First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
WOMEN AND GIRLS why are you so hard on your self when it comes to the way you view your body?
6539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 3/18/13


I completely applaud you! I have to agree that a lot of males tend to say that they want a girl who's natural but in reality is they want a perfect looking girl who doesn't need make up instead of a girl who doesn't wear make up. I have had guy friend who I've liked and they sit there and complain about how they can never find a girl who is natural and then turn around an look at a pampered princess who obviously isn't natural. While I sit there a girl who is pretty natural all away around and you do not see guys flocking to me. Guys even on here look at those anime girls and guys what it would be IMPOSSIBLE for any of us girls to look anything like an anime character. I mean small thin bodies, big heads, big cute eyes, small mouths and noses and perfect hair. Even big boobs! We as girls or woman cannot obtain such an unnatural thing. Even models aren't that skinny. In reality the standards for girls are just set way too high.
6539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

MikiSayaka wrote:


^This pic.
That is all.


See and this is the type of guy who says this kind of stuff to be cool but then some natural chick (which he thinks is ugly) thinks he will like her then he turns around and be all like "ew" and break her heart.
Posted 3/18/13
Males, why do you all have to act like you're all masculine and tough? It sickens me.
14684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 3/18/13

Dropplet wrote:

While I sit there a girl who is pretty natural all away around and you do not see guys flocking to me.


Guess I will be the first guy then



LOL! I am just kidding around don't listen to me. I agree to many people here are too infatuated with these anime girls, it is a bit unhealthy.
6539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:


Dropplet wrote:

While I sit there a girl who is pretty natural all away around and you do not see guys flocking to me.


Guess I will be the first guy then



LOL! I am just kidding around don't listen to me. I agree to many people here are too infatuated with these anime girls, it is a bit unhealthy.


Awwwwwww why thank you~
14684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 3/18/13 , edited 3/18/13


You are very much welcomed I have been told countless times of how much of ladies man I am... that's a lie of course but I like to believe I was
16012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Middle of Nowhere...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:



You are very much welcomed I have been told countless times of how much of ladies man I am... that's a lie of course but I like to believe I was :P


I love Dick Figures
16012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Middle of Nowhere...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13
To all the ladies out there. Its true that your all beautiful, but make sure you dont have a dreadful personality. Thats what counts.
67799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / lost in the depth...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13
There are several reasons men and women are insecure about how they look. First off is the media. Every day we see what the media is telling us beautiful people are. On billboards, magazines, movies, ads, and more we see people who spend everyday excising constantly to get that "perfect body" look. Then sometimes they will get surgery to change what they think needs changed. Then after they get that look they want they have pro photographers, Light specialists, makeup artists, stylists, and Photoshop editors to get the finished look. Most people have a job, school, or something else that makes it impossible to exercise 4+ hours a day. So we are told that this is what we should look like but we can never reach that goal.
Another reason people can be insecure about their looks is because of bullying we can receive from earlier or currently in life.
Queen Moderator
30638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

Dropplet wrote:


MikiSayaka wrote:


^This pic.
That is all.


See and this is the type of guy who says this kind of stuff to be cool but then some natural chick (which he thinks is ugly) thinks he will like her then he turns around and be all like "ew" and break her heart.


indeed, hell, he prolly thinks the girl who replied is ugly with her sign.
Personally? I bestow upon her the status of "HERO" XD
But, he's a douche. Srsly. Who the hell photoshops space around themselves to seem more "sincere"...wut?
Posted 3/19/13

feuerwerke wrote:

Tch. OP, you're only talking about girls that are mostly attractive anyway but pick at one little thing about themselves, aren't you? You say a lot of nice things, but chances are you don't mean them for women who really need it. Most men would probably balk at what I look like. My stomach is enormous. I have huge lovehandles and rolls of fat on my back. I only weigh 170, but I used to weigh a lot more, and that probably affects how I carry that 170 now. I do have a boyfriend that loves me and is attracted to me, but most men (and queer women) wouldn't be. I hate what I look like regardless of what my boyfriend thinks. Probably because of years of people more or less telling me that it was disgusting for me to even have a sex drive.


I'm talking about all types of women...the example was to say that even women that are looked at as perfect have issues. Yes she had one thing she was insecure about, but that one thing would make her depressed from time to time.
25286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 3/19/13 , edited 3/19/13
It's the fault of the media, really.

They portray thin as beautiful. There are many thin starlets, most models are thin; etc. Slender, long legged, that seems like the ideal. You have high fashion models showing up in lingerie ads, clothing ads, even mundane ads for target now feature tall, thin women. You always hear and read about celebrities losing weight when they don't need to, toning up when they really don't need to. Also, there are women in anime who have disproportionate bodies, huge breasts on top of waif figures that would cause them to collapse if they were real, plain stick figures, etc, though anime characters' tall and thin proportions don't bother me THAT much. It's just an art style.

I feel like society is kind of pressuring me, pressuring me to be perfect and slim. I've dropped 11 lbs (I'm 119 now, I was 130 at 5'6", which was formerly 5'5.5") since I started exercising, but I still don't like that my thighs touch, or that I'm losing weight in the wrong places. There's propaganda everywhere for weight loss, and sometimes I feel like I can't ignore it. I've struggled with my weight since middle school, really, and initially, it was because; a. I felt bloated and chubby, and b. girls would always mock me, call me fat, because they hadn't 'developed' yet. Now I just struggle with my body image because I don't find my weight acceptable.
19037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Indiana
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

marcel20 wrote:


feuerwerke wrote:

Tch. OP, you're only talking about girls that are mostly attractive anyway but pick at one little thing about themselves, aren't you? You say a lot of nice things, but chances are you don't mean them for women who really need it. Most men would probably balk at what I look like. My stomach is enormous. I have huge lovehandles and rolls of fat on my back. I only weigh 170, but I used to weigh a lot more, and that probably affects how I carry that 170 now. I do have a boyfriend that loves me and is attracted to me, but most men (and queer women) wouldn't be. I hate what I look like regardless of what my boyfriend thinks. Probably because of years of people more or less telling me that it was disgusting for me to even have a sex drive.


I'm talking about all types of women...the example was to say that even women that are looked at as perfect have issues. Yes she had one thing she was insecure about, but that one thing would make her depressed from time to time.


Yeah, and that is bad. But it rubs me the wrong way how guys will say things like this, but still if you are a woman that would commonly be considered unattractive, you're still going to be ignored, looked down on, mocked, et cetera. Often by guys who make these claims. Yes, it's sad when a beautiful woman thinks she's ugly because she isn't photoshopped celebrity beautiful, but it's more common for a girl who actually is pretty far from the common beauty standard to have her self esteem pummeled into the ground for it.

I really don't trust most men who make claims like yours. It's almost always only for the actual "pretty" girls.

Also not directly aimed at you, OP, but a note on makeup; it's not something that's only used to cover something about a woman's face that she's insecure about. It's not always to "fix" anything. Personally I use makeup regularly because I genuinely enjoy using it. Quite frankly, I don't care if anyone thinks I'd be prettier without makeup or whatever else. I enjoy it. And I'm not the only one.
Posted 3/19/13 , edited 3/19/13

feuerwerke wrote:


marcel20 wrote:


feuerwerke wrote:

Tch. OP, you're only talking about girls that are mostly attractive anyway but pick at one little thing about themselves, aren't you? You say a lot of nice things, but chances are you don't mean them for women who really need it. Most men would probably balk at what I look like. My stomach is enormous. I have huge lovehandles and rolls of fat on my back. I only weigh 170, but I used to weigh a lot more, and that probably affects how I carry that 170 now. I do have a boyfriend that loves me and is attracted to me, but most men (and queer women) wouldn't be. I hate what I look like regardless of what my boyfriend thinks. Probably because of years of people more or less telling me that it was disgusting for me to even have a sex drive.


I'm talking about all types of women...the example was to say that even women that are looked at as perfect have issues. Yes she had one thing she was insecure about, but that one thing would make her depressed from time to time.


Yeah, and that is bad. But it rubs me the wrong way how guys will say things like this, but still if you are a woman that would commonly be considered unattractive, you're still going to be ignored, looked down on, mocked, et cetera. Often by guys who make these claims. Yes, it's sad when a beautiful woman thinks she's ugly because she isn't photoshopped celebrity beautiful, but it's more common for a girl who actually is pretty far from the common beauty standard to have her self esteem pummeled into the ground for it.

I really don't trust most men who make claims like yours. It's almost always only for the actual "pretty" girls.

Also not directly aimed at you, OP, but a note on makeup; it's not something that's only used to cover something about a woman's face that she's insecure about. It's not always to "fix" anything. Personally I use makeup regularly because I genuinely enjoy using it. Quite frankly, I don't care if anyone thinks I'd be prettier without makeup or whatever else. I enjoy it. And I'm not the only one.


Thank you for your response,
The thing is that I, like every guy has a ideal type of woman that I'm attracted to and you may or may not fall in that category, but its OK for us to to have these specific qualifications for a mate. Also there are those who are naturally attractive without trying, but what I am saying is that: no matter what your type is there will be plenty of men into you. As far as the weight issue is concerned....there are dating services online or in RL that cater to men who love nothing but plus size women(this is just one example). If you have some one who loves you for you isn't THAT what really matters in the long run? Because that love of all that you are is what we desire as human beings male or female...am I right?
55074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

feuerwerke wrote:

Yeah, and that is bad. But it rubs me the wrong way how guys will say things like this, but still if you are a woman that would commonly be considered unattractive, you're still going to be ignored, looked down on, mocked, et cetera. Often by guys who make these claims. Yes, it's sad when a beautiful woman thinks she's ugly because she isn't photoshopped celebrity beautiful, but it's more common for a girl who actually is pretty far from the common beauty standard to have her self esteem pummeled into the ground for it.

I really don't trust most men who make claims like yours. It's almost always only for the actual "pretty" girls.

Also not directly aimed at you, OP, but a note on makeup; it's not something that's only used to cover something about a woman's face that she's insecure about. It's not always to "fix" anything. Personally I use makeup regularly because I genuinely enjoy using it. Quite frankly, I don't care if anyone thinks I'd be prettier without makeup or whatever else. I enjoy it. And I'm not the only one.



This post.





First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.