First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
why do people lie????
4852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Bay area California
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

I know there are white lies and there are just plain lies.
BUT what I don't get is WHY do you lie about useless stuff??!

for example. a guy of mine likes to act like he's the lady's man. always talking about girls this girl that.
after a while I got fed up with it and told him "hey. go bring ur gf and i'll bring mine we're go on double date" he told me "I don't got one"

I replied. "well go get some random girl's digits . dinner's on me"
Guess what? nothing.
and to this day he still brags about girls and his lame car.
and he wonders why no one talks to him.

on here on crunchyroll there's the a choice of whats your zodiac sign. I see alot of people put dragon for Chinese and their age (real age is 16) I don't think so. So why do people lie about useless facts? i'm just curious , want to expand my knowledge I suppose
70428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
'Cause the truth is boring. People are much more interested in me when I tell them I'm a Mexican bounty hunter.
23028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Here and now, Ete...
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
Some people just aren't satisfied with their life that they try to convince other people that its better than it truly is. As for the zodiac thing - It could be people who just don't know, don't feel like learning, pointlessly picking their Favorited.

White lies are told to prevent hurting people's feelings too much. This is quite common - Especially when an elder (parent or something) is speaking to a child regarding death.
Then their are times where one just makes a mistake, and doesn't correct them self, leading to a false impression.
Some people are just passive-avoidant, and use lies to try and hide, or cover them selves. (The dog ate my homework?)

Their are plenty of reasons to lie. I don't really like to do it my self - And would prefer others to be honest, but sometimes its not so easy.
Posted 9/15/12
Its faster to lie <3
50246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

Phoenixian wrote:

Some people just aren't satisfied with their life that they try to convince other people that its better than it truly is. As for the zodiac thing - It could be people who just don't know, don't feel like learning, pointlessly picking their Favorited.

White lies are told to prevent hurting people's feelings too much. This is quite common - Especially when an elder (parent or something) is speaking to a child regarding death.
Then their are times where one just makes a mistake, and doesn't correct them self, leading to a false impression.
Some people are just passive-avoidant, and use lies to try and hide, or cover them selves. (The dog ate my homework?)

Their are plenty of reasons to lie. I don't really like to do it my self - And would prefer others to be honest, but sometimes its not so easy.


Agreed.
71677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
I'll go with House on this one - everyone lies it's in their nature.
Posted 9/15/12
What do you mean I'm not dragon, you bloody liar.
Queen of Support
starry 
44559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/12

Valzoa wrote:
for example. a guy of mine likes to act like he's the lady's man. always talking about girls this girl that.
after a while I got fed up with it and told him "hey. go bring ur gf and i'll bring mine we're go on double date" he told me "I don't got one"

^ it's pretty obvious that he's trying to impress you.

Valzoa wrote:
on here on crunchyroll there's the a choice of whats your zodiac sign. I see alot of people put dragon for Chinese and their age (real age is 16) I don't think so. So why do people lie about useless facts? i'm just curious , want to expand my knowledge I suppose

^ The Chinese believe that babies born in the dragon year are smarter than the rest. That gives them a reason to lie.

If you actually think about it, it's fairly easy to see the motives behind their lies.



18024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
Sometimes lying is needed to prevent something that you don't want.
Some people say lying is bad...
I say, lying is either good or bad, it could also be both - depending on the reason for the lie.
That some people lie about theire personal information might just be because they don't want to give theire personal information out to everyone. Personally, I do not care.
But yeah, lying is in the nature of mankind. We all lie in one way or the other. (Don't come telling me that you've never told a single lie)
4852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Bay area California
Offline
Posted 9/15/12 , edited 9/15/12

starry wrote:


Valzoa wrote:
for example. a guy of mine likes to act like he's the lady's man. always talking about girls this girl that.
after a while I got fed up with it and told him "hey. go bring ur gf and i'll bring mine we're go on double date" he told me "I don't got one"

^ it's pretty obvious that he's trying to impress you.

Valzoa wrote:
on here on crunchyroll there's the a choice of whats your zodiac sign. I see alot of people put dragon for Chinese and their age (real age is 16) I don't think so. So why do people lie about useless facts? i'm just curious , want to expand my knowledge I suppose

^ The Chinese believe that babies born in the dragon year are smarter than the rest. That gives them a reason to lie.

If you actually think about it, it's fairly easy to see the motives behind their lies.





But I'm just stateing that it's so useless. There's kinda no point in lying about litlte stuff yaknoo?
26382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / US
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
Some people can't help but lie. It's human nature. Now, the conscious is what make people wish they didn't lie. I don't lie cause it saves the "beating of the bush" and the "blowing things out of proportion" part. Too much work for me to lie. Rather tell the truth and stay in the light. Can actually see where you're going on that side of the tracks.
4825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
USA
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
It's easier to lie sometimes.
70893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / USA
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
Fact: People lie to protect themselves from stuff they want to avoid. anything they want to avoid.

it's a human defense mechanism developed ever since we learned to communicate.
34893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In a trash can wa...
Offline
Posted 9/15/12
Lying is often perceived as being a way out of a hard job, a way to avoid something you do not want to do or something that you do not want to have happen. Lies, even little white lies, only make things worse in the long run.
This is because most white lies are about having the ability to do something or having done something already.

It is a very bad idea to use lying as a way to get out of stuff, most everything in life takes hard work to get and lying will not get you as far as most think it will.

I try never to lie, i have found that it is not an easy or good thing to do as it often only makes things either more complicated or gets people mad at me.

All in all i think that people SHOULD not lie to each other but it is, as others have said a human defense mechanism. The only thing people can do to curb that mechanism is to train themselves to be honest, brutally honest, even in the worst of times. Because most of the time, being honest will get you further ahead then lying.

What everyone needs to understand is, people need to hear the truth even if they tell you flat out they don't want it.
People who cannot handle the truth are pushed aside and trampled on by those who can, we can only hope this changes as we grow inter a smarter, more well organized society but until then it will continue and the only thing we can do is be honest to each other and move on.

Always strive for a brighter future, no matter what.
Posted 9/15/12
I've never told a lie in my life.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.