First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Japanese Social Problems
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08
russia has a higher suicide rate because, well, obviously there's hella more people there than in japan.

i think japan's suicidal rate is pretty high due to influence of media and such as well.
prostitution's definitely a big problem, when i was in japan over the summer, i was approached by TWO UGLY YUCKY MEN for sex.. disgusting. one was willing to pay 30,000 yen (about 300 US dollars) and the other was willing to pay 48,000 yen (~480 US)

makes me puke
10670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08
I know there are a lot of pedophiles here in the United States but in the US they don't commercially sell Lolicon Manga, Hentai, Games, etc and they do not produce and sell what is known as "Child Cheesecake" video's in the United States. But of these are huge commercial markets in Japan.
10670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08
As for the sexless marriages, this is becoming a huge issue. Noone is having babies in Japan; therefore, the population is declining at an alarming rate.

On the flipside, there are a lot of dissatisfied 30 something Japanese women just waiting for a nice guy to sweep them off their feet. That is where I come in :)
They are right in my age range, 30's. I will treat that special Japanese woman like a princess.
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08
From what I hear "that special Japanese woman" will act like a princess too.
460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Aurora, Colorado
Offline
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08

ch0b1ts wrote:

Every day I read the Mainichi Shinbunp online and I'm amazed at the number of people in high positions of power who are caught having sex with underage girls, molesting underage girls on trains, or taking advantage of underage girls in other situations.
Why are there so many lolicons in Japan? Or does it just seems that way because every instance is reported in the news?

On the other side of this issue is the numerous Jr High and High School girls prostituting themselves on cellphone matchmaking sites. They are making $$$ off the lolicons and use it to buy the latest fashions. It doesn't seem the Japanese government is doing anything to stop the other side of issue.

Next, has anyone else noticed how many people commit suicide by jumping in front of trains in Japan. The Japanese don't do suicide half assed. It isn't like in the US where someone tries to off themselves by taking a bunch of pills and failing at death just as bad as they failed at life. Everyday in the Japanese news you get a story that reads like this... "<Insert Random Japanese Name> jumped in front of an oncoming train bound far <Insert Destination> at <Insert Station Name>. Trains were delayed <Random # Minutes> inconveniencing <Insert Random Large #> people." The funny thing is, the article focuses more on how many people were inconvenienced rather than the guy committing suicide. It seems to be socially acceptable to commit suicide in Japan as long as no one is inconvenienced by it.

Finally, there is the issue of sexless marriages. People in Japan just don't have sex after they are married. Almost every Jr High student is having sex 3 times a day but once they marry, that is it, no more sex. I'm not kidding about all the Jr High students having sex. I have 3 friends who are former JETs and they all told me the same thing. (Well this is another social issue that can be discussed.) Anyways, why does the sex stop in Japan? Why are there so many unhappy, sexless couples? I have a story that may relate to the issue. I was on a tour of Mt Fuji this past fall and the tour guide was a 60 year old Japanese man. He believed that a woman's role was in the home taking care of the man. Doing whatever the man wanted. Cooking, cleaning, sex. He blamed the raise of sexless marriages and the decline of the population on the Japanese Women not performing their duties properly. He also commented that many Japanese men beat their wives. This completely blew me away. Moreover, he didn't have a problem with it.
Are people like this guy the entire problem? Or what is the problem?

There are so many more social issues I could add, but this is a good starting point.





I think that these are very important points to bring up. Because they happen all over the world. I think that some of the sexless
marriages are due to arranged marriages. Or people marrying because it is not socialy acceptable to be single over a certain age in japan. In America you dont really hear that much about suicides on the news, though i am sure that they happen a lot. Mabey in Japan some people still look to the old custom that committing suicide is an honorable way to die. But that is just my view I'm not saying that i am right.




2554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08

ch0b1ts wrote:

I know there are a lot of pedophiles here in the United States but in the US they don't commercially sell Lolicon Manga, Hentai, Games, etc and they do not produce and sell what is known as "Child Cheesecake" video's in the United States. But of these are huge commercial markets in Japan.


Woah...Child Cheesecake? ROFL!

I had no idea about these kind of issues until I found this thread, thanks for enlightening me. But I have to agree, some/most of these issues do occur in other countries, not just Japan.
In regards to lolicon and pedophilia, and its use in marketing in Japan....I have no idea, but it sure is encouraging it. Maybe its something to do with the school-girl image in Japan? Female teenagers in Japan, in my eyes, can have a certain Ooosh to them..if you know what I mean. Maybe its the fact that they have this oosh, and they're young and probably more vulnerable (emotionally as well) that gives guys the thrill they secretly desire. I always thought that Japan is one of the most repressed countries out there, girls being passive during and before sex, guys being socially retarded (lol) with a large sense of honor mixed in the air.
I guess as Japan gets more and more like America (globalisation), things start to change, like teenagers getting out there, thinking sex is just pleasure or money, and selling their bodies. That, along with the lolicon marketing schemes, these teenagers could make their own business! And the guys, by now, are just being encouraged.

The no-sex after marriage thing, you make a good point in the OP post. As more women stop conforming to the stereotypical house-wife thing, the sex might have less time. The Japanese also seem to work a lot, into the night. When I lived with a Japanese family for a few days for some exchange program, the father worked till about 9 every night. From that, along with other things I've heard, I've come to believe that. Doesn't sound very healthy for the sex life. The fact that right now, the married couples are probably not as engrossed in Western culture as the teenagers, so the women are still probably passive with sex, and guys trying to be honorable samurai. (Eh you get what I mean, don't take that too literally).

The all-women carriages doesn't say as much about the frequency of molesting incidents though I'm sure it's probably increasing now, but more the fact that they are kinda the most thoughtful culture out there.

About the suicides, hell, I agree with the newspapers putting more detail into the inconveniences caused by train-suiciders. If they want to end their life, please don't do it so I, along with thousands of people, will be late to work/school/home (in the morning =3). The way they detail it like that is probably to discourage any more train-suiciders, for the good of the economy.
The fact that they have such a high suicide rate is a whole other topic, and I don't have much clue onto why it is so.

A good observation brought up though, placed in the right website.


crazedfairy wrote:

I think that some of the sexless marriages are due to arranged marriages. Or people marrying because it is not socialy acceptable to be single over a certain age in japan.



Apparently, over 90% of arranged marriages work. This, I think, is in India though =3. And I think its true, that once you're past a certain age and not married, or single, people may think of you in an odd way, or you may already be frustrated (reference to someone elses post).
260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Asian land
Offline
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08
About that whole sex stops after marriage, if my husband beat me I wouldn't have sex with him either. I'd get up kick him in the nuts and say 'Fuck you asswipe I deserve better than this shit.' and leave his sorry ass.

Also this is something I heard from my grandpa who does not favor Japan but he said that the women are lower then the men basically and I mean I hate to think its true but it just might be. But I heard that since theres so many women being molested on buses they are making gender split buses.

But this is just what I heard.
10670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08
Just today in the Japanese news I read the following story.

5 girls, education official tied to child prostitution scandal on matchmaking site
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/national/news/20080122p2a00m0na017000c.html

From there you can check out all the related articles.


163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / House Adasho
Offline
Posted 1/22/08 , edited 4/18/08
The changes in the demographic structure have created a number of social issues, particularly a potential decline in the workforce population and increases in the cost of social security benefits such as the public pension plan. It is also noted that many Japanese youth are increasingly preferring not to marry or have families as adults.[72] Japan's population is expected to drop to 100 million by 2050 and to 64 million by 2100.[71] Demographers and government planners are currently in a heated debate over how to cope with this problem.[72] Immigration and birth incentives are sometimes suggested as a solution to provide younger workers to support the nation's aging population.[73] Immigration, however, is not popular.[74]

The highest estimates for the amount of Buddhists and Shintoists in Japan is 84-96% a syncretism of both[2][75]. However, it is possible that these estimates are based on people with an association with a temple, rather than the amount of people following the religion. This means that the amount of Buddhists in Japan could be as low as 20%[76], and Shintoists as low as 3.3% [77] if one where to go by the amount of people identifying with those religions. This would mean the non-religious would be as high as 75%
-wikipedia


Listen folks Japan has a TON of problems.....Its no wonder that they have a high suicide rate and to top it all off its an exteamly stressful culture to be brought up in.....
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 1/23/08 , edited 4/18/08

emm0548 wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


mona0211 wrote:

every country has little bit of messed up parts.. you know some has human trafficking, drugs, illegal immigration, etc.. its not that suprising. also almost every country has that "women has to do the cleaning and what the men says". so...


If you call that "little bit of messed up" then by your standards what the fuck is messed up? In my books, it was called Pedophilia and rape last time i checked in the law books.
It's just a sad thing that the Japanese culture promotes such indignity upon it's citizens.

Also, men > women therefore we can fuck em all we want, in fact why not just legalise pedophilia? littlegirls can be hot too.


pedophilia is a mental disease..you cannot legalize mental disease


Why not? Anything illegal CAN be legalised. Just do the opposite. Simple.
6480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Intelligence Route
Offline
Posted 1/23/08 , edited 4/18/08
You are right, some articles I read about " How is Japan " are smilar as you wrote.
There are many people commiting suicide in Japan, mostly high schoolers.

338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / my house
Offline
Posted 1/23/08 , edited 4/18/08

echo123456 wrote:


mona0211 wrote:

every country has little bit of messed up parts.. you know some has human trafficking, drugs, illegal immigration, etc.. its not that suprising. also almost every country has that "women has to do the cleaning and what the men says". so...


If you call that "little bit of messed up" then by your standards what the fuck is messed up? In my books, it was called Pedophilia and rape last time i checked in the law books.
It's just a sad thing that the Japanese culture promotes such indignity upon it's citizens.

Also, men > women therefore we can fuck em all we want, in fact why not just legalise pedophilia? littlegirls can be hot too.


I remember watching an interview by some western people in Japn. They were asking Japanese people about the idol photobooks and were showing ones of younger 6 -12 and the the western people all said that it was some sick stuff and quite a few of the Japanese were like if that's what the person likes. :/ And a couple were like it's fine I like it. Which is so gross, having seen a couple of the photobooks. They also interviewed a couple parents of the kids and they were like there's nothing wrong/nothing sexual/they won't remember. I'm not saying that western people don't believe this but but it's not something that is accepted. If you say 'hey I'm putting my 10 year old in a tea back and taking pics to sell, that will NOT go over well.

Also, their rape and sexual assualt laws are not good enough. I can't really remember it now but I was looking them up this summer and they were really angering me. (Then again I dislike Britian's newest addition.) I think guys can't be raped or something.



7281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 1/23/08 , edited 4/18/08
only in Japan? really?
1863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In the world of t...
Offline
Posted 1/23/08 , edited 4/18/08
well I get the suicide thing down, after all they don't want to live after having their honor tarnished, its a samurai thing right? harakiri and seppuku

lolicons, ok I dunno what has gotten into these japs but they are fucking sick and twisted!!

about prostitutes and premarital sex, I can say the same for our nation, gr6 students, 7th graders, 1st years, damn I may not know any of em personally but I know a lot of them got laid at this age, finding an 18 yr old virgin is like looking for a needle in a hay-stack
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 1/23/08 , edited 4/18/08

echo123456 wrote:


emm0548 wrote:


echo123456 wrote:


mona0211 wrote:

every country has little bit of messed up parts.. you know some has human trafficking, drugs, illegal immigration, etc.. its not that suprising. also almost every country has that "women has to do the cleaning and what the men says". so...


If you call that "little bit of messed up" then by your standards what the fuck is messed up? In my books, it was called Pedophilia and rape last time i checked in the law books.
It's just a sad thing that the Japanese culture promotes such indignity upon it's citizens.

Also, men > women therefore we can fuck em all we want, in fact why not just legalise pedophilia? littlegirls can be hot too.


pedophilia is a mental disease..you cannot legalize mental disease


Why not? Anything illegal CAN be legalised. Just do the opposite. Simple.


you cant put into law something that is a disease to a person and is a danger to another person...

thats why there are mental health institutions...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.