First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Last Chance for Love?
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
i thought kids today are all about YOLO and the SWAG and that shyness are all old school XD
31362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Floating by.....s...
Online
Posted 9/27/12
TO THE OP:

You will regret. Do it. Talk to him and see how it goes if you feeling a vibe from it kick up the emotion notch and make it a little more apparent. You yourself said you dont want to leave HS not knowing if there could have been something. The worse is what you make it to be.
43531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / i live on the moon.
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
well, I'd say you're doing it wrong. If he talks to you via IM, is shy, and has been doing this for four years, he probably likes you. But this is besides the point.
Firstly have you considered whether or not you are approachable by this guy?
because depending upon that is how embarrassed he will feel. If you know the saying "an obvious troll is obvious", that is what he is kind of feeling when it comes to talking to you. He feels like he is wearing his feelings on his sleeve, and he doesn't want to go over the top with it. Remember, people project what they feel onto another person, so if for example a guy likes a girl, he would suspect that she would be able to perceive that, and that he would convince himself that she already knows his feelings.
So lesson one is set a casual tone of acceptance.

And as for what you should do, try to hang out with him directly after school. don't make plans, don't do any of that. Just occupy his time after school, and make a natural transition into a casual time hanging out. Which should set a good precedence for the future.
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

TheJESTA wrote:

well, I'd say you're doing it wrong. If he talks to you via IM, is shy, and has been doing this for four years, he probably likes you. But this is besides the point.
Firstly have you considered whether or not you are approachable by this guy?
because depending upon that is how embarrassed he will feel. If you know the saying "an obvious troll is obvious", that is what he is kind of feeling when it comes to talking to you. He feels like he is wearing his feelings on his sleeve, and he doesn't want to go over the top with it. Remember, people project what they feel onto another person, so if for example a guy likes a girl, he would suspect that she would be able to perceive that, and that he would convince himself that she already knows his feelings.
So lesson one is set a casual tone of acceptance.

And as for what you should do, try to hang out with him directly after school. don't make plans, don't do any of that. Just occupy his time after school, and make a natural transition into a casual time hanging out. Which should set a good precedence for the future.


Smart. Definitely a way to go
10077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12
I was in a similar situation a few years back. There was this girl at the food court at the local mall I hung out at and there was a few times we'd chat it up and flirt here and there. I was a totally shy dude and didn't know HOW to approach this really cute girl and simply ask for her number...I was stuck.

So one day at the mall I finish chatting it up with her (she gave me some free egg rolls lol) I head back to my table and I'm eating my food while contemplating my next move. My friend across from me sees my dilemma and tells me to simply 'ask her'. Wiser words have never been spoken, let me tell you.

I go to her and simply ask her, 'hey what's up, I was wondering if I could get your number?' Thirty seconds later I went back to my table without a number (haha) and I never saw her again after that week. Moral of the story? Just go for it, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work out but the regret and doubt won't eat away at you. Hopefully this story helps (or helped) some!
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

9ttrillion wrote:

I was in a similar situation a few years back. There was this girl at the food court at the local mall I hung out at and there was a few times we'd chat it up and flirt here and there. I was a totally shy dude and didn't know HOW to approach this really cute girl and simply ask for her number...I was stuck.

So one day at the mall I finish chatting it up with her (she gave me some free egg rolls lol) I head back to my table and I'm eating my food while contemplating my next move. My friend across from me sees my dilemma and tells me to simply 'ask her'. Wiser words have never been spoken, let me tell you.

I go to her and simply ask her, 'hey what's up, I was wondering if I could get your number?' Thirty seconds later I went back to my table without a number (haha) and I never saw her again after that week. Moral of the story? Just go for it, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work out but the regret and doubt won't eat away at you. Hopefully this story helps (or helped) some!


Damn straight. Always wondering "What If" kills.
10077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

deejayvee wrote:


9ttrillion wrote:

I was in a similar situation a few years back. There was this girl at the food court at the local mall I hung out at and there was a few times we'd chat it up and flirt here and there. I was a totally shy dude and didn't know HOW to approach this really cute girl and simply ask for her number...I was stuck.

So one day at the mall I finish chatting it up with her (she gave me some free egg rolls lol) I head back to my table and I'm eating my food while contemplating my next move. My friend across from me sees my dilemma and tells me to simply 'ask her'. Wiser words have never been spoken, let me tell you.

I go to her and simply ask her, 'hey what's up, I was wondering if I could get your number?' Thirty seconds later I went back to my table without a number (haha) and I never saw her again after that week. Moral of the story? Just go for it, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work out but the regret and doubt won't eat away at you. Hopefully this story helps (or helped) some!


Damn straight. Always wondering "What If" kills.


'What if's' is the worst question to ask yourself. It generally brings nothing but pain, doubt, unease and a really empty feeling in the pit of your stomach.

9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

9ttrillion wrote:


deejayvee wrote:


9ttrillion wrote:

I was in a similar situation a few years back. There was this girl at the food court at the local mall I hung out at and there was a few times we'd chat it up and flirt here and there. I was a totally shy dude and didn't know HOW to approach this really cute girl and simply ask for her number...I was stuck.

So one day at the mall I finish chatting it up with her (she gave me some free egg rolls lol) I head back to my table and I'm eating my food while contemplating my next move. My friend across from me sees my dilemma and tells me to simply 'ask her'. Wiser words have never been spoken, let me tell you.

I go to her and simply ask her, 'hey what's up, I was wondering if I could get your number?' Thirty seconds later I went back to my table without a number (haha) and I never saw her again after that week. Moral of the story? Just go for it, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work out but the regret and doubt won't eat away at you. Hopefully this story helps (or helped) some!


Damn straight. Always wondering "What If" kills.


'What if's' is the worst question to ask yourself. It generally brings nothing but pain, doubt, unease and a really empty feeling in the pit of your stomach.



I agree with you completely. I would much rather be rejected then wonder if it could have been a yes.
4850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Bay area California
Offline
Posted 9/27/12

Catz1297 wrote:

1) It's the last year of highschool. Everyone's going to be parting ways in a few monthes. You'll probably only see max 5 of them again.. And there's this cute person you've liked for years, you could even say you "love". Everyone is sick of your mood swings because this person only talks to you via IM...

and this year, that person just so happens to sit IN YO FACE in a class... You feel like you can't live without this person in your life, but it seems like this person is just genuinely nice, and does not have any special feelings towards you... as about 40 people know you are head over heels...

Maybe that person just doesn't want to call you out and embarrass you, as (s)he probably knows... (but then again those 40 people could happen to be legit secret keepers,lol) But you still can't forget all the nice things that person has experienced with you...

This is your last chance.

What would you do?








**Was just wondering since probably 99% of single high school seniors are thinking about this... well, probably just girls. Well.. Maybe just me... fml.
And ahaa don't answer with that "focus on your studies" "You only live life after highschool, there will be more opportunities and choices" and "friendships are more important" crap~
I don't want to leave without knowing me and him could have been together at some point, as he's a shy guy, but I also don't want to take a chance and hurt my pride.



*****lol, I didn't want this post to be so specific, my bad, but once I start ranting, I can't really stop... I just want legit opinions, and on the way share your experiences, as I know a ton of you guys are experienced Maybe I'll learn a thing or two... I've just gotten too much of the same advice from friends... 1) confess and 2) forget about it

but just saying... I haven't directly told him in my 4 years of liking him... so... I doubt I'll confess...




Lock if duplicate. teehee. Arugh... I'm embarrassed.




I don't want to leave without knowing me and him could have been together at some point,
you already told the reader what the answer you want is.
so just ask him out
if he says no then o well you answer your question
if he says yes just make sure he aint using you
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 10/1/12
Fortune favors the bold.
2462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / H-town
Offline
Posted 10/1/12
for a guy to ask a girl out it takes the courage to do it so you should do the same^ either way whichever response you get could be bad or good, so all you have to do is do it! I left high school with no regrets except i still do talk to my two best friends and I had no gf because previously 2 years ago she used me, i was a fool but then again i enjoyed it, in the end I never spoke to her again. Prom was cool, i didn't really care if i had no date. I still enjoyed prom^

just live your life and don't follow what other's say anyways you won't be seeing them again
Posted 10/2/12 , edited 10/2/12
I'll go for it.

I know it is not easy. I may have 99 percent or CRASH AND BURN and HUMILIATED but at least i will face my fear of not been rejected but of not asking the question in the future of WHAT IF...i just did it. Life is so short and time is precious to be a coward. Let go and be your self means do something about it rather than just sit there and rationalize everything that's gonna happen when in fact it didn't.

That is just me, i am just saying
66621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/12
love... i know the emotion for family and friends but hell I'll be honest on an anime forum. In the twenty six years that I've been alive I've never been in love with anyone. Hormonal lust "being attracted to big breasts, butts etc is not love, just nature's way of saying HAVE SEX". To be honest I don't even know that feeling of being love with anyone that's not a friend or family member... aye sorry for the derailment just wanted to get that off my chest.
Posted 10/2/12
I'd say go for it. It's better to know than not know while you're still living.
21960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 3D world
Offline
Posted 10/2/12
Just go for it, i dont speak for all guys in the world but i think any guy would be happy to get a confession. Why would confessing hurt your pride? For telling someone you genuinely like them? Your thinking way too into this. Besides if it doesnt work out college is a great place.
41576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/3/12

thoth39 wrote:

Learn from the Bene Gesserit:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.


Oh my god..DUNE...i have that on DVD

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.