Remove this ad
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Post Reply WOMEN AND GIRLS why are you so hard on your self when it comes to the way you view your body?
9826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
It's just how they are wired. They are never content with anything, while seeking approval of others constantly. :] But the right guy will come along and love her for all her faults or she might meet a player then become a player herself. =)
22513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / IN CALI
Online
Posted 3/20/13

demongurrl13 wrote:

Because it upsets me that I'm NOT a cyborg... Someone somewhere better be working on that shit...


hmmm, I don't know Some Cylons are hot.
17033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Indiana
Offline
Posted 3/20/13

lordseth23 wrote:


feuerwerke wrote:

Yeah, and that is bad. But it rubs me the wrong way how guys will say things like this, but still if you are a woman that would commonly be considered unattractive, you're still going to be ignored, looked down on, mocked, et cetera. Often by guys who make these claims. Yes, it's sad when a beautiful woman thinks she's ugly because she isn't photoshopped celebrity beautiful, but it's more common for a girl who actually is pretty far from the common beauty standard to have her self esteem pummeled into the ground for it.

I really don't trust most men who make claims like yours. It's almost always only for the actual "pretty" girls.

Also not directly aimed at you, OP, but a note on makeup; it's not something that's only used to cover something about a woman's face that she's insecure about. It's not always to "fix" anything. Personally I use makeup regularly because I genuinely enjoy using it. Quite frankly, I don't care if anyone thinks I'd be prettier without makeup or whatever else. I enjoy it. And I'm not the only one.


The only people that deliberately ignore, look down upon, and mock other people are the ones who are immature and are not yet ready to experience friendship. Please don't lose faith in men, because there are some out there who would actually like to be friends with everybody, including every single woman that exists, regardless of her beauty.


Oh, don't worry, I haven't lost faith in men. I've found one who's absolutely lovely, after all. But the type of guy that feels the need to proclaim stuff like OP usually turns out to be...well, like OP. Self-important, actually narrow-minded, and only trying to look like a nice person by going the flattery route. Because honestly, if you're so conceited that you think women are going to magically gain self esteem and love themselves for who they are despite years of mistreatment and the media bombarding them with signals that their bodies are undesirable, you probably aren't a very good person.

Also just. A note to anyone out there who is a decent human being and maybe wants to try cheering up a friend with low self esteem and bad luck with dating: do NOT try to tell them "oh, you're beautiful, someone will come along and see that someday!" or "oh I'd totally date you, if it weren't for ____!" (the blank can be a lot of things, like "if I wasn't already dating someone" or "if I was into girls" (usually used by straight female friends, etc). It doesn't help.
1811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
It's society. Society is cruel. Even if you have a slight amount of pudge on you people could make fun of you..
So of course we're going to be self conscious. Boys often dump girls because they've gained weight and it's the same vice versa.
We're trying to protect ourselves.
4330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / HK
Offline
Posted 3/20/13
all for da guys. it's sad rlly...
22513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / IN CALI
Online
Posted 3/21/13

feuerwerke wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


feuerwerke wrote:

Yeah, and that is bad. But it rubs me the wrong way how guys will say things like this, but still if you are a woman that would commonly be considered unattractive, you're still going to be ignored, looked down on, mocked, et cetera. Often by guys who make these claims. Yes, it's sad when a beautiful woman thinks she's ugly because she isn't photoshopped celebrity beautiful, but it's more common for a girl who actually is pretty far from the common beauty standard to have her self esteem pummeled into the ground for it.

I really don't trust most men who make claims like yours. It's almost always only for the actual "pretty" girls.

Also not directly aimed at you, OP, but a note on makeup; it's not something that's only used to cover something about a woman's face that she's insecure about. It's not always to "fix" anything. Personally I use makeup regularly because I genuinely enjoy using it. Quite frankly, I don't care if anyone thinks I'd be prettier without makeup or whatever else. I enjoy it. And I'm not the only one.


The only people that deliberately ignore, look down upon, and mock other people are the ones who are immature and are not yet ready to experience friendship. Please don't lose faith in men, because there are some out there who would actually like to be friends with everybody, including every single woman that exists, regardless of her beauty.


Oh, don't worry, I haven't lost faith in men. I've found one who's absolutely lovely, after all. But the type of guy that feels the need to proclaim stuff like OP usually turns out to be...well, like OP. Self-important, actually narrow-minded, and only trying to look like a nice person by going the flattery route. Because honestly, if you're so conceited that you think women are going to magically gain self esteem and love themselves for who they are despite years of mistreatment and the media bombarding them with signals that their bodies are undesirable, you probably aren't a very good person.

Also just. A note to anyone out there who is a decent human being and maybe wants to try cheering up a friend with low self esteem and bad luck with dating: do NOT try to tell them "oh, you're beautiful, someone will come along and see that someday!" or "oh I'd totally date you, if it weren't for ____!" (the blank can be a lot of things, like "if I wasn't already dating someone" or "if I was into girls" (usually used by straight female friends, etc). It doesn't help.


This is a prime example of a bitter person. You should probably see a professional about your past, so that you can move on from it. It is not healthy to hold on to past teasing and or bullying in transition to adult-hood. Holding on to things like this is will be a block in your future pursuit in finding people who love you or making those who do love you feel off and want to leave do to your shield of bitterness(that was not their fault or their doing). Some people like myself took being teased and grew from it(became stronger and more confident) becoming stronger and NOT giving in to bitterness. You can tell a lot about a person not by what they say, but how it is said...keep that in mind plzz. also being bitter causes you to see only the bad in everything...its not what actually IS to you, but what you make it to be.
Posted 3/21/13
because we just want to be skinnier in order to fit in those nice dresses at the shopping mall. guy, it is not for you guys to enjoy how we look!
Posted 3/28/13
Personally I'm not.
402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Greensboro, North...
Offline
Posted 3/28/13
I am a little big so i am a little hard on myself, but not that crying girl that is like oh she so fat and lonely need a man to feel better and blah blah blah type. I haven't even tried to lose weight so i cant complain. I would do things to make my friends and family laugh. I would like stand up really slowly and say something like, "man i am a fat ass". And i would say it so much they would be like yeah they know . Caring about what a man thinks of me left the building after i graduated high school, had me a kid, then went back to school and had to work. If a man wanna get to know me and wanna start a relationship, that i am interested in, not just anybody, then by all means, i am yours. What you see is what you get.
Posted 3/28/13

NavyBlack wrote:

OK this can go the same way for guys ( im a dude btw) . As a bodybuilder , being able to shape and sculpt the body to what you want is amazing if you ask me. I know not all girls try to get jacked or anything but sometimes wanting some abs is ok too, it really pushes your limits and it all comes down to how bad you want it. This of course speaking of ,would be talking about fitness. Other factors like your face , genes, i agree that you just have to accept who you are and be proud of it.


well your one HOT dude
33234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / ~outside your win...
Offline
Posted 3/28/13
some girls just wanna be perfect, they see models and look at the magazines and they want to be like them... but no one is perfect
34107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Southwest USA
Offline
Posted 3/28/13
Find it amusing that this discussion is posted on an anime site. You know where there are tons of girls who are overly skinny, big boobed and gorgeous and all the men on this forum that seem to love ecchi and then you wonder why girls are insecure. Even in all the anime is there ever a girl that is on the plump side? Not obese or anything just, you know healthy. But of course there are anime's with mains who are overly plump guys or overly short or overly scary and for some reason that is ok.
12143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 6/23/13 , edited 6/24/13

kangachijay wrote:

It's just how they are wired. They are never content with anything, while seeking approval of others constantly. :] But the right guy will come along and love her for all her faults or she might meet a player then become a player herself. =)
--and he will solve all your problems, if not, you will become a guy juggler !

Stay away from the drama section
13582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 6/23/13

marcel20 wrote:

As a guy I see women on tv shows, in real life and even on crunchyroll forum post saying how their too tall or short, or hate their legs, thighs, feet, hips and the list goes on and on down to every last deatailed part of their body's. I was dating a girl who was a model, nothing wrong with her at all from where I was looking, but she told me that she is ashamed of her toes and I asked why and she replied "their too fat" and no matter what I said she still thought that her toes were fat and they realy realy weren't .

Ladies no matter how you think you look a guy will find something sexy about you and THATS IS ALL THAT WE NEED to be attracted to you....I know media and magizines hold you to unfair standards of Beauty, but if guys were held to such a thing the magizine company's and media wouldn't make any money due to the fact that we don't realy give a damn what they think so why can't it be that way for you?,even if we tell you your beautiful?? I am in no way trying to beat you down, but I just want you to know that every one of you are beautiful in some way to some guy....and that he will be happy with just you and all of you even your so-called fat toes so believe in YOUR own beauty and back it up with confidence :)



Until society stops shaming women and girls to fit into this cookie cutter ideology of how we should look, I don't think this will ever truly go away.
21156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 6/23/13

Kanade_Yagami wrote:

Until society stops shaming women and girls to fit into this cookie cutter ideology of how we should look, I don't think this will ever truly go away.


This 100%.
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.