First  Prev  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  Next  Last
Winter 2013 anime
25219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
Thank you so much "The Ancient One" for taking the time to announce this season animes! keep up the good work.
The Wise Wizard
79721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
Updates to initial message:

Marked Funimation simulcasts of Senran Kagura and Puchim@s - Petit iDOLM@STER as premiered, updated links for both to point to video page for each series, and noted number of episodes posted at simulcast premiere of Puchim@s.


I was hoping that when Funimation stated last Friday that they would have more simulcast announcements this week they meant "Monday", but such was not the case. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT airs on Thursdays, so we could be looking at Wednesday for the next announcement. (While in theory they could start it at any time as it is late, as I recall they tend to start series on the day they will normally simulcast).
36589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Online
Posted 1/15/13
Another day, another Sentai license annoucement:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-15/sentai-filmworks-adds-hakkenden/eight-dogs-of-the-east-tv-anime

Again, not a really surprising annoucement.
69872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

pistolsaf wrote:

Another day, another Sentai license annoucement:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-15/sentai-filmworks-adds-hakkenden/eight-dogs-of-the-east-tv-anime

Again, not a really surprising annoucement.

Has the AKB0048 pickup been recorded?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-16/sentai-filmworks-adds-akb0048-tv-anime

{Yes, Sentai, if it was otherwise, that would have been news.}
36589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Online
Posted 1/16/13

agila61 wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:

Another day, another Sentai license annoucement:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-15/sentai-filmworks-adds-hakkenden/eight-dogs-of-the-east-tv-anime

Again, not a really surprising annoucement.

Has the AKB0048 pickup been recorded?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-16/sentai-filmworks-adds-akb0048-tv-anime

{Yes, Sentai, if it was otherwise, that would have been news.}


I was about to mention that. Since AKB0048 is a Starlight/King Records series, yeah it looked like Sentai had it. Good to have confirmation that it got both seasons(the timing seems like a split-cour). I imagine that Crunchyroll will announce the first season as a catalog title(it being the TBD box in the catalog titles page wouldn't surprise me at all).
69872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

pistolsaf wrote: ... Good to have confirmation that it got both seasons(the timing seems like a split-cour). I imagine that Crunchyroll will announce the first season as a catalog title(it being the TBD box in the catalog titles page wouldn't surprise me at all).

Tthe only difference on the production side is whether it needed one greenlight or two, and once the sequel was greenlit, the only difference to us on the audience side whether it required one license or two.

And, yes, I could easily see that first broadcast season given better than 50:50 odds of being the remaining catalog title box.
Dronak 
28699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/13
FWIW, it looks like Hulu has episodes of Senran Kagura and Puchim@s. Hopefully they'll keep up with Funimation's simulcasts for them. Does anyone know of other new series on Hulu? They don't seem to get a lot, but I would like to know what they'll have since they're my main supplement to Crunchyroll for streaming anime. Thanks.
18776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/16/13 , edited 1/16/13

Dronak wrote:

FWIW, it looks like Hulu has episodes of Senran Kagura and Puchim@s. Hopefully they'll keep up with Funimation's simulcasts for them. Does anyone know of other new series on Hulu? They don't seem to get a lot, but I would like to know what they'll have since they're my main supplement to Crunchyroll for streaming anime. Thanks.

Well you can look at the recently added section of http://www.hulu.com/tv/genres/anime, to see what anime has been newly added to Hulu. Most of which are shows that are also available on Crunchyroll, Funimation, or the 1-2 free episodes of The Anime Network titles. But there are also a few shows that aren't available on CR, Funi, or TAN, such as Arakawa Under the Bridge. (as a note, Senran Kagura and Puchim@s appear to have been mislabeled as "Animation and Cartoons" instead of "Anime" so they don't appear in that section)

If by 'new', you mean shows that are simulcasting this season, then there aren't any simulcasts on Hulu that aren't already available on CR or Funi. They also stream Magi, Vivired, and Rock-Lee, but the videos come out earlier and you get better video quality on CR. There is usually around one show per season that is simulcasting only on Hulu, which is because it was licensed by Viz. But this winter Viz didn't license any of the new shows for simulcasts. In the first post for this forum topic, TheAncientOne summarizes where all of the season's simulcasts can be watched.
Dronak 
28699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/13
Thanks for the info. I did take a look at the first post, but didn't see a Hulu section (unless it's been added since I looked a few days or so ago). That's kind of why I asked; Hulu usually seems to have a few news shows each season, even if they are the same as what other sites are showing. The nice thing about Hulu is that it can have shows from multiple sites, so I don't have to go to all of those separate sites to see them. (The fewer sites I have to track for shows, the better.) I follow @hulu_anime on Twitter to get notifications of what they add, which is where I read about Senran Kagura and Puchim@s. This is usually a good source of info, but I was wondering if I missed anything else.
The Wise Wizard
79721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

Dronak wrote:

Thanks for the info. I did take a look at the first post, but didn't see a Hulu section (unless it's been added since I looked a few days or so ago). That's kind of why I asked; Hulu usually seems to have a few news shows each season, even if they are the same as what other sites are showing. The nice thing about Hulu is that it can have shows from multiple sites, so I don't have to go to all of those separate sites to see them. (The fewer sites I have to track for shows, the better.) I follow @hulu_anime on Twitter to get notifications of what they add, which is where I read about Senran Kagura and Puchim@s. This is usually a good source of info, but I was wondering if I missed anything else.

I haven't seen a need to provide a separate Hulu section, as Hulu is not itself a simulcaster.

I do include links to it for Viz simulcasts, since even on their own site the videos are Hulu embeds. Also, in the rare event TAN has a fully free simulcast (not just the first episode or two), I will also list the Hulu link. I have sometimes included Hulu links for Funimation simulcasts, but they can be somewhat hit or miss, and are often delayed. As an example, while Hulu has the same two Senran Kagura episodes as Funimation.com, they current only have 6 of the 12 Puchim@s episodes Funimation.com has.

I probably should note the Hulu link for Vividred Operation in the CR section, as it does allow free viewers to select 480p vs. 360p for CR's free video (and anyone that had a Hulu Plus sub but lacked a CR sub could view on devices and in 720p). I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is also available on Crackle.

12099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ontario Canada
Offline
Posted 1/16/13
Eh, not crazy for the winter line up, Series especially, theirs not alot that really stands out, now the Fall line up on the other hand, looks much more promising, but that's just me.
18776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/17/13 , edited 1/17/13
Well no surprise about HAGANAI NEXT, but I'm a little disappointed that the simulcast time is Tuesdays at 11:00am EST. The first season aired on the same time slot on TBS, but was simulcast on Fridays (though it did start 20 days late, compared to this season's 12 days late). Maybe it has something to do with the broadcast times for other stations being different this season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-17/funimation-to-stream-haganai-next-sequel-anime

EDIT: Though taking a closer look at Fall 2011, it appears that Funi never caught up to the actual broadcast with their delayed "simulcast" (I vaguely remember that). So I guess I shouldn't be disappointed about the day of the week, but rather be hopeful that they'll actual catch up in time to make it a 'within-a-week' simulcast.
The Wise Wizard
79721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/17/13 , edited 1/17/13

hatguy12 wrote:

Well no surprise about HAGANAI NEXT, but I'm a little disappointed that the simulcast time is Tuesdays at 11:00am EST. The first season aired on the same time slot on TBS, but was simulcast on Fridays (though it did start 20 days late, compared to this season's 12 days late). Maybe it has something to do with the broadcast times for other stations being different this season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-17/funimation-to-stream-haganai-next-sequel-anime

The broadcast schedule for the show it a bit strange, as the 3 other stations that broadcast it are 2 episodes behind TBS:
http://fansubdb.com/wiki/Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai_NEXT

Two are early AM on Friday, one early AM on Sunday.


EDIT: Though taking a closer look at Fall 2011, it appears that Funi never caught up to the actual broadcast with their delayed "simulcast" (I vaguely remember that). So I guess I shouldn't be disappointed about the day of the week, but rather be hopeful that they'll actual catch up in time to make it a 'within-a-week' simulcast.

They will be posting 2 episodes this coming Tuesday, which would put episode 3 debuting on Tuesday, January 29, while that same episode will premiere on TBS in Japan early AM on Friday, January 25.

Effectively, they will be current as soon as they begin the simulcast, since they will be on a 4 day delay for the duration.

It could be worse, as TBS could have required Funimation to wait until it had aired on all stations.




Updates to initial message:

Added information on announced Funimation simulcast of Haganai NEXT (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT).
Added comment on availability of Puchim@s - Petit iDOLM@STER, Senran Kagura, and Vividred Operation via Hulu.

20084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / London
Offline
Posted 1/17/13
I made a video on my thoughts for this season. Check it out if you want! :)

If any of you guys actually liked my video please subscribe I would really appreciate it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3L6VgAJtsg
44600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Northampton, Mass...
Offline
Posted 1/17/13
In their Haganai NEXT announcement, it also said that there would be a "few" more simulcast announcements. Presumably that includes Hetalia, but there are very few shows left. GJ-bu is the only full length, non-sequel, non-kids show I see left, is there anything else left?
First  Prev  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.