Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply WOMEN AND GIRLS why are you so hard on your self when it comes to the way you view your body?
22532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
It has a lot to do with how young girls are raised through gender roles. For example when you give a girl a Barbie doll and a boy a G.I. Joe. Not to mention every person (male and female) you see on TV has the body of a Greek god/goddess.

Myself and most of the guys I know actually find skinny people less attractive then a girl with a healthy amount of meat. It'd be fine if people in general didn't care about the way their body looks as much as their health, but that's not how today's society is.
Posted 10/28/12
bitch please, im fantastic
36905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 10/28/12
I think one of the reasons that I held myself at such standards was because of my mom. She was the most popular girl in her school when she was my age and all around beauty badass. I was never like that and I think in a way she felt bad about it (always tried to make me 'girly' and 'pretty'.) As a teen, we look up to the women in popular media circles, which has only progressively gotten worse in terms of 'body image.' Now, I realize that I am what I am and it shouldn't matter what other people think. No matter how gorgeous you are, someone somewhere in the world will find something to hate. Just like a fellow memer said earlier in this forum, someone somewhere else will find something totally sexy to love about you. Girls just need to say 'eff you' to the ridiculous beauty hype. I run when I feel icky and I put on make-up if I feel like getting dolled up. Other than that, I'm a jeans and parody t-shirt kind of girl with pig tails. People may thin I look dumb, but I'm okay with that. I wish more parents and media assholes would preach that instead of size 0 lectures. Sorry for the rant, haha.
667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles, Ca
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

marcel20 wrote:

As a guy I see women on tv shows, in real life and even on crunchyroll forum post saying how their too tall or short, or hate their legs, thighs, feet, hips and the list goes on and on down to every last deatailed part of their body's. I was dating a girl who was a model, nothing wrong with her at all from where I was looking, but she told me that she is ashamed of her toes and I asked why and she replied "their too fat" and no matter what I said she still thought that her toes were fat and they realy realy weren't .

Ladies no matter how you think you look a guy will find something sexy about you and THATS IS ALL THAT WE NEED to be attracted to you....I know media and magizines hold you to unfair standards of Beauty, but if guys were held to such a thing the magizine company's and media wouldn't make any money due to the fact that we don't realy give a damn what they think so why can't it be that way for you?,even if we tell you your beautiful?? I am in no way trying to beat you down, but I just want you to know that every one of you are beautiful in some way to some guy....and that he will be happy with just you and all of you even your so-called fat toes so believe in YOUR own beauty and back it up with confidence :)



Girls should care about their appearance,to a certain extent of course. Girls that just don't care about their appearance are unattractive in my opinion. Everyone appreciates the girl that comes into class or job and you can easily tell that she woke up ahead of time to shower, pick her clothes out, put some make-up on and do her hair as opposed to the girl that looks like she just rolled out of bed and just put something on. It's different for guys because girls are hardwired differently, they are attracted to guys that make them feel good, provide a sense of security and social status not just by looks; of course there are some very shallow women out there. And the majority of guys are more attracted to the girls appearance..
8806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

DAN213 wrote:

Girls should care about their appearance,to a certain extent of course. Girls that just don't care about their appearance are unattractive in my opinion. Everyone appreciates the girl that comes into class or job and you can easily tell that she woke up ahead of time to shower, pick her clothes out, put some make-up on and do her hair as opposed to the girl that looks like she just rolled out of bed and just put something on. It's different for guys because girls are hardwired differently, they are attracted to guys that make them feel good, provide a sense of security and social status not just by looks; of course there are some very shallow women out there. And the majority of guys are more attracted to the girls appearance..


I totally agree man. Nobody wants a self-absorbed narcissist who spends hours in front of a mirror...but not many people want a person who just lets themselves go either.

Like I've posted earlier:

667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles, Ca
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

Winterfells wrote:


DAN213 wrote:

Girls should care about their appearance,to a certain extent of course. Girls that just don't care about their appearance are unattractive in my opinion. Everyone appreciates the girl that comes into class or job and you can easily tell that she woke up ahead of time to shower, pick her clothes out, put some make-up on and do her hair as opposed to the girl that looks like she just rolled out of bed and just put something on. It's different for guys because girls are hardwired differently, they are attracted to guys that make them feel good, provide a sense of security and social status not just by looks; of course there are some very shallow women out there. And the majority of guys are more attracted to the girls appearance..


I totally agree man. Nobody wants a self-absorbed narcissist who spends hours in front of a mirror...but not many people want a person who just lets themselves go either.

Like I've posted earlier:


Like-wise, I couldn't agree more with you're post as well. Well said bro..
22513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / IN CALI
Offline
Posted 10/28/12

bmeadows0923 wrote:

I think one of the reasons that I held myself at such standards was because of my mom. She was the most popular girl in her school when she was my age and all around beauty badass. I was never like that and I think in a way she felt bad about it (always tried to make me 'girly' and 'pretty'.) As a teen, we look up to the women in popular media circles, which has only progressively gotten worse in terms of 'body image.' Now, I realize that I am what I am and it shouldn't matter what other people think. No matter how gorgeous you are, someone somewhere in the world will find something to hate. Just like a fellow memer said earlier in this forum, someone somewhere else will find something totally sexy to love about you. Girls just need to say 'eff you' to the ridiculous beauty hype. I run when I feel icky and I put on make-up if I feel like getting dolled up. Other than that, I'm a jeans and parody t-shirt kind of girl with pig tails. People may thin I look dumb, but I'm okay with that. I wish more parents and media assholes would preach that instead of size 0 lectures. Sorry for the rant, haha.


Exactly,...thanks for adding...It helps for other women to say things like that on this post because no matter what I say-I am a guy and a woman hearing it from another woman will go a little farther.
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Cali
Offline
Posted 10/29/12
Women compete against each other. If one sees another who looks better, blessed with curves, etc, then she immediately feels like crap so they try hard to look as good.

Girls in their teens take their appearance seriously because they feel like they are being judged by others. As they get older, they will realize its all just a phase. Some guys are like that too.

It doesnt hurt to look presentable, but why spend hours and hours in front of a mirror with tons of makeup and such. I like a woman who is confident in herself and doesnt have to hid who she is.
61219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 2/2/13

MikiSayaka wrote:


^This pic.
That is all.


That...is...awesome...

It's human nature, everyone wants to me physically desirable. But when it goes to extremes it's unhealthy physically and mentally. Yea the media portrays an image few can live up to, but you have to realize that for what it is... The key for is not give a shit what other people think. Don't kill yourself on double whoppers, but don't throw up all your meals either....
Banned
31580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The Universal Con...
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
It's the fucking media, dude.
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/13 , edited 2/2/13
Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on sex; behavior, conditions, or attitudes that foster stereotypes of social roles based on sex

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism




-Vega- wrote:

It's the fucking media, dude.


They are responsible that almost every girl feel insecure about herself.

10763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/2/13 , edited 2/2/13
It's not just women, I shower once~twice a day, and brush my teeth three to six times a day. I'm extremely serious about hygiene. I brush my hair after get out of the shower, and again not to long after if I somehow mess it up, even if it's just to be around the house relaxing.
22513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / IN CALI
Offline
Posted 2/2/13

moneygrip3030 wrote:


MikiSayaka wrote:


^This pic.
That is all.


That...is...awesome...

It's human nature, everyone wants to me physically desirable. But when it goes to extremes it's unhealthy physically and mentally. Yea the media portrays an image few can live up to, but you have to realize that for what it is... The key for is not give a shit what other people think. Don't kill yourself on double whoppers, but don't throw up all your meals either....


This
1157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Eastern Washington
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
I think that it is a bio-psychological mechanism within the brain. A women's brain is hardwired to want to be desired by men, so the brain is critical on the bodies physical appearance. Men are attracted to fit women because it means that they are healthy and fit for breeding, and will produce desirable offspring. Personally I select my female partners based on traits that will yield me desirable offspring. It's for the good of the species.
2509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Wherever the wind...
Offline
Posted 2/3/13
I don't know what you're talking about. *retreats into dark cave*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.