First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
WOMEN AND GIRLS why are you so hard on your self when it comes to the way you view your body?
2891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 3/18/13 , edited 3/18/13
^ True say. The media is fking with their minds on how they're supposed to look.
18012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/18/13 , edited 3/18/13
Simple.

Because a woman's worth is only valued by her appearance in society. Men in media are judged for their character, but if a woman does something great or heroic or acknowledgeable, it doesn't matter to anyone if she's not hot.

That's why we women are hard on how we look. We're forced to do so by society. Otherwise we are worthless.
Posted 3/18/13
It is a war. Bitches everywhere are in it.
Society pressures us with it.

BTW, I am already upset, so sorry if what I say offends you in any way...

I have had multiple people tell me I am beautiful... Would you guess that I don't believe A single word of it. I've never been picked on... Especially on my looks. I just have low self-esteem and get depressed very easily. Don't ask me why, I just do. Just like i dont like my body. And if you don't like me by how I look or how my personality is, that's your problem. I don't have to be your friend just as much as you don't have to be mine. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. In looks or in personality. You can have a drop dead gorgeous women, but as long as her personality sucks ass, what's the point besides looking at a pretty face. I guess all she is really good for is a one night stand, and in which cAse, why do that if your not even committed to be with the person to begin with. All you are going to do is hurt yourself and the other person in the long run. I guess I'm just rambling on now... I really don't know.
21037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Indiana
Offline
Posted 3/18/13
Tch. OP, you're only talking about girls that are mostly attractive anyway but pick at one little thing about themselves, aren't you? You say a lot of nice things, but chances are you don't mean them for women who really need it. Most men would probably balk at what I look like. My stomach is enormous. I have huge lovehandles and rolls of fat on my back. I only weigh 170, but I used to weigh a lot more, and that probably affects how I carry that 170 now. I do have a boyfriend that loves me and is attracted to me, but most men (and queer women) wouldn't be. I hate what I look like regardless of what my boyfriend thinks. Probably because of years of people more or less telling me that it was disgusting for me to even have a sex drive.
Posted 3/18/13
Family messed with my head... I'm starting to get over it, but snide remarks about my appearance from the people who are supposed to be the most supportive of me still hurts like a bitch.. Just saying, when your own family cares more about your physical appearance than you do, then it's a whole different thing... I can say I don't give a fuck, but that will be a lie because it annoys me every single day... I wish they'd just leave me alone. I'm tired of being a trophy daughter...
14029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

demongurrl13 wrote:

Family messed with my head... I'm starting to get over it, but snide remarks about my appearance from the people who are supposed to be the most supportive of me still hurts like a bitch.. Just saying, when your own family cares more about your physical appearance than you do, then it's a whole different thing... I can say I don't give a fuck, but that will be a lie because it annoys me every single day... I wish they'd just leave me alone. I'm tired of being a trophy daughter...


the reason you suffer, is because you have escaped from my slavery.... you have forgotten all i have given you... now you can't understand why you suffer so much.... (make your family neutral- aslong as u fight against it- it will keep bothering u- smack to their faces facts)
14029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/18/13 , edited 3/18/13

feuerwerke wrote:

Tch. OP, you're only talking about girls that are mostly attractive anyway but pick at one little thing about themselves, aren't you? You say a lot of nice things, but chances are you don't mean them for women who really need it. Most men would probably balk at what I look like. My stomach is enormous. I have huge lovehandles and rolls of fat on my back. I only weigh 170, but I used to weigh a lot more, and that probably affects how I carry that 170 now. I do have a boyfriend that loves me and is attracted to me, but most men (and queer women) wouldn't be. I hate what I look like regardless of what my boyfriend thinks. Probably because of years of people more or less telling me that it was disgusting for me to even have a sex drive.


ughhhh
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

demongurrl13 wrote:

Family messed with my head... I'm starting to get over it, but snide remarks about my appearance from the people who are supposed to be the most supportive of me still hurts like a bitch.. Just saying, when your own family cares more about your physical appearance than you do, then it's a whole different thing... I can say I don't give a fuck, but that will be a lie because it annoys me every single day... I wish they'd just leave me alone. I'm tired of being a trophy daughter...


You are beautiful just the way you are, don't let anybody tell you differently.
Posted 3/18/13

MikiSayaka wrote:


^This pic.
That is all.


I have seen a lot of ugly chicks, false.
Posted 3/18/13

xtangle wrote:

the reason you suffer, is because you have escaped from my slavery.... you have forgotten all i have given you... now you can't understand why you suffer so much.... (make your family neutral- aslong as u fight against it- it will keep bothering u- smack to their faces facts)


Lol.. Is that so? I really wish it were that easy.. Asian families are all about keeping up appearances. We live in tight-knit communities where everyone will always talk. I've been brought up with this mentality that I NEED to be the best. I NEED to be perfect. I'm the good daughter, the smart one, the pretty one... My job is to make my parents look good. Of course, I'm older now and I have my own life but it's hard to break away. I've tried to stop caring, but the moment they say something about how I shouldn't be eating too much or I'm starting to look like my sister, I just freakin' lose it... >_<

By the way, you really should attend my writing class. It took me a while to decipher that...



lordseth23 wrote:

You are beautiful just the way you are, don't let anybody tell you differently.


Awww... Thank you.
Posted 3/18/13


I honestly have school to thank for it. Years of them saying that I'm fat and ugly'll do that. I'm happy it doesn't happen too much anymore, but it would have been nice if they didn't feel the need to yell, "RUN FAT GIRL, RUN!" at me during P.E.. And in my opinion I'm not even fat. If I could go back and tell my past self, "Hey, don't skip breakfast and dinner. Go ahead and eat," I would.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 3/18/13
My insecurity comes from bullying. For years I had to hear negative remarks about how I looked, what I wore, even about my personality. Like people I don't know would walk past me and out of the blue say "haha, so ugly!" right in my face while laughing, or a boy from the same class mistaking me for someone else, tapping me on the shoulder and as I turn around he looked at my face and says "eww disgusting" with a disgusted look. After a few years of that, you start believing them. No matter how many times my family would say I wasn't ugly, I won't believe them.
Luckily after I moved away and started at a new school, I had no more bullies and my confidence is growing every day, but still the remarks of those people about every part of me still bother me. That's what brought my attention to all my (little) imperfections. Looks do matter in life, unfortunately..
20110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Florida, US
Offline
Posted 3/18/13
media hype.. it's malicious.

the right individual will come to love & appreciate your attributes, but ya gotta love yourself first & foremost.
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13 , edited 3/18/13

Yuumi4 wrote:

My insecurity comes from bullying. For years I had to hear negative remarks about how I looked, what I wore, even about my personality. Like people I don't know would walk past me and out of the blue say "haha, so ugly!" right in my face while laughing, or a boy from the same class mistaking me for someone else, tapping me on the shoulder and as I turn around he looked at my face and says "eww disgusting" with a disgusted look. After a few years of that, you start believing them. No matter how many times my family would say I wasn't ugly, I won't believe them.
Luckily after I moved away and started at a new school, I had no more bullies and my confidence is growing every day, but still the remarks of those people about every part of me still bother me. That's what brought my attention to all my (little) imperfections. Looks do matter in life, unfortunately..


I've been there, I know exactly what you went through. The truth is that looks do not matter to mature people who are ready to spend the rest of their life with you and love you for who you truly are. You didn't choose to be born this way, so there is no reason to hold it against you.
13276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 3/18/13
Men are also the same.

A lot of guys are caught up in what the media tells them at a young age, and they get all focused on getting six packs, the perfect hair, and such.

Both genders have it hard depending on the situations. Some have it worse than others. Peer pressure is a big factor too.
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.