Post Reply Does crunchyroll even support buffering?
29095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/13/12
At college my Internet connect be slow at times. What many people would do is pause the video and wait a few minutes for the buffer to fill up a bit before continuing watching their video without intterruption.

However, I have noticed that chrunyroll doesn't really support buffering outside a few seconds. Keeping a video paused for like an hour means nothing to it. So even at SD quality, the video will play for a seconds, stop for a minute, start again, and repeat. Sometimes I have to even reload the whole page just for it to start again period.
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
75599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 9/13/12

rsplayer wrote:

At college my Internet connect be slow at times. What many people would do is pause the video and wait a few minutes for the buffer to fill up a bit before continuing watching their video without intterruption.

However, I have noticed that chrunyroll doesn't really support buffering outside a few seconds. Keeping a video paused for like an hour means nothing to it. So even at SD quality, the video will play for a seconds, stop for a minute, start again, and repeat. Sometimes I have to even reload the whole page just for it to start again period.


Have you tried changing your DNS server? It might help on your issue:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-627053/help-with-video-playback-problems?pg=42#36454875


Regarding your question, due to license and such the buffer is almost non-existent. BasouKazuma or Bjaker can probably provide you with more details, if you want.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
35285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 9/13/12


There's a bunch of different issues here, but let's start where we can.

Try the following first:

I would check to make sure that the drivers for your graphics card are up to date.
Shut down any unnecessary programs when you watch videos on our site.
Right click on the Flash Player and go to settings, make sure Hardware Acceleration is enabled and that you have updated Local Storage to Unlimited.
10301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/27/13 , edited 5/27/13
I was excited to watch HQ anime since I just got my subscription today. I'm upset now and kinda regretting getting a subscription now. I can't even watch anime at 480p with out it stopping every 20 seconds. I get better buffering from free anime sites :/
The Wise Wizard
73212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/28/13

Boltbreak wrote: I can't even watch anime at 480p with out it stopping every 20 seconds. I get better buffering from free anime sites :/

Technically you don't get any from them, since they don't host their own videos.

10301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/28/13

TheAncientOne wrote:

Technically you don't get any from them, since they don't host their own videos.



Either way, it still sucks that I can't watched any video at even 480p :/ I'm basically forced to watch Standard Definition on-the-go.
27233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 5/28/13
What about your phone? Do you have a phone that has 4G service? You can get the iPhone/Android app, in that case.
I understand it's not very convienient though... you can also get a Roku, they're relatively inexpensive and should give you no video problems! (Though afaik anime is stuck at 480-- still looks good to me :))
14111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/13 , edited 6/19/13
I changed my adblock settings
so I would recommend yall changing ad blocker setting and disable it for that site and you should be good to go

hope that helps
cuz it made a world of difference for me
You must be logged in to post.