First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Thinking of flying/cruising somewhere for a few days this month, but where to?
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12 , edited 9/4/12
I am thinking about taking a random trip this month. Just because, I dunno, because I feel like it and I have no better reason than that.

I took off some time this month, and thinking about doing a trip.

Choices are:
A) Leave at night on the 14th (or Saturday morning the 15th), and return Tuesday the 18th.
B) Leave at night on the 21st (or Saturday morning the 22nd), and return Wednesday the 26th.


I know some people are going to say Japan, but that's not realistic. First the airfare is about $1400+, and secondly I would literally only have 3 days to spend there (if I go with dates in choice B). I'll wait to next year, and spend 2-3 weeks there instead.

What's a random inexpensive fun trip for a few days that won't destroy the bank? I would be traveling out of NY if I decide to do anything.



18603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Seattle, and ever...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
Are you into any particular kind of activities, or just looking for more relaxation?
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12 , edited 9/4/12

StealthWar42 wrote:

Are you into any particular kind of activities, or just looking for more relaxation?


Not sure... this is the random trip that won't cost an arm and a leg...

Beach, hiking is fun (but I have 7 miles of forest behind my house in PA and I do that all the time), sightseeing, wildlife, ummm.... I like anime, not sure what else there is. I will say this, I hate gambling.

8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
I know a lot of friends from New York who like to take a few vacation days in Orlando or Miami during the summer.

The airfare shouldn't be too bad, plus you don't have to cross any timezones, so it's pretty comfortable especially if you only have a few days to enjoy yourself.

The climate, culture, and lifestyle there is different enough from New York that you'll be immersing yourself in something reasonably new and exciting. The beaches are great, the food is great, I even tried some gator jerky, you might even decide to spend a day at an amusement park.
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

Winterfells wrote:

I know a lot of friends from New York who like to take a few vacation days in Orlando or Miami during the summer.

The airfare shouldn't be too bad, plus you don't have to cross any timezones, so it's pretty comfortable especially if you only have a few days to enjoy yourself.

The climate, culture, and lifestyle there is different enough from New York that you'll be immersing yourself in something reasonably new and exciting. The beaches are great, the food is great, I even tried some gator jerky, you might even decide to spend a day at an amusement park.


I've done Orlando and Miami a few times in the last couple of years, including Disney. I was thinking LA, but I wasn't particularly fond of it when I was there in 2007 for a week (Although I think Disney in Anaheim is a lot nicer than the one in Florida).

I thought about Vegas, but that seems like a place to go with a few friends.

I thought Alaska, but the airfare is about $800+, and a lot of the attractions/parks close on or about September 15th.

63006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
Go see the Rocky Mountains and climb some stuff
17408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / tennessee
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
all i know is that i highly DON'T recommend going to nasau, bahamas....i didn't enjoy it..
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

Tim_The_Enchanter wrote:

Go see the Rocky Mountains and climb some stuff


Sounds like an idea.

317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
I don't know about from NY but Vegas is dirt cheap from here. So that may be an option if you desire it. Or if outdoors are your thing try coming to Canada, specifically Banff or Jasper. Banff is more likely due to being easy access without a vehicle and better for hotels/inns and restaurants. Jasper is just better for getting away from it all. Course both of those might be fairly expensive. Maybe just somewhere close by that you have never been.
13667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
If I had that capability right now... I would totally go to Europe, around Ireland or something.
27063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

Hachikobubble wrote:

If I had that capability right now... I would totally go to Europe, around Ireland or something.


I rather save the money that a European flight would cost, and apply it towards going back to Japan again next summer. I want to see Osaka and Nara this time, maybe travel a bit more by the JR and head north to a hot spring resort towards the top of the Honshū, or fly down for three days to Okinawa, while I am there.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

GodWhomIsMike wrote:

I've done Orlando and Miami a few times in the last couple of years, including Disney. I was thinking LA, but I wasn't particularly fond of it when I was there in 2007 for a week (Although I think Disney in Anaheim is a lot nicer than the one in Florida).

I thought about Vegas, but that seems like a place to go with a few friends.

I thought Alaska, but the airfare is about $800+, and a lot of the attractions/parks close on or about September 15th.



Have you ever been to Seattle, or Western Washington, in general? A lot of beautiful sites and outdoor activities, natural beauty, etc.

The women here are different from California girls or Texas girls or Florida girls, but I think they're the most beautiful in the country (in a northern way). :)

Queen Moderator
30617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
Budapest, Hungary.

Heard it has amazing hiking areas nearby and a wonderful spot for tourists.
672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California Centra...
Offline
Posted 9/4/12
Canada Eh!
Queen Moderator
30617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 9/4/12

perotin9 wrote:

Canada Eh!


Everyone knows Canada is fake and doesn't REALLY exist.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.