First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll - New iOS App
9341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / irst
Offline
Posted 9/22/12
I can see my queue! Not having my queue was my biggest problem with the previous version (there was no point logging in if you didn't have a premium account).

One little problem though: I did fully watch one video today, Moyashimon ep 3. After the first ad played, it spooled for about 30 seconds before a second ad played. The video played fine after that. It was an episode that I had partially watched before, so that may be the reason. However, it started playing the video at the very beginning instead of where I left off.

I started to watch some other videos to see if they did this (wait a long time after the first ad), but they didn't.

Using iphone 3GS, iOS 5.0, wifi, non-premium, the problem was at the very beginning of the video.


16032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/22/12
my brother can use it xD
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / TX
Offline
Posted 9/22/12
So far I haven't had issues to speak off.. Looks like this newest addition was just what I phone & I pad users needed. :)

It works even smoother than the website.

lot's of good improvements over the old design have been much appreciated.

thanks for finally getting to this.
35044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/22/12
I've had some resetting to the start of the video, mostly on my iPad (1st generation, up to date OS, premium member). On my iPhone it's reset on me, but by quitting and restarting I was able to get it to work.

The restarting issues are annoying and I'm glad to see you are working on them, but the bigger "issue" for me is that there still isn't the option to turn off subtitles. Any chance of that being added to any platform aside from PC (e.g., iOS, PS3, etc.) anytime soon?
6 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/22/12
Videos are not loading at all over Wi-Fi after ads are done. Using ipod IOS 5.1.1.
The Wise Wizard
73238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/23/12

cuavsfan wrote:
The restarting issues are annoying and I'm glad to see you are working on them, but the bigger "issue" for me is that there still isn't the option to turn off subtitles. Any chance of that being added to any platform aside from PC (e.g., iOS, PS3, etc.) anytime soon?

As I understand it, the videos for iOS have the subtitles hard encoded, which means the only way to turn them "off" would be to encode yet another video without them.

35044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/23/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


cuavsfan wrote:
The restarting issues are annoying and I'm glad to see you are working on them, but the bigger "issue" for me is that there still isn't the option to turn off subtitles. Any chance of that being added to any platform aside from PC (e.g., iOS, PS3, etc.) anytime soon?

As I understand it, the videos for iOS have the subtitles hard encoded, which means the only way to turn them "off" would be to encode yet another video without them.

The videos on the site (played on a computer) use soft subs so all of the videos (minus some old ones) are already encoded subtitle free. I think devices used to use the same videos, but they had some issues with soft subs getting messed up due to processing power so they switched to hard subs on devices. Since the videos are already there it seems like it wouldn't be hard to let people chose which ones to watch, but I guess they don't think enough people care about it to make it a high priority issue...
The Wise Wizard
73238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/23/12

cuavsfan wrote:
The videos on the site (played on a computer) use soft subs so all of the videos (minus some old ones) are already encoded subtitle free. I think devices used to use the same videos, but they had some issues with soft subs getting messed up due to processing power so they switched to hard subs on devices. Since the videos are already there it seems like it wouldn't be hard to let people chose which ones to watch, but I guess they don't think enough people care about it to make it a high priority issue...

The videos accessed via the website are encoded in a Flash container and could not be used natively on the device apps.

13261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / England
Offline
Posted 9/23/12
The problems I've had with CR app is that I could be watching an episode and half way through the video will start over again but the buffer bar will stay put. It's happened after the update aswell.

Also random drop in quality of video and sound then quality returns and then drops over and over again. I've only had this problem with this update.

The app is on an iPad 2 running iOS 6 now the said problems happened in 5.1 and its on WiFi ( don't have 3/4g )
32286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 9/23/12
Why isn't the guest book on the app any more?
34058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Long Beach
Offline
Posted 9/23/12
Pros:

- free anime on your phone

Cons:

- no guestbook
- loops to beginning
- poorly made
- sound quality degrades
- can't edit profile
- no HDMI support

====================

The day these 'wrinkles' are sorted out is the day I make myself a batch of brownies. Fix them fast!!! I want mah brownies!!!
18180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Indio, California
Online
Posted 9/23/12
works fine for me...BUT THE ADS....OH THE ADS!!!!!...the mobile app was the only was to avoid them T.T

iPhone 4
iOS 6
Wi-Fi
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/23/12 , edited 9/23/12
what happened to the app for ipod touch 2nd gen 3.1.2?

It installed fine and worked, then after two or three weeks, it crapped out.

Now when i go to install on the app store, it says ios 4.3 needed.

What happened? I'm so bummed. If it worked before why doesn't it work now?
nitowa 
34075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 9/25/12

Nonstop_Rollz wrote:

works fine for me...BUT THE ADS....OH THE ADS!!!!!...the mobile app was the only was to avoid them T.T

iPhone 4
iOS 6
Wi-Fi


Dude paying for premium should be the only way to get rid of ads... Cough up or stop complaining, no one wants to hear it.
18180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Indio, California
Online
Posted 9/25/12

nitowa wrote:


Nonstop_Rollz wrote:

works fine for me...BUT THE ADS....OH THE ADS!!!!!...the mobile app was the only was to avoid them T.T

iPhone 4
iOS 6
Wi-Fi


Dude paying for premium should be the only way to get rid of ads... Cough up or stop complaining, no one wants to hear it.


Actually in the older version you could skip ads and I'm not complaining I don't mind em too much, congrats on your premium status as well you must feel pretty prestige
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.