First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Religion or love
Posted 9/8/12
Would you marry outside your religion or would you abandon the person you love for religion?

Also state why and don't say if they truly love me they convert because if you truly love them you could convert for them or be like them, accept the differences and still be together. Also if you have difference in opinion on where to live, you going to say okay i break up with you, not compromise, for those who going to state shit like this don't answer here please.
Posted 9/8/12 , edited 9/8/12
Um..I don't think I could date someone who didn't place much importance on spirituality : / the reason for that is, we wouldn't have a damn thing to talk about. I think it just depends on how much importance YOU place on it.

And I agree with you; a person shouldn't have to change who they are to be with someone else when they could just meet someone they DO fit with (sometimes this is hard to come to terms with when you really fall for them, but that doesn't mean they have to fall for you.) If they did that, anyone could date anyone and be happy, and I think I know from experience that that's a bunch of BS.
Posted 9/8/12 , edited 9/8/12

tia-dalma wrote:

Um..I don't think I could date someone who didn't place much importance on spirituality : / the reason for that is, we wouldn't have a damn thing to talk about. I think it just depends on how much importance YOU place on it.

And I agree with you; a person shouldn't have to change who they are to be with someone else when they could just meet someone they DO fit with (sometimes this is hard to come to terms with when you really fall for them, but that doesn't mean they have to fall for you.) If they did that, anyone could date anyone and be happy, and I think I know from experience that that's a bunch of BS.


i am talking more about different religions like christians and jews or muslims and jews or muslims and christians or you got those like me, who believe in a god, the core values of a religion but doesn;t believe in the religion of today as it has been doctored from when it was given. i would choose the person i love regardless because if i truly loved them, then we work it out, compromise is the key to relationships
16849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Demacia
Offline
Posted 9/8/12
Oh men that is a big question for the christians, for me as soons as she believe in god is ok for me, why? because imagine an atheist marry with a christian, what you gonna said to ur children???

Posted 9/8/12 , edited 9/8/12

pirateking1991 wrote:


tia-dalma wrote:

Um..I don't think I could date someone who didn't place much importance on spirituality : / the reason for that is, we wouldn't have a damn thing to talk about. I think it just depends on how much importance YOU place on it.

And I agree with you; a person shouldn't have to change who they are to be with someone else when they could just meet someone they DO fit with (sometimes this is hard to come to terms with when you really fall for them, but that doesn't mean they have to fall for you.) If they did that, anyone could date anyone and be happy, and I think I know from experience that that's a bunch of BS.


i am talking more about different religions like christians and jews or muslims and jews or muslims and christians or you got those like me, who believe in a god, the core values of a religion but doesn;t believe in the religion of today as it has been doctored from when it was given. i would choose the person i love regardless because if i truly loved them, then we work it out, compromise is the key to relationships


Wait, sorry, what? When I say spirituality, I'm talking about just about any kind of religion in general. If you were to believe in something you can't physically see, you'd have to have faith in it, and I think that's what spirituality is : / How do you figure there's a difference there, out of curiosity?

And I think it depends on what's most important to you - what criteria you set for yourself. I think if you forget what it is you need, you may start to lose your identity in the relationship.

39193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Philadelphia
Offline
Posted 9/8/12
I don't think I would have this issue only because I wouldn't even date anyone who was very religious in the first place. Not so much that I have a thing against religious people, but a lot of highly religious people tend to look down on you if you're not a regular church goer. It's worse when they're not open about it since you constantly keep thinking in the back of your mind that they are trying to look down at you for not following their beliefs.

So perhaps I have a bigger issue with dishonest people and those who try to force their lifestyles on you?
Posted 9/8/12 , edited 9/8/12
lmao a atheist marry any believer it be a funny situation.

for the young lady, i will send you a pm sweetie. also what important to me is unconditional loyalty, honesty, trust, love and happiness and intellect and chemistry.

also west i agree with u when they trying to force lifestyle on u , it something i hate very much
7463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / cσηѕтαηтℓу тнιηкιηg
Offline
Posted 9/8/12
i might date someone that is not in my religion but it might be tough
Posted 9/8/12
I have no religion.
So love.
Posted 9/8/12
My religion requires me to sacrifice my first born, so yes, they'll have to abide by it like it or not.
42596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 9/8/12
I was with a girl for a couple years, she's Christian and I was Atheist(Now Agnostic). I told her at the 2 year mark, "If you're in it for the long haul, then let's be honest. If/when we have kids, if you teach them anything about Christianity, I'll tell them it's bullshit. On the other hand, if you don't tell them anything, I won't tell them anything, and they can find their own path."

I thought it was fair and honest. Consequently we broke up, turns out she was hoping to convert me down the line. But I think the principle stands.

Religion doesn't have to stand in the way of love, but in many cases, as was mine, it does.
25695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Universe :0
Offline
Posted 9/8/12
I would marry outside my religion, even though I'm not a specific religion.
I was raised catholic, but now that I'm an adult I don't affiliate myself with any religion.
I believe we have a creator, and i call him the Great White Spirit.
You know what truly saddens me, is how Religion only seperates us. Wars are started over religion.
All religions believe in an entity that created us . That's the point of religion. To acknowledge our creator. That bases alone should be enough
To help us all unite. Yes we're different, we might pray to a different God, but at the end of the day, all we're doing is acknowledging our CREATOR.
I agree also agree with Lorddisick
Love
Love and the acknowledgement of a creator could unite us all. the Peace in the world, what a lovely thing this could be.

Oh and sorry about the response PirateKing1991. I don't think this was what you were looking for.
I really just felt like expressing my thoughts on religion. Sorry again
Posted 9/8/12

sosarx wrote:

I would marry outside my religion, even though I'm not a specific religion.
I was raised catholic, but now that I'm an adult I don't affiliate myself with any religion.
I believe we have a creator, and i call him the Great White Spirit.
You know what truly saddens me, is how Religion only seperates us. Wars are started over religion.
All religions believe in an entity that created us . That's the point of religion. To acknowledge our creator. That bases alone should be enough
To help us all unite. Yes we're different, we might pray to a different God, but at the end of the day, all we're doing is acknowledging our CREATOR.
I agree also agree with Lorddisick
Love
Love and the acknowledgement of a creator could unite us all. the Peace in the world, what a lovely thing this could be.

Oh and sorry about the response PirateKing1991. I don't think this was what you were looking for.
I really just felt like expressing my thoughts on religion. Sorry again


you do know i agree with you totally lol, we are humans, our creator is the same, all the religions creators and has different ways of expressing and naming him. judasim, christianty and islam are the closest tied as it the same prophets just each one has more than the other, going from left to right, so islam having the most with judaism having the least but if we look at hinduaism etc, they celberate light, light is energy, in all the religions we go on about light, so our creator is energy, more behind this, a lot of mathmatics and science but fact is they all worship light
2811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / M / Da deepest part o...
Offline
Posted 9/8/12
what kinda god would be take pleasure seeing someone break up becuase of religion i believe people who fall out of love being with a mate thats outside there religion becuase of the pressure of conflicting standard in the long run i dont believe u have to change religion to make ur love one happy but the ability to change ur urself, religion is there to make u a better person a lover a friend if u accept it, god give people the power of free will and choice we make with bearing in mind the resposibility of consequences of those actions
Posted 9/8/12 , edited 9/8/12
My life is my relationship with God, so no I would never marry outside my religion. Or better yet I would never marry a non-believer. Being bound with someone who does not have the same beliefs as you is bound to pull one side one way more than other.

Ex: if an ox that walks only in a straight line were to be yoked with another ox that walks only in a circle, then the oxen would either not go anywhere at all because of the conflicting push and pull, or one ox would over power the other forcing them to walk the way they do. Not saying that it isn't possible, but to prevent this from happening it's best not to be unequally yoked, meaning not having the same views.

With me being a Christian I wouldn't mind marrying someone who is a Catholic or something though. Just as long as they believe the only way into the kingdom is through the son Jesus.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.