Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Gender Stereotypes
45734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Fishbowl
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
Yes, but there will always be a time like... For example, a buff chick walks along the street, the guys will feel "kind of" uncomfortable, wouldn't they? They think it's a "little" weird?
And if you ask me why I'm using that as an example... I guess it's cause someone said something to me about my... meatiness? Cause I happened to be tougher looking than him.
I guess it's cause you kinda grow up with stereotyped people - like, television and media, and all those disney cartoons... Happily ever afters with prince charming, the girl is beautiful even though she isn't wealthy... those types of things?

So yeah. But stereotypes... They are annoying. Depending on the situation, right?

From your Royal Meaty-ness D;
9135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
Your a buff chick? Rad, defy those stereotypes! I hate stereotypes, they are useless and false.
Queen Moderator
29716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/3/12 , edited 9/3/12

CandyPopShop wrote:

Yes, but there will always be a time like... For example, a buff chick walks along the street, the guys will feel "kind of" uncomfortable, wouldn't they? They think it's a "little" weird?
And if you ask me why I'm using that as an example... I guess it's cause someone said something to me about my... meatiness? Cause I happened to be tougher looking than him.
I guess it's cause you kinda grow up with stereotyped people - like, television and media, and all those disney cartoons... Happily ever afters with prince charming, the girl is beautiful even though she isn't wealthy... those types of things?

So yeah. But stereotypes... They are annoying. Depending on the situation, right?

From your Royal Meaty-ness D;


lol @ "Royal Meatyness"
And it's nothing to do with that, it's that you threatened his bs ego.
His caveman mind refuses to accept that women can be stronger than men, so the fact that you were bigger was a threat to his alpha-male mind.
If anything I find that more hilarious than anything else. It just shows how insecure he was, while trying to be alpha.

Edit : And no, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.
O_o
10391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / C.A. near L.A.
Offline
Posted 9/3/12

MikiSayaka wrote:


korean1993 wrote:

honeslty i do think tat there are things men can do better then females and vice versa. I do admit though tat i am a biased person (not only this topic) and anybody who says they are not then in my opinion is to naive, dont know themselfs or are just not honest wit themselfs. Okay know that ive said this i might have pissed some people off but oh well. know back to the topic like i said men are better at somethings then women and vice versa (im talking about the average male/female not trained pros) for example men are stronger in physical stuff then women but women are more stronger mentally then men. this is not my opinion it is fact and i would like to put in tat in my opinion i do think it is true tat women are mentally stronger cuz seriously im a dude and i wouldnt want to give birth. i could go on forever listing facts and my opinion but im not. and i would like to repeat myself tat im not talkin about trained pros.


You can't say something is a "fact" without documenting sources, so please, link us to research pages that say that. I want results of this "fact".
It might be a commonly shared view, but it's not a fact any more. It most certainly was a long time ago, but most men now a days are weak.
A lot of the guys I know outside of the department can lift about 50 lbs without breaking a sweat (not benching, they don't work out, i'm talking about like...50 lb bags and such)
And the women I know can do the same.

So please link me to documented scientific research of this "fact" you claim.


By the way, be careful of calling things "fact", because it's a known "FACT" that I will tear it apart if you offer no proof.




Edit : I bolded all of my "facts" as well, so it makes them just as true.


Also as to the last part where you say you can continue listing facts and opinions, with what you've posted so far, that's one in the same, it's all opinion.

I know that men have different chromosomes and are sexually ABLE to become stronger, but that's null since none actually use it and most just sit at computers all day :P


READ CAFEFULLY
id like to repeat im talking about the average male/female but here i go:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_women_physically_weaker_than_men
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_humans#Skeleton_and_muscular_system
( i usually dislike using any wiki stuff but hey its good enough for warm-up)
http://www.springerlink.com/content/l47235487q162675/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1197179/
( I personally do not know the science behind it but if you know by all means do tell)

and thats all imma give you cuz u can do some more research by yourself

imma qoute u for a second here so bare with me i believe this is what u wrote
"A lot of the guys I know outside of the department can lift about 50 lbs without breaking a sweat (not benching, they don't work out, i'm talking about like...50 lb bags and such)
And the women I know can do the same."
may i ask you if youve asked the women if they work out or do they also do nothing like the guys and lift 50lb bags no sweat?

another quote "but most men now a days are weak."
are you stating a fact or opinion?

"I know that men have different chromosomes and are sexually ABLE to become stronger, but that's null since none actually use it and most just sit at computers all day"
okay if u compare a dude that sits on his ass all day doin nothing and a women who is outside working out and staying fit then of course the women will get stronger.

okay also you were saying something about evolution. seriously? i thought it took millions of years to change significantly.
okay now ive stated my argument wit facts/resources so now i would like you to do the same about women being stronger physically then men.
REPEAT : im talkin about the AVERAGE MEN/WOMEN
Queen Moderator
29716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/3/12 , edited 9/3/12

korean1993 wrote:

READ CAFEFULLY
id like to repeat im talking about the average male/female but here i go:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_women_physically_weaker_than_men
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_humans#Skeleton_and_muscular_system
( i usually dislike using any wiki stuff but hey its good enough for warm-up)
http://www.springerlink.com/content/l47235487q162675/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1197179/
( I personally do not know the science behind it but if you know by all means do tell)

and thats all imma give you cuz u can do some more research by yourself

imma qoute u for a second here so bare with me i believe this is what u wrote
"A lot of the guys I know outside of the department can lift about 50 lbs without breaking a sweat (not benching, they don't work out, i'm talking about like...50 lb bags and such)
And the women I know can do the same."
may i ask you if youve asked the women if they work out or do they also do nothing like the guys and lift 50lb bags no sweat?

another quote "but most men now a days are weak."
are you stating a fact or opinion?

"I know that men have different chromosomes and are sexually ABLE to become stronger, but that's null since none actually use it and most just sit at computers all day"
okay if u compare a dude that sits on his ass all day doin nothing and a women who is outside working out and staying fit then of course the women will get stronger.

okay also you were saying something about evolution. seriously? i thought it took millions of years to change significantly.
okay now ive stated my argument wit facts/resources so now i would like you to do the same about women being stronger physically then men.
REPEAT : im talkin about the AVERAGE MEN/WOMEN

Wiki answers is answered by regular people.
I could ask a question on it and you could answer.
That sites answer is completely disregarded.
As for the skeletal differences, AND chromosome differences, already stated that technically men had higher potential due to certain chemicals, but in this day and age, since it's not a hunter/gather society and most jobs aren't labor intensive, that potential is useless.

No, I'm not saying it's evolution. lol.
Nothing to do with evolution.
I'm stating that in this world (A few countries excluded, namely 3rd world),
Most jobs are non-labor intensive.
Meaning

People go to work, they sit in front of a computer or next to a desk, or they try to sell stuff. They go home and watch tv.
Both men and women do this, by the way.
So at the end of the day, both genders are doing the same thing. They both have the same amount of muscle mass. And both can lift the same amount.

The science in the Gov site is actually what I already mentioned, by the way, in that the POTENTIAL is there. But it is not in any way being used. And there for is a moot point.



If you wanted to argue this "Men have the potential to be stronger than women physically" I'd have to agree. Although it's not by a significant amount, the chromosomes and skeleton builds do support that argument slightly.
You aren't, however.
You instead are trying to argue that "Most men are currently stronger than women"
Which is different in the sense that it's stating they ARE currently stronger. Which isn't what any of those sites state.



Also to respond to most men now a days are weak : It's because of what I just posted, back in the earlier days, most things were done manually. Wood cutting, making furniture, making metal, all done by hand, and all by men. So hell yeah, back then, men had the muscle.
Now, people of both genders do the same jobs.
Sit in seats, push buttons, walk around a bit, answer phones, sell stuff, most of the job market is retail.
10391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / C.A. near L.A.
Offline
Posted 9/3/12

deejayvee wrote:

You say it's naive to think everyone is equal, I believe it is Naive to think that they aren't. Tell me something a man can do, that a woman cannot?


is tat a question for everybody?
Queen Moderator
29716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/3/12

korean1993 wrote:


deejayvee wrote:

You say it's naive to think everyone is equal, I believe it is Naive to think that they aren't. Tell me something a man can do, that a woman cannot?


is tat a question for everybody?


Well, he posted it in the thread instead of a private message, so I'd say if you feel you have a legitimate answer, then go for it. (:
9135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/3/12
It was a question for the person saying it was naive to believe what I do. But feel free to answer if you like, although, please a decent answer.
10391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / C.A. near L.A.
Offline
Posted 9/4/12 , edited 9/4/12

MikiSayaka wrote:


korean1993 wrote:

READ CAFEFULLY
id like to repeat im talking about the average male/female but here i go:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_women_physically_weaker_than_men
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_humans#Skeleton_and_muscular_system
( i usually dislike using any wiki stuff but hey its good enough for warm-up)
http://www.springerlink.com/content/l47235487q162675/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1197179/
( I personally do not know the science behind it but if you know by all means do tell)

and thats all imma give you cuz u can do some more research by yourself

imma qoute u for a second here so bare with me i believe this is what u wrote
"A lot of the guys I know outside of the department can lift about 50 lbs without breaking a sweat (not benching, they don't work out, i'm talking about like...50 lb bags and such)
And the women I know can do the same."
may i ask you if youve asked the women if they work out or do they also do nothing like the guys and lift 50lb bags no sweat?

another quote "but most men now a days are weak."
are you stating a fact or opinion?

"I know that men have different chromosomes and are sexually ABLE to become stronger, but that's null since none actually use it and most just sit at computers all day"
okay if u compare a dude that sits on his ass all day doin nothing and a women who is outside working out and staying fit then of course the women will get stronger.

okay also you were saying something about evolution. seriously? i thought it took millions of years to change significantly.
okay now ive stated my argument wit facts/resources so now i would like you to do the same about women being stronger physically then men.
REPEAT : im talkin about the AVERAGE MEN/WOMEN

Wiki answers is answered by regular people.
I could ask a question on it and you could answer.
That sites answer is completely disregarded.
As for the skeletal differences, AND chromosome differences, already stated that technically men had higher potential due to certain chemicals, but in this day and age, since it's not a hunter/gather society and most jobs aren't labor intensive, that potential is useless.

No, I'm not saying it's evolution. lol.
Nothing to do with evolution.
I'm stating that in this world (A few countries excluded, namely 3rd world),
Most jobs are non-labor intensive.
Meaning

People go to work, they sit in front of a computer or next to a desk, or they try to sell stuff. They go home and watch tv.
Both men and women do this, by the way.
So at the end of the day, both genders are doing the same thing. They both have the same amount of muscle mass. And both can lift the same amount.

The science in the Gov site is actually what I already mentioned, by the way, in that the POTENTIAL is there. But it is not in any way being used. And there for is a moot point.



If you wanted to argue this "Men have the potential to be stronger than women physically" I'd have to agree. Although it's not by a significant amount, the chromosomes and skeleton builds do support that argument slightly.
You aren't, however.
You instead are trying to argue that "Most men are currently stronger than women"
Which is different in the sense that it's stating they ARE currently stronger. Which isn't what any of those sites state.



Also to respond to most men now a days are weak : It's because of what I just posted, back in the earlier days, most things were done manually. Wood cutting, making furniture, making metal, all done by hand, and all by men. So hell yeah, back then, men had the muscle.
Now, people of both genders do the same jobs.
Sit in seats, push buttons, walk around a bit, answer phones, sell stuff, most of the job market is retail.




Yes i know i dislike using wiki also but like i said it was warm up to the other two resources i gave you.
so like you said if both AVERAGE men and women do the same job day in day out u r saying that men will carry the same weight as the women will right? but how we are built differently? im refering to the resource i gave you. a few pounds of weight can be the difference of whether or not you CAN or CANNOT carry an object and i suspect your a firemen then you should now what a couple of pounds can do to you
"most men are currently stronger than women" by the way r stating "all women" or "women in general"?
cuz yea women also have the POTENTIAL to be stronger than men (if they all became body builders)
im arguing that "most average men are currently stronger than MOST average women" statistically
8806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
I believe men and women deserve equal treatment and respect. They should have equal access to education, societal standing, employment, and competition. If they are qualified and have earned something they should have it. Men and women both have inalienable rights.

With that said, men and women are not the same. Besides the obvious physical differences like men on average being physically stronger, or women being able to give birth, there are a lot of evolutionary biology factors that play into why men and women are and will be different.

Being different is not a bad thing. And being different does not mean they are unequal, or one party is lesser than the other.

10391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / C.A. near L.A.
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

deejayvee wrote:

It was a question for the person saying it was naive to believe what I do. But feel free to answer if you like, although, please a decent answer.


I think that is a good thing to believe in and u know wat its also a good view on life. But i kind of get where the naive part gets in to. If you say that a criminal who raped and murderd 7 year old kids is equal to everyone then wat would the victims parents say? I am a realist or id like to think tat i am. I think that yes ones life does not or is not worth more then that sinlge life and if you take a life you should be prepared to give urs. But really IS everyone really equal to one another in our society? status? religion? race? belief? U know in my honest opinion i rather like not have everyone equal to me because i like that others have there own personality and are not mindless robots. but then u can say thats where conflict comes from. well sorry to break it but war and conflict will never end and that there willl only be moments of peace. Do you guys know where im coming from? Id rather not have a tobi/obito.
45734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Fishbowl
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

MikiSayaka wrote:


CandyPopShop wrote:

Yes, but there will always be a time like... For example, a buff chick walks along the street, the guys will feel "kind of" uncomfortable, wouldn't they? They think it's a "little" weird?
And if you ask me why I'm using that as an example... I guess it's cause someone said something to me about my... meatiness? Cause I happened to be tougher looking than him.
I guess it's cause you kinda grow up with stereotyped people - like, television and media, and all those disney cartoons... Happily ever afters with prince charming, the girl is beautiful even though she isn't wealthy... those types of things?

So yeah. But stereotypes... They are annoying. Depending on the situation, right?

From your Royal Meaty-ness D;


lol @ "Royal Meatyness"
And it's nothing to do with that, it's that you threatened his bs ego.
His caveman mind refuses to accept that women can be stronger than men, so the fact that you were bigger was a threat to his alpha-male mind.
If anything I find that more hilarious than anything else. It just shows how insecure he was, while trying to be alpha.

Edit : And no, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.
O_o


HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I LAUGHED AT THIS REPLY! And wow... thanks! :DD
That was really good insight...

AND YOU WOULDN'T, REALLY??
Well.. what do you feel like when you walk into a gym and you see a girl who has lots of muscles then? o-o
Do you go, "Okay. That's cool" then go do what you came to do? XD HAHAHAHAHAA
Queen Moderator
29716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

CandyPopShop wrote:


MikiSayaka wrote:


CandyPopShop wrote:

Yes, but there will always be a time like... For example, a buff chick walks along the street, the guys will feel "kind of" uncomfortable, wouldn't they? They think it's a "little" weird?
And if you ask me why I'm using that as an example... I guess it's cause someone said something to me about my... meatiness? Cause I happened to be tougher looking than him.
I guess it's cause you kinda grow up with stereotyped people - like, television and media, and all those disney cartoons... Happily ever afters with prince charming, the girl is beautiful even though she isn't wealthy... those types of things?

So yeah. But stereotypes... They are annoying. Depending on the situation, right?

From your Royal Meaty-ness D;


lol @ "Royal Meatyness"
And it's nothing to do with that, it's that you threatened his bs ego.
His caveman mind refuses to accept that women can be stronger than men, so the fact that you were bigger was a threat to his alpha-male mind.
If anything I find that more hilarious than anything else. It just shows how insecure he was, while trying to be alpha.

Edit : And no, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.
O_o


HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I LAUGHED AT THIS REPLY! And wow... thanks! :DD
That was really good insight...

AND YOU WOULDN'T, REALLY??
Well.. what do you feel like when you walk into a gym and you see a girl who has lots of muscles then? o-o
Do you go, "Okay. That's cool" then go do what you came to do? XD HAHAHAHAHAA


Pretty much, depends how much muscle. I react the same way as if it's a male.
If veins are popping from their neck when they smile, I'm a little like "Whoa", regardless of gender, but if they're simply jacked, doesn't phase me.
44075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 9/4/12 , edited 9/4/12

deejayvee wrote:

You say it's naive to think everyone is equal, I believe it is Naive to think that they aren't. Tell me something a man can do, that a woman cannot?


Im all for equality... But youre wrong. The guy stating it as fact is right. Bottom line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_Olympic_weightlifting

These are olympic records for lifting. Men and women. Men and women are built differently. Get over it. Get over yourself.
45734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Fishbowl
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

MikiSayaka wrote:


CandyPopShop wrote:


MikiSayaka wrote:


CandyPopShop wrote:

Yes, but there will always be a time like... For example, a buff chick walks along the street, the guys will feel "kind of" uncomfortable, wouldn't they? They think it's a "little" weird?
And if you ask me why I'm using that as an example... I guess it's cause someone said something to me about my... meatiness? Cause I happened to be tougher looking than him.
I guess it's cause you kinda grow up with stereotyped people - like, television and media, and all those disney cartoons... Happily ever afters with prince charming, the girl is beautiful even though she isn't wealthy... those types of things?

So yeah. But stereotypes... They are annoying. Depending on the situation, right?

From your Royal Meaty-ness D;


lol @ "Royal Meatyness"
And it's nothing to do with that, it's that you threatened his bs ego.
His caveman mind refuses to accept that women can be stronger than men, so the fact that you were bigger was a threat to his alpha-male mind.
If anything I find that more hilarious than anything else. It just shows how insecure he was, while trying to be alpha.

Edit : And no, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.
O_o


HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I LAUGHED AT THIS REPLY! And wow... thanks! :DD
That was really good insight...

AND YOU WOULDN'T, REALLY??
Well.. what do you feel like when you walk into a gym and you see a girl who has lots of muscles then? o-o
Do you go, "Okay. That's cool" then go do what you came to do? XD HAHAHAHAHAA


Pretty much, depends how much muscle. I react the same way as if it's a male.
If veins are popping from their neck when they smile, I'm a little like "Whoa", regardless of gender, but if they're simply jacked, doesn't phase me.


D: That's INTENSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE O_O
And rather spiffingly hilarious! OKAY. I'm happy with this response, now I shall fall asleep in PEACEEEE :D
HAVE A NICE DAY DUDE. (thumbs up)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.