First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Presidential Election 2012
19335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / MN
Offline
Posted 10/8/12
Gary Johnson.

All you fellow Ron Paul followers should check him out.

Seriously if you live in a non battleground state why wouldn't you vote for a 3rd party? Irregardless of how you vote your state will support the candidate who is polling ahead in your state. If the 3rd parties get enough votes in 4 years they may actually have a chance.

Also I don't really like Obama or Romney so that helps with the decision.
38252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 10/9/12 , edited 10/9/12

karmacide wrote:


Zeta-Nu wrote:

i vote Ron Paul but please don`t vote Barack Obama because he is part of Illuminati and he is the next Adolf Hitler.


They are ALL part of the Illuminati.



Yes he is.

watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sCyn_JViH4&bpctr=1349776549

and Obama is betraying America!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStd2YbFm3E&feature=channel&list=UL
39123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/12 , edited 10/9/12
Ok for all u repub-dosh-bags out there this is a domocratic country so if u want some rich guy in office that is willing to make the rich richer and the poor poorer/ extincted then go live in Great Britain for i choose the poor person that is for the poor getting somewhere in life and the rich paying out their asses on taxes that means im for Obama!
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 10/9/12

RamboBashir wrote:

Ok for all u repub-dosh-bags out there this is a domocratic country so if u want some rich guy in office that is willing to make the rich richer and the poor poorer/ extincted then go live in Great Britain for i choose the poor person that is for the poor getting somewhere in life and the rich paying out their asses on taxes that means im for Obama!


Where do I start with this dude?

There's a reason why our Pledge of Allegiance has the word "republic" in there, and there's a reason why our Declaration of Independence and Constitution does not contain the word "democracy." America is a constitutional republic, not a democratic country.

Both a democracy and republic ultimately derives its power from the citizens ("the people"). However in a republic, citizens elect a representative official to be their political voice and protect their interests. Whereas a democracy is essentially "mob rules" in that the majority will always have the right of way, in a republic the "ruling power" is limited through a Constitution and the rights of the minority and individual are taken into account.

It's a common, and frustrating, prevailing belief among Americans that America is a democracy. No, it's a constitutional republic that elects its officials through democratic processes (voting, etc.).

Also, how many presidents have we had in office who wasn't a rich or privileged "guy?" There's a few who came from poverty, such as Lincoln, but the overwhelming majority were the elite from very rich and powerful families. Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Reagan, Bush, etc.

You seriously don't think Obama is a "rich guy?" Have you taken a look at his net worth both before and during his presidency?

516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 10/9/12 , edited 10/9/12
Great website. Really clears a lot of confusion as to who do you ACTUALLY agree with: http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz
I personally cannot vote, getting citizenship is too expensive for me right now. However I've always sympathized with Ron Paul.
For those who watch SP, this election is about choosing between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich I've seen the ads on youtube, and I've watched the first debate. The content was really frustrating. All both parties do is attack the other. During the debate they said nothing substantial as to what they're going to do for the nation. All Obama was talking about was Romney's flaws, and vice versa. I watched the debate with my friends, who's opinions vary between hardcore Obama supporters to extreme "pro-Romneyists", and they all shared my feelings. A great summary of the debate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcMWnNcOxg4
Posted 10/9/12

aurilcia wrote:

Great website. Really clears a lot of confusion as to who do you ACTUALLY agree with: http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz
I personally cannot vote, getting citizenship is too expensive for me right now. However I've always sympathized with Ron Paul.
For those who watch SP, this election is about choosing between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich I've seen the ads on youtube, and I've watched the first debate. The content was really frustrating. All both parties do is attack the other. During the debate they said nothing substantial as to what they're going to do for the nation. All Obama was talking about was Romney's flaws, and vice versa. I watched the debate with my friends, who's opinions vary between hardcore Obama supporters to extreme "pro-Romneyists", and they all shared my feelings. A great summary of the debate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcMWnNcOxg4


Haha, that was pretty accurate.

This vid summed it up too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ti2S7Py25w
61822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Hell Paso
Offline
Posted 10/9/12

Tarya wrote:

Wow, so a handful of you all posting are going to vote for an independent that has no chance of winning - you evidently don't like Obama, but you aren't willing to vote for the one candidate that can get him out of office? So in essence, you are voting for Obama.

I will vote for Romney.
I strongly agree with trying to make our country more energy independent and not importing oil from other countries - we need to use and drill our own oil for this country. I agree with supporting small and large businesses alike - we need more jobs, and raising taxes on anyone is not going to help this.
We need to get rid of Obamacare - the only people who would be getting free healthcare are those our tax dollars are already supporting with food stamps, wic checks, and unemployment. The middle class that can not currently afford healthcare and are going to be made to get it are the ones that will suffer - there are over 6 million middle class families right now without healthcare that will not qualify for free healthcare under Obamacare; they will have to pay a $2000 uninsured tax by 2014 if they do not go out and buy healthcare. If they can't afford the healthcare to begin with, how is this helping?
Making money, or having money is NOT a crime. I don't know why people seem opposed to Romney just because he was a good businessman and made his money. That is what all Americans dream of, and we are one of the only countries where you can pursue that dream.
We need to overhaul Medicare. I don't know why people are afraid of this subject. We have to do it - the longer we wait, the worse it will be (sort of like pulling a band-aid off slowly). The country can't handle the increasing fiscal burden - people are living longer which is fantastic, but also leads to more people on medicare as they retire. I don't know if vouchers are the answer to this problem, but I would at least vote for someone who wants to try and tackle it head-on than to sweep the problem under the rug and let someone else deal with it.

Okay getting off of my soapbox.




making money and having money was never an issue, but i guess you missed the part were he avoids paying taxes and has most of his money on offshore safe havens... and i guess at the presidential debate you thought mitt won right? at the debate he changed all of his positions and he lied through his ass on pretty much everything else, not to mention he even brought a cheat note with him... talk about confidence inspiring...



i'm voting for obama why because he is the only real candidate.

he is the one that made our nation recover from all the crap bush got us into. remember that when clinton left office we had no wars, we had the strongest economy in the world and 0 national debt. after bush got in... well guess what everything went down the drain.
Posted 10/9/12
according to that quiz i'm voting for Gary Johnson. I have no idea who that is, but i'm voting for him.
Queen Moderator
32823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
My choice is clear

KENDO IKARI FOR PRESIDENT

516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
He's the candidate from the libertarian party. I got him too on that quiz.
61822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Hell Paso
Offline
Posted 10/9/12 , edited 10/9/12






Tarya 
47511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / Glen Allen, Virgi...
Offline
Posted 10/9/12

jer5500 wrote:


Tarya wrote:

Wow, so a handful of you all posting are going to vote for an independent that has no chance of winning - you evidently don't like Obama, but you aren't willing to vote for the one candidate that can get him out of office? So in essence, you are voting for Obama.

I will vote for Romney.
I strongly agree with trying to make our country more energy independent and not importing oil from other countries - we need to use and drill our own oil for this country. I agree with supporting small and large businesses alike - we need more jobs, and raising taxes on anyone is not going to help this.
We need to get rid of Obamacare - the only people who would be getting free healthcare are those our tax dollars are already supporting with food stamps, wic checks, and unemployment. The middle class that can not currently afford healthcare and are going to be made to get it are the ones that will suffer - there are over 6 million middle class families right now without healthcare that will not qualify for free healthcare under Obamacare; they will have to pay a $2000 uninsured tax by 2014 if they do not go out and buy healthcare. If they can't afford the healthcare to begin with, how is this helping?
Making money, or having money is NOT a crime. I don't know why people seem opposed to Romney just because he was a good businessman and made his money. That is what all Americans dream of, and we are one of the only countries where you can pursue that dream.
We need to overhaul Medicare. I don't know why people are afraid of this subject. We have to do it - the longer we wait, the worse it will be (sort of like pulling a band-aid off slowly). The country can't handle the increasing fiscal burden - people are living longer which is fantastic, but also leads to more people on medicare as they retire. I don't know if vouchers are the answer to this problem, but I would at least vote for someone who wants to try and tackle it head-on than to sweep the problem under the rug and let someone else deal with it.

Okay getting off of my soapbox.




making money and having money was never an issue, but i guess you missed the part were he avoids paying taxes and has most of his money on offshore safe havens... and i guess at the presidential debate you thought mitt won right? at the debate he changed all of his positions and he lied through his ass on pretty much everything else, not to mention he even brought a cheat note with him... talk about confidence inspiring...



i'm voting for obama why because he is the only real candidate.

he is the one that made our nation recover from all the crap bush got us into. remember that when clinton left office we had no wars, we had the strongest economy in the world and 0 national debt. after bush got in... well guess what everything went down the drain.


Ahhh, hmmm....let's see, starting with avoiding paying taxes? Mitt Romney released 2 years of his taxes, which is the same as every presidential candidate before him has done (including Obama). Only once the presidents have been elected were more years of their tax returns made available; not to mention, that the whole "releasing your tax returns for public scrutiny" is a fairly new phenomena and started with the last 7 presidents. List of presidents that have done this are: President Obama, President Bush, President Clinton, President Bush Sr, President Reagan, President Carter and President Nixon.
As far as Romney not paying his taxes - he paid 14%. The reason, he was paying taxes on dividends - which is basically paying taxes on your own money's interest. That is perfectly legal. And having accounts overseas? Any of us can have accounts overseas if we wanted to...
I mean, it is his money so why does he have to put it in an American Bank?

And yes, I thought Romney did much better than Obama did in the debate. I saw no evidence of him changing his positions - in fact he was trying to elaborate on some of his positions. Not that 2 minutes per question gives much time to do so. His numbers and facts were much more accurate than Obama's during the debate...there was an article written in the Associated Press titled: FACT CHECK: Presidential debate missteps. This article goes over the statistics that were given by each candidate and where they got their facts - it is an interesting read. And you may want to look again, but cheat notes?? It was a handkerchief, which he wiped his face with during the debate...

First, I will not deny that our economy started going downhill with Bush. There were definite short comings and Obama did inherit some tough economic numbers. But there is no way that Obama has helped us recover from that state. Instead the country has gone deeper into debt by 4-5 trillion, the job market is even more unstable than it was in 2008, taxes are higher, insurance premiums and deductibles are 9% higher in the last two years alone, gas prices and food costs are higher while standard of living raises were obsolete over the past few years, and we still face the same dilemna with national security...
So Obama has helped? Where? With Obamacare? Hmmm, nope, that cost more money too.
And the lack of change that I have seen in the past 4 years would not induce me to give Obama another 4 years to "do over".

Anyways, everyone has a right to their opinion, but I do urge everyone and anyone - do your research. Read more than one article from more than one news source. Don't listen to just the 30 second ads that each candidate plays, but truly read up and get as many facts as possible. It is your vote, every one makes a difference. If you don't like the way this country is being run, this is the chance to do something about it.
75184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
Obama.
Posted 10/11/12
I need a third party choice but cant vote for one cause they will always lose , I dont think the other parties defend civil liberties enough.
75824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 10/11/12
The spending problem existed beyond Bush. If you have the time read Aftershock (Protect Yourself and Profit in the next Global Financial Meltdown) written by David Wiedemer, PhD. Yeah, I know. Sounds like 1 of those titles only designed to scare you into buying a book about someone's hypothese. The man does a good job explaining where the road of good intentions and programs without fiscal responsibility intact has taken us and what's in store in the near future.

You also might want to check Heritage.org for reference on topics of importance.

The leviathan known as damn government can almost run on auto-pilot presently. The bureaucracy has gotten so vast in size and scope of power over the past few decades that it is becoming a 4th branch of government. If it continues to grow unchecked our vote as a citizenry won't matter in the future as these bureaucrats won't be affected by which direction we, as a people, wish to direct it. Governments are self-serving. The message might suggest 1 interest will be treated well while another is ignored but the usual result is gain and more power for government, loss of civil liberties for citizenry.

Obama is looking out for Obama and, in spite of his rhetoric, does not care 1 wit for you. I have yet to hear this man say anything positive about our country. This class-warfare between factions isn't cutting it. This man is not a uniter, he's a divider.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.