leave it at that.


FRIDAY COMES AROUND.

He chose a ramen place. It was called "Naruto Ramen" in Manhattan.

.................................................

But then I lol'd because I mean - we did have a connection through Naruto. He even went as far as find a ramen place (that really did remind me of the Ichiraku Ramen Shop in Naruto) so I went for it.

And he shaved his hair! D:

So we sat and he ordered some sort of fried rice and I ordered the ramen. It was his first time trying this place and he doesn't like Ramen because it has too much sodium. I went for it even though I didn't really try real authentic ramen before. (It was pretty awesome! HUGE PORTION HOLY POOPSTICLES!) And I find out that he's a picky eater.

So I find out that this guy actually has a life - Former EMT who's studying for his Medics certification. We just talked about anime, school, miscellaneous stuff... etc. I was so relaxed during the date (probably because I was just treating it as if hanging out with a new friend) that I was probably a little rude/honest but he didn't mind me being so. I was basically straightforward with him and he opened up to me - more than what he initially wanted to do.



So basically - date ended well. He wanted to go to another date and I agreed. Time-wise though we're screwed because he works and so do I. But he still texts me and he has his cute moments. lol and now it's beyond Naruto.


MORALS OF THE STORY:

1. BE BRAVE! Not trying is 100% failure.
2. DO NOT BE A NARUTARD!!!! IT IS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE QUALITY~~~! This guy was lucky because I had patience. But there are more things in life than Naruto (LIKE CLANNAD: AFTER STORY! XD) but please don't only talk about Naruto.
3. Be romantic! Don't tell the chick "OH I LOVE YOU" but I mean follow-through with the conversation you have. This guy remembered A LOT of what we said and we both make inside jokes about it now. He remembers that I LOVE Hello Kitty so when he saw it he texted me that it reminded him of me. I was like Awwwww.....
4. HAVE PATIENCE! I clearly told this guy that I was looking more for a friend but that I would go out with him on another date. I think this guy fell for me more than I did him (and it looks like it's going to stay this way - it's not his fault though I just have issues I need to work out... and I'm not really attracted to him otherwise). But in any relationship - it takes TIME to develop. Just like friendships aren't formed after one meeting.
5. FRIENDS ARE GREAT!! Even if the girl isn't looking for a boyfriend and/or doesn't like you that way - don't give her up. You never know - maybe she will like you later OR she can introduce you to someone else. Or she might just be the kind of friend you're looking for. Maybe she can be that other person you'd like to share your anime/gaming interests with.


I'm so happy everything is going well (ish). I find having accessories is a good pro tip for hunting out fellow fans. Nothing OTT like wearing stuff from head to toe but little things like subtle t-shirts (eg FMA symbol), mobile phone straps, keyrings, pins ect. They make you stand out to people in the know but don't make you stand out as a person to avoid with normal people.


LOL I'm gonna whip out my Pokeball earrings on the second date! XD


that took awhile to read lol but thank you Pokeball earrings awesome
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Griffin GA
Offline
Posted 9/25/12

AnimePanda35 wrote:

I have the exact opposite problem where I live :: >__< I can't find any guys that like manga or anime. They don't want to be seen even the slightest bit nerdy, all they want do is show off their "swag" of as I call it "inner stupidity" >__>


if im not in work cloths you tell im a nerd lol *puts on portal shirt*
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Griffin GA
Offline
Posted 9/25/12

eternalchaos4200 wrote:


AnimePanda35 wrote:

I have the exact opposite problem where I live :: >__< I can't find any guys that like manga or anime. They don't want to be seen even the slightest bit nerdy, all they want do is show off their "swag" of as I call it "inner stupidity" >__>


if im not in work cloths you tell im a nerd lol *puts on portal shirt* :w00t:




if i am in work cloths youll probly turn the other way lol
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/25/12
Bravo!

*applause
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 9/26/12

eternalchaos4200 wrote:


eternalchaos4200 wrote:


AnimePanda35 wrote:

I have the exact opposite problem where I live :: >__< I can't find any guys that like manga or anime. They don't want to be seen even the slightest bit nerdy, all they want do is show off their "swag" of as I call it "inner stupidity" >__>


if im not in work cloths you tell im a nerd lol *puts on portal shirt* :w00t:




if i am in work cloths youll probly turn the other way lol


How is work treating you?
23901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cocoon
Offline
Posted 9/26/12
Find a girl you like, tie her up, throw her in your van, drive her home, tie her to a chair in front of your tv, and make her watch all seasons/collections of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden without rest.

-Brainwashing complete.
20450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Griffin GA
Offline
Posted 9/26/12

Denmi-Sama wrote:


eternalchaos4200 wrote:


eternalchaos4200 wrote:


AnimePanda35 wrote:

I have the exact opposite problem where I live :: >__< I can't find any guys that like manga or anime. They don't want to be seen even the slightest bit nerdy, all they want do is show off their "swag" of as I call it "inner stupidity" >__>


if im not in work cloths you tell im a nerd lol *puts on portal shirt* :w00t:




if i am in work cloths youll probly turn the other way lol


How is work treating you?


Its going great I actually got. My friend hired their yesterday so lol what ever he sales I get 2% of lol
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 9/26/12

saksiss wrote:

Find a girl you like, tie her up, throw her in your van, drive her home, tie her to a chair in front of your tv, and make her watch all seasons/collections of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden without rest.

-Brainwashing complete.


Yeah.......... Don't do that. Especially if its Naruto.
23901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cocoon
Offline
Posted 9/26/12
It's a perfect plan, and Naruto rules...
2853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 9/26/12 , edited 9/26/12
Man, my country is riddled with female geeks Well in my part of it anyway. Female geeks are usually found in vidja game shops, manga/comic book stores, anime stores, LANs otherwise indoors at home XD
First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.