First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Tari Tari Season 2?
5033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/16/12
Does anyone know if theirs going to be a season 2? And also was this based on a light novel or manga? or neither?
If their isnt im going to miss this show alot
49062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/16/12 , edited 9/16/12
This wonderful show is based on an original script I think. There is a manga adaptation of the show that started in May but no original source material that I know of. DVD sales were lower than expected but you never know. Does it need another season? They will be finished high school, going their separate ways. Perhaps a holiday OVA when they get back together and compare notes, maybe a romance, not sure about another season but I would be very happy if it came about somehow.

Will the manga continue, has it already? Perhaps. I will buy it and see...
5033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/16/12
Hopefully the last episode isn't bad but i really do hope for a second season. Maybe they can still perform together even after the graduate and a bit of romance? maybe? Im going to be really sad when this anime ends
35525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/12
Tari Tari is an original anime. I would love to see more of Konatsu, Wakana and Sawa after it's all done but I think a sequel to this is probably as likely as a sequel to True Tears. I guess if it does sell well, we could always see more.
75214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/16/12
I like tari tari it was a nice anime.
47717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 9/16/12

hpulley wrote:

This wonderful show is based on an original script I think. There is a manga adaptation of the show that started in May but no original source material that I know of. DVD sales were lower than expected but you never know. Does it need another season? They will be finished high school, going their separate ways. Perhaps a holiday OVA when they get back together and compare notes, maybe a romance, not sure about another season but I would be very happy if it came about somehow.

Will the manga continue, has it already? Perhaps. I will buy it and see...

Even though the BluRay sold less than one site projected, it was still the top seller for the week it was released and will probably break 10K in sales for Vol. 1 in a couple of weeks. It is selling about the same a Hyouka, one of the more successful shows of the past two seasons. (BTW, I don't know if they even released a DVD version. The only thing that showed up on the charts was the BluRay...)

It is an anime original, just like Hanasaku Iroha. The manga is an adaptation of the TV script.

As for a 2nd season, I would love to see the characters move on to college together, with Sawa choosing to apply to the school her new boyfriend has an athletic scholarship at, Konatsu tagging along and being her roommate, then Wakana showing up as a music student at the same school and Wien surprising everyone when he shows up too. But I don't know that they will go there. It would be a totally different story... (One that I would love to see, but different...)

49062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/16/12

Zensunni wrote:


hpulley wrote:

This wonderful show is based on an original script I think. There is a manga adaptation of the show that started in May but no original source material that I know of. DVD sales were lower than expected but you never know. Does it need another season? They will be finished high school, going their separate ways. Perhaps a holiday OVA when they get back together and compare notes, maybe a romance, not sure about another season but I would be very happy if it came about somehow.

Will the manga continue, has it already? Perhaps. I will buy it and see...

Even though the BluRay sold less than one site projected, it was still the top seller for the week it was released and will probably break 10K in sales for Vol. 1 in a couple of weeks. It is selling about the same a Hyouka, one of the more successful shows of the past two seasons. (BTW, I don't know if they even released a DVD version. The only thing that showed up on the charts was the BluRay...)

It is an anime original, just like Hanasaku Iroha. The manga is an adaptation of the TV script.

As for a 2nd season, I would love to see the characters move on to college together, with Sawa choosing to apply to the school her new boyfriend has an athletic scholarship at, Konatsu tagging along and being her roommate, then Wakana showing up as a music student at the same school and Wien surprising everyone when he shows up too. But I don't know that they will go there. It would be a totally different story... (One that I would love to see, but different...)



Yes, DVD too for ¥4000 each (two episodes 46 minutes) or ¥5200 (¥7100 regular price) for BD. Expensive... I want to support them but... Ouch!
20050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/12
I'd love to see a second season this is a really enjoyable anime. Perhaps a bit of romance involved as well. Don't know if it'll happen or not though.
47717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 9/17/12 , edited 9/17/12

hpulley wrote:
Yes, DVD too for ¥4000 each (two episodes 46 minutes) or ¥5200 (¥7100 regular price) for BD. Expensive... I want to support them but... Ouch!


However, I see why the DVD doesn't show up on the charts, while the BD is at the top of the weekly list! Why buy a DVD of a visually stunning series when you can get the BD for only ¥1200 more! These prices seem high to us, but they are standard for Japanese releases.

I do expect to see the combined DVD/BD sales topping 10,000. That would put Tari Tari above Hyouka in terms of first volume sales, and to the point that, if reasonable for the production staff, more anime would be a good bet financially.. Of course, the production committee may have no intention of continuing the story because they don't want to degrade the artistic merit of the show as a work of art by slapping together a sequel just to make money...

Wait... What am I saying? Of course they won't care about the artistic merit if they can make an extra buck! LOL!


Darkwap wrote:

I'd love to see a second season this is a really enjoyable anime. Perhaps a bit of romance involved as well. Don't know if it'll happen or not though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of romance next week! Taichi is right on the cusp of confessing, you can tell! I just hope Sawa beats him to the punch! That would be "in character" for both of them! She is one heck of an aggressive girl.

59702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 9/17/12
Even if this sold reasonably well, I really don't expect to see a second season. It just doesn't make sense given the context of the show.

And I agree, Taichi and Sawa definitely need to get together.
22658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/17/12
I'm not sure where the story would go after the current season, however I would still like to see a second series since I have enjoyed this anime so much.
55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 9/17/12

I want to rape Wein.
But no, I don't think there should be a second season.


36460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 9/18/12
let`s wait for next year, if Tari Tari will have second season, i will get excited.
45953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 9/18/12
it'd be nice if there was a second season, but where will they go from the end of the first season? follow them to college? lol I think it'll end with it being only 13 eps, maybe an OVA down the line
though I need a resolution between that possible Sawa x Taichi
61317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/19/12
I don't think it'll have a second season, just a gut feeling on the ending I forsee. At most they could do an OVA or even a movie though. After all, Hanasaku Iroha is going to have movie this winter (based on the anime chart in the other forum)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.