First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Gender Stereotypes
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
I'm a firm believer in equality, I personally believe that the only differences between male and female are the body parts. I believe whatever a man can do a woman can do and vice versa.

I saw a post just now, that really made me think - "Why do people try to put gender into stereotypes"

There are some genuinely smart people on here, and I would really like to know what you think
Queen Moderator
30640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/3/12 , edited 9/3/12
I'm assuming it was the handwriting one, because I saw this directly under it and laughed.
I believe in equality too, we have a female firefighter at my department that does better than half the other men we have, likewise I know a guy who tried joining in the same recruit class that I was in and dropped out because it was too hard and he couldn't lift enough.

At this very moment there's a man somewhere in a NYC penthouse crying because a spider is in his bathroom, and somewhere in a militia a woman is mowing people down.

Stereotypes, especially gender based ones, are stupid and irrelevant this day and age. back in the 30's and 40's most made sense because people were raised that way. But this is 2012, we now have women doctors and male nurses.
Women in congress, and males as the secretaries.

The people who push the points of "that's not normal" or "Women shouldn't do this" or "Men should do that" are just afraid of change I think.

Welcome to 2012, people. It's time to drop the stereotypes.
21095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / illinois
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
I agree with what you have to say. I dont feel like there is all that much to it; equality or gtfo.
Posted 9/3/12
You're not really asking that question are you? In the old hunter and gather days men were stronger and can beat the crap out of women, which one reason men are seen as more "superior" and women, weak. They bring the meat home and women brought grapes and twigs. Men ruled countries, men conquered, scientific discovery were mainly by men. The only female figures I know is Ada Lovelace and Queen Elizabeth...I I
Queen Moderator
30640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/3/12

RapeMonster wrote:

You're not really asking that question are you? In the old hunter and gather days men were stronger and can beat the crap out of women, which one reason men are seen as more "superior" and women, weak. They bring the meat home and women brought grapes and twigs. Men ruled countries, men conquered, scientific discovery were mainly by men. The only female figures I know is Ada Lovelace and Queen Elizabeth...I I


And so the troll strikes again.
You're so cute, here -feeds the troll some grapes-
Posted 9/3/12

MikiSayaka wrote:


RapeMonster wrote:

You're not really asking that question are you? In the old hunter and gather days men were stronger and can beat the crap out of women, which one reason men are seen as more "superior" and women, weak. They bring the meat home and women brought grapes and twigs. Men ruled countries, men conquered, scientific discovery were mainly by men. The only female figures I know is Ada Lovelace and Queen Elizabeth...I I


And so the troll strikes again.
You're so cute, here -feeds the troll some grapes-
How about doing some real criticizing instead of just calling me a troll to justify throwing away my whole point.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/3/12 , edited 9/3/12
MikiSayaka, that was a response I was looking for. You're right, this is 2012, it isn't the hunter and gatherer days.

RapeMonster, in a way I understand what your saying, men were built stronger then women back in the day, but that isn't the case anymore, we no longer have a need to have that dominant gender.

Think about it, as well, men conquered? For what reason? For control and to satisfy himself. (People who rose to rebel tyrants, is a different matter)

And yes, because of the handwriting one I got this thought.
Queen Moderator
30640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/3/12

RapeMonster wrote:


MikiSayaka wrote:


RapeMonster wrote:

You're not really asking that question are you? In the old hunter and gather days men were stronger and can beat the crap out of women, which one reason men are seen as more "superior" and women, weak. They bring the meat home and women brought grapes and twigs. Men ruled countries, men conquered, scientific discovery were mainly by men. The only female figures I know is Ada Lovelace and Queen Elizabeth...I I


And so the troll strikes again.
You're so cute, here -feeds the troll some grapes-
How about doing some real criticizing instead of just calling me a troll to justify throwing away my whole point.


Okay, I'll satisfy your troll with a response since you asked so kindly. You're comparing this to the hunter and gather days, right?
Tell me the last time you went in the woods with a spear, killed a dear, ate it, and lived in a cave.
Times are changing.
We have technology now, we have higher standards of living.
Most men wouldn't be ABLE to survive back in the hunt & gather days as they did back then.

Back then
Women were RAISED to be nothing more than used for breeding purposes, that's all they were in that society.
Men were nothing more than savages that pounded their chests, grunted, and killed stuff. Dumb, mindless, animals.
If you were to go back then, one of them would go alpha on you and crush your skull for being pathetic in terms of THEIR society, most likely.
THAT society is ENTIRELY different from society now.

And it's not that women weren't always equally smart, they were. Always have been. They were just restricted and not listened to.
How about you do a google search for famous female scientists? Female writers? Female inventors?
There is plenty.
It's just now they come up far more because there isn't the stupid gender barriers that men wanted to keep up.
And let's face it, the men only wanted them there because they were AFRAID of losing the upper hand.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
Wow Miki, I'm totally impressed. I can't say much more then that
12391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / C.A. near L.A.
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
honeslty i do think tat there are things men can do better then females and vice versa. I do admit though tat i am a biased person (not only this topic) and anybody who says they are not then in my opinion is to naive, dont know themselfs or are just not honest wit themselfs. Okay know that ive said this i might have pissed some people off but oh well. know back to the topic like i said men are better at somethings then women and vice versa (im talking about the average male/female not trained pros) for example men are stronger in physical stuff then women but women are more stronger mentally then men. this is not my opinion it is fact and i would like to put in tat in my opinion i do think it is true tat women are mentally stronger cuz seriously im a dude and i wouldnt want to give birth. i could go on forever listing facts and my opinion but im not. and i would like to repeat myself tat im not talkin about trained pros.
Queen Moderator
30640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/3/12 , edited 9/3/12

korean1993 wrote:

honeslty i do think tat there are things men can do better then females and vice versa. I do admit though tat i am a biased person (not only this topic) and anybody who says they are not then in my opinion is to naive, dont know themselfs or are just not honest wit themselfs. Okay know that ive said this i might have pissed some people off but oh well. know back to the topic like i said men are better at somethings then women and vice versa (im talking about the average male/female not trained pros) for example men are stronger in physical stuff then women but women are more stronger mentally then men. this is not my opinion it is fact and i would like to put in tat in my opinion i do think it is true tat women are mentally stronger cuz seriously im a dude and i wouldnt want to give birth. i could go on forever listing facts and my opinion but im not. and i would like to repeat myself tat im not talkin about trained pros.


You can't say something is a "fact" without documenting sources, so please, link us to research pages that say that. I want results of this "fact".
It might be a commonly shared view, but it's not a fact any more. It most certainly was a long time ago, but most men now a days are weak.
A lot of the guys I know outside of the department can lift about 50 lbs without breaking a sweat (not benching, they don't work out, i'm talking about like...50 lb bags and such)
And the women I know can do the same.

So please link me to documented scientific research of this "fact" you claim.


By the way, be careful of calling things "fact", because it's a known "FACT" that I will tear it apart if you offer no proof.




Edit : I bolded all of my "facts" as well, so it makes them just as true.


Also as to the last part where you say you can continue listing facts and opinions, with what you've posted so far, that's one in the same, it's all opinion.

I know that men have different chromosomes and are sexually ABLE to become stronger, but that's null since none actually use it and most just sit at computers all day
1867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The darkest timel...
Offline
Posted 9/3/12

MikiSayaka



That answer.... To quote Winterfells and Troy Barnes from Community, "I have the weirdest boner right now."
18603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Seattle, and ever...
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
Haha, yes! I love the calls for credibility! Show us sources! Make the internet an intelligent place!

I'll admit my stereotypes of civilian women are pretty bad, but I try not to let them plague my perceptions too much.

That said, I like my women like my coffee: BOLD.
5620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
I don't think men and woman are equal (at least physically), they are just way too different. Robots will dominate us all soon, so none of this actually matters. And to sum it up, I don't really care
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
You say it's naive to think everyone is equal, I believe it is Naive to think that they aren't. Tell me something a man can do, that a woman cannot?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.